Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: BluesMan1 on March 10, 2009, 11:05:32 AM
Tuffy- I heard that if you sleep with it held tightly to your body like a lover, that will make it sound better & bond with you even more ! :bgrin:
Jeff   :guitar

Yes, but as it says in the bible (I'm paraphrasing here)
 "What gaineth a man to falleth in love with his guitar and loseth his wife"

Tuffy- I heard that if you sleep with it held tightly to your body like a lover, that will make it sound better & bond with you even more ! :bgrin:
Jeff   :guitar

That's some serious string snag.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

I knew a bunch of loony's hung out here.
:wacko:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Jeff  :guitar

See? That's where I've messed up. I always stop after stimulating interaction, soothing rub down, and tucking into the case.  :guitar
But I find that fulfilling and as a bonus, something I can talk to kids about.  :humour:

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

First song.....????

I dont know much classical stuff, but I have a real pretty fingerstyle version of 'Ode to Joy' in my fingers.  I'll probably play that real slow and let the guitar ring and sustain through each phrase.  Followed by another, 'Fur Elise'.   Then...  kick it up notch with 'Unchained Melody' .  When those are done,  I'll know if my F-III will be adopted or just a foster guitar in my fleet.

I may have to learn and sing 'For My Lady' (previously mentioned here) for my lady.  Small thanks but that song does have very nice and heartfelt lyrics, that she would really like...  (boat and sailing stuff in the song have no bearing on this choice ):rolleye:

ds :beer
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Now you got me afraid to play anything - Can I help it if I learned to play by watching beginners hanging out in guitar shops?

Excuse me while I go hit a few fingers with my framing hammer so I have a good excuse -

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

NEW PHOTOS ON FACEBOOK!!!  Looks awesome!!  The all hog guitars look incredible.  Who has 108490??  Beautiful guitar!!!

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

No new pics of mine but I am seeing plenty to make me happy, and expectant!

I believe that hog top belongs to: #14 S/N 108490 BlastersFan55 LS03MTHB and as you say, it is beautiful!

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Looks like they are on the verge of getting shipped out.
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

Check out Facebook - 3 new pictures.  signed labels arriving by fedex - brilliant!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on March 11, 2009, 06:01:46 PM
Check out Facebook - 3 new pictures.  signed labels arriving by fedex - brilliant!

HEY !   I think I saw my label ! :roll   

Seriously, folks.  It can't be long now.  I have to think that the application of the labels is one of the very last stages before the thing gets strung up.

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 11, 2009, 06:39:44 PM
Seriously, folks.  It can't be long now.  I have to think that the application of the labels is one of the very last stages before the thing gets strung up.

Logically yes, but I still have childhood memories of putting the wheels on lego cars way before the instructions told me to. :humour:

It certainly looks like they are nearly complete.  They look incredible now.  The proportions look great now the bridges are on too.  They are certainly exceeding my expections in the looks department.  I just cannot wait to hear it now!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

SWEET!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 11, 2009, 06:39:44 PM

HEY !   I think I saw my label ! :roll   

The text from one of the photos on Facebook explains what is left to be done.  We are getting very close now:

"These are all Forum III guitars waiting for signature cards to come from Jean. They will arrive today. Once the cards are installed they will get assembled. That includes machine heads, saddle, pick guards, pick-ups(not in this case), set up and strung up. And anything else that is added on."

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

I thought pickguards were going in the cases...
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I've copied over the pictures from Facebook to the Forum Pictures section.

yep, shouldn't be putting pickguards on... (a clear on mine would be OK)...
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I'll have you all know that my decision to refrain from looking at any more photos about a week ago is truly testing my patience.  But I'm steadfast in my quest for the ultimate surprise.  I appreciate no photos in this thread (keeping them in the photos thread).  Your descriptions have my curiosity at an all time high.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd make it this long without caving in...but now I'm in for the long haul.

Won't you join me? Anyone?

Oh wait, a bunch of you are going to see them FIRST-HAND in just a few days..."Lucky..."
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: pennerblue on March 11, 2009, 10:17:56 PM
I'll have you all know that my decision to refrain from looking at any more photos about a week ago is truly testing my patience.  But I'm steadfast in my quest for the ultimate surprise.  I appreciate no photos in this thread (keeping them in the photos thread).  Your descriptions have my curiosity at an all time high.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd make it this long without caving in...but now I'm in for the long haul.

Won't you join me? Anyone?

Oh wait, a bunch of you are going to see them FIRST-HAND in just a few days..."Lucky..."
I'm already in Shoreline Wa, and tomorrow I'll be in Vancity and linking up with dermot.Plane ride was fine, staying with friends here and visited others also ( we surprised them) So I think the next six days will be as good as this one. With a F-III coming home to Texas.
Danny

Quote from: dependan on March 12, 2009, 12:33:52 AM
                I'm already in Shoreline Wa, and tomorrow I'll be in Vancity and linking up with dermot.Plane ride was fine, staying with friends here and visited others also ( we surprised them) So I think the next six days will be as good as this one. With a F-III coming home to Texas.
Danny

Welcome to the neighborhood.  Do you need to borrow a guitar? (CA Cargo)  You are just Around the corner!  I sent you a PM with my cell#
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Quote from: photomat on March 12, 2009, 12:40:55 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood.  Do you need to borrow a guitar? (CA Cargo)  You are just Around the corner!  I sent you a PM with my cell#
Dermot is lending me a git, but thank you very much. I PM'd you back also.