Pages: 1 ... 51 [52] 53 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 166716 times)
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: March 05, 2009, 03:12:17 AM »

Still haven't seen 108544, but I'm managing to live precariously through those of you who have seen your guitars. Hopefully, will get to see mine on March 16.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: March 05, 2009, 05:47:14 AM »

Still haven't seen 108544, but I'm managing to live precariously through those of you who have seen your guitars. Hopefully, will get to see mine on March 16.

They're saving the best for last....

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1022 on: March 05, 2009, 06:36:30 AM »

Lynda, hold on.   We'll see 'em all in just a few days.   From the pictures that have been posted they all look terrific.   We're gonna have a big time in Vancouver.
LaminateBoy

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: March 05, 2009, 03:01:54 PM »

I think you meant to say "vicariously", but on reflection I think I like the way you said it better.

L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: March 05, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »

I think you meant to say "vicariously", but on reflection I think I like the way you said it better.

Duh! I'm an idiot! Yes, I meant vicariously.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1025 on: March 05, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »

"precariously" works too.   Maybe better  bigrin
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: March 06, 2009, 03:15:26 AM »

I live precariously, most days.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: March 06, 2009, 08:47:43 PM »

Ok. All the bills are paid up and now the REAL waiting game begins. I know the guitar is almost done. I know the accounts are settled. I know what the guitar will look like. I can almost imagine what she's going to sound like. For me, the next few weeks will be the most agonizing wait!  drool

I hope the plans for the trip to Vancouver have broken up everyone else's obsessive behavior. Have a rocking good time and make sure you check out all of the great wildlife on the West Coast. There are plenty of short day hikes in the area that are breath-taking.   

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: March 07, 2009, 03:04:25 AM »

Ok. All the bills are paid up and now the REAL waiting game begins. I know the guitar is almost done.

I think we are getting really close to being done at this point.  My gut tells me that we are a week or so away from seeing some guitars start to ship.  Nobody has said anything to me...just a hunch.

On the one hand...the wait is killing me.  On the other hand...its great to have something really special to look forward to.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: March 07, 2009, 03:48:55 AM »

Yeah, it really is Jordan. 

It'll be nice to thump on a new guitar while things are blossoming, too.  Man, I love spring.

Being a hat guy too, I'm looking forward to plunking Jim's Forum hat on my head!  Looks like one nice piece of head gear.   
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: March 07, 2009, 04:42:56 AM »

Here are some pics of a LS-05 that I found in an old thread. It makes me want to gloss mine up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: March 07, 2009, 04:44:54 AM »

Sorry that last one is upside down, so just turn your monitor over.
                This one is 14 fret.   I like it.    Danny

prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: March 07, 2009, 06:03:04 AM »

Irfanview is fast and easy when dealing with wayward photos:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Play it daily for best results.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: March 07, 2009, 06:07:02 AM »

That's better, are you still unlikely for Vancouver?

prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: March 07, 2009, 06:25:52 AM »

That's better, are you still unlikely for Vancouver?
Yes, we'll be booking a motel this weekend for that weekend.  No word from other grad schools the last few days.  So don't leave the light on for me...

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:06 AM »

Well, I'll be in Seattle for a day and a night, probably won't work, but if it could maybe we could get a cup of  .  Anyway have a good weekend.
                                             Danny

Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: March 07, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »

I'm just curious about the differences between our Forum III LS guitars vs. the LS-05 that Danny posted pictures of.  Obviously our Forum III is 12 fret vs. the 14 fret LS-05.  Does that mean that the Forum III is an inch or two shorter in length overall because of the elimination of the 2 extra frets?  I was looking at Larrivee's website and checking the dimensions of the different body styles.  Its surprising how much the overall length of the different guitars varies (i.e. OM, D, L, etc).

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: March 07, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »

I'm just curious about the differences between our Forum III LS guitars vs. the LS-05 that Danny posted pictures of.  Obviously our Forum III is 12 fret vs. the 14 fret LS-05.  Does that mean that the Forum III is an inch or two shorter in length overall because of the elimination of the 2 extra frets?  I was looking at Larrivee's website and checking the dimensions of the different body styles.  Its surprising how much the overall length of the different guitars varies (i.e. OM, D, L, etc).

Jordan.
Yes, the LS-03III will be a little shorter.  I remember when I got the SD-50 how it was shorter than what I expected, because I wasn't used to a 12-fret guitar.

dazdarren

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: March 09, 2009, 01:20:50 AM »

I was almost thinking the site wasn't working today...no one has posted yet regarding the FG III

So here's a question for those who will soon be receiving their FG III.  When you first pick up that guitar and play that first note or chord...what will you play?

That thought has crossed my mind a few times.  When I first pick it up I'm going to feel and smell the wood (something about the smell of an acoustic guitar is refreshing to me).  What will I play that first time I pick it up.  I really don't know...I'll just feel something and see what comes out.  Looking forward to seeing what comes out of that first musical experience.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: March 09, 2009, 01:23:11 AM »

I was almost thinking the site wasn't working today...no one has posted yet regarding the FG III

So here's a question for those who will soon be receiving their FG III.  When you first pick up that guitar and play that first note or chord...what will you play?

That thought has crossed my mind a few times.  When I first pick it up I'm going to feel and smell the wood (something about the smell of an acoustic guitar is refreshing to me).  What will I play that first time I pick it up.  I really don't know...I'll just feel something and see what comes out.  Looking forward to seeing what comes out of that first musical experience.
  "For my Lady"

Pages: 1 ... 51 [52] 53 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: