Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First heavy metal, now sweeping the nation, the world. heavy Donut music. :donut
Leading the way  Larri and the Crispy Creamers.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

NEW PICTURES

Wooohoooo............ new Forum III pictures on facebook.   
The first forum III's are getting frets right now.     Also, here's the first real look at the "Tuffy" 3 dot 12th fret markers.  Not a bad idea if I do say so myself.    Getting closer..   

[attachment deleted by admin]

not me :)

but I really like the simple binding!

I know HB all around looks good, but I think I made a good choice on my F3!  :nanadance
Looks pretty simple like I wanted :)
Jeffrey

safricanplayer,   Ray, it's yours buddy.   Lookin' good.

The latest pictures are brilliant (except for the distinct lack of 108549 :doh).   What I have noticed through this process, that I hadn't appreciated before, is the level of skill that goes into even the simplest of tasks.  I had previously assumed that machines make the job easier, but it is apparent that they don't necessarily do that, they just make it more efficient/quicker and more consistent.  The skill level in operating the machinery is clear from the photos and the captions.

I love the little touches like hammering in the frets by hand, and there being a significant element of using the trained and skilled eye to judge the straightness of the fretboard.  For the number of guitars produced in the factory, it is an astonishing just how genuinely 'hand crafted' they are.

And Tuffy, your three dot fret markers are really really smart looking.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on March 03, 2009, 04:28:54 PM
The latest pictures are brilliant (except for the distinct lack of 108549 :doh).   What I have noticed through this process, that I hadn't appreciated before, is the level of skill that goes into even the simplest of tasks.  I had previously assumed that machines make the job easier, but it is apparent that they don't necessarily do that, they just make it more efficient/quicker and more consistent.  The skill level in operating the machinery is clear from the photos and the captions.

I love the little touches like hammering in the frets by hand, and there being a significant element of using the trained and skilled eye to judge the straightness of the fretboard.  For the number of guitars produced in the factory, it is an astonishing just how genuinely 'hand crafted' they are.

Good comments above and thanks to Tuffy for the three dot concept.  It gives the guitars a very unique finishing touch.  If you think about it...these guitars are made by hand.  While some tools and woodworking machines were used in the process, the guitars were still crafted by hand with tons of care, skill and talent.  I wonder if you can say the same thing about Martin, Taylor, etc.  Not sure if their product is still hand made or whether they have automated parts of the process to allow for much higher volumes.

The excitement keeps building and I can't wait to play my new git.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: Alpione on March 03, 2009, 02:51:52 PM
So "to each his own" but those who differ from your opinion need to "take off their tinted glasses?" 

Got it...

Adam
Just don't call my guitar "cheesy" and we will get along just fine.
                                                     Danny

Quote from: BenF on March 03, 2009, 04:28:54 PM

Hey Ben, mine is one serial number apart from yours: 108548. Given the progress in the photos we've seen, I bet ours are through fretting and on to bridge installation.  :thumb

And yeah, the three dots look awesome!!!!!!!!!   :nanadance
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: limnephilidae on March 03, 2009, 07:19:11 PM
Hey Ben, mine is one serial number apart from yours: 108548. Given the progress in the photos we've seen, I bet ours are through fretting and on to bridge installation.  :thumb

And yeah, the three dots look awesome!!!!!!!!!   :nanadance

Adam,

Hopefully that would mean mine (108544) is also in the same batch. Would REALLY like to see a picture of mine, but I'm not complaining...really. Sigh.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Today's pics are copied over from Facebook.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Hi,

How are people determining what their serial numbers are? Looking forward to receiving the LS-03.
Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars

Quote from: willguitar on March 03, 2009, 09:31:26 PM
Hi,

How are people determining what their serial numbers are? Looking forward to receiving the LS-03.

Some of the pictures have Production Charts with serial number and label number 1-78 visable. Your label number is in the orders thread.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: willguitar on March 03, 2009, 09:31:26 PM
Hi,

Will
You are order #72  ...  Serial #108504  There are probably some glimpses of your guitar on the forum III picture pages.

Tuffythepug

I've decided to STOP looking at the pictures.  I want the surprise!  Kinda feel guilty like a kid finding the christmas presents early stashed in the parents closet...(gee, does that sound like I'm speaking from experience?)

So, I will not check Facebook, nor the pictures post and I will quickly scroll down at any future photos posted in this thread.

Anyone with me?

PS:  I like both HB and w/out (but like HB more :winkin:)
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

I'm with you ... kinda sorta, Pennerblue.

A couple of weeks ago I quit being anxious to see picture of MY guitar. John's captions along with the photos are very educational though. So I still enjoy them in an aggregate, academic way. I can't promise not to shout if my guitar is pictured, however.

I have at least chilled out and am ready to wait until the "fulness of time" to receive my FG-III.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Maybe they could "X" out the serial numbers on all the photos like they do with people's eyes to mainatain anonymity...no wait, that would drive everyone else CRAZY!

Good call, maybe I could glance at them without looking at the numbers...no wait...I DO NOT WANT TO SEE MY GUITAR OR ANY OTHER HOG TOP FIII until the glorious day when I open that case!  Can you imagine the excitement???!!!

So it's settled, no more pictures for me.  Hopefully, Facebook will still have the photos of the production AFTER I get it.
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: pennerblue on March 04, 2009, 12:09:13 AM
Maybe they could "X" out the serial numbers on all the photos like they do with people's eyes to mainatain anonymity...no wait, that would drive everyone else CRAZY!

Good call, maybe I could glance at them without looking at the numbers...no wait...I DO NOT WANT TO SEE MY GUITAR OR ANY OTHER HOG TOP FIII until the glorious day when I open that case!  Can you imagine the excitement???!!!

So it's settled, no more pictures for me.  Hopefully, Facebook will still have the photos of the production AFTER I get it.
Yup we don't want to get too excited.
                             (Next post is 1000)

Oh Well,,,, I guess it's me. This is the 1000 th post in this thread.

I wonder if anyone is interested in the Forum III Guitar around here? :whistling: