Pages: 1 ... 47 [48] 49 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 172310 times)
L-fan

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: March 01, 2009, 02:19:53 AM »

I love the look of that flamed maple OO-09!!!

I dreamed of maple b/s for the FIII, and was disappointed it wasn't offered as an upcharge or something.  But as the process went on, I could see these FIII's would be very, very special in their own right.  And seeing them nearing completion, it has exceeded my expectations in many ways already.  I must find ways to distract myself from the wait...... crying

Scott

RS-2
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: March 01, 2009, 02:28:22 AM »

Though I was playing my OM-21 a little earlier and I have an old Stella parlor in my lap right now, the 00-09 is my go to git since the day it was delivered. I have never even changed the strings yet. I love the feel (and tone) for my style of play. Which is mostly fingerstyle with bare finger strumming. So the bright sound is subdued in a way by bare flesh.
    It does have the looks too though.
                 You are right a F-4 in Maple would be tough to pass up.
    (Back to practice on my finger shredder; actually this Stella has had a nice neck reset and plays well.)

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: March 01, 2009, 06:43:33 PM »

IT'S MARCH.......

Heard that the F-III's are due in MARCH....   

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: March 01, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »

Quick pop in, we are really excited because we are supposed to get six to nine inches of snow. understand that we have had NO snow this year. We remain skeptical but they have declared a snow ER as of 4 pm in DC. I'm happy I did not have to brave the mass hysteria at the grocery as we are well stocked.

I haven't posted lately because  haven't had anything positive to say,lol, and I've been baking up a storm. Hey, maybe that's why we are getting snow? Snow baking.

I'm hoping my guitar will be one of the last to be done or at least not ready this month. Without going into detail, let's just say that we've gone from 'at least we are doing better than some' to looking 'some' in the eye. But we have faith. Which is what that's about, I suppose, it's easy to have faith when everything is peachy. While it's not more than you can bear, it can be pretty freakin' heavy.

Anyhow, like I said I don't want to be She of the Raining Parade, but it's been cool reading all this stuff and seeing photos, how generous of them to take the time to do that.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: March 02, 2009, 12:07:17 AM »

six to nine inches of snow?

We get well over 200 inches where I live...... seriously white, but usually sunny  bigrin

man, am I looking for to my All-hog.  I went without the puffing.... bit bummed

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: March 02, 2009, 01:00:01 AM »

six to nine inches of snow?

We get well over 200 inches where I live...... seriously white, but usually sunny  bigrin

man, am I looking for to my All-hog.  I went without the puffing.... bit bummed

Don't be bummed. The standard larrivee purfling looks great too. I think once you start playing it, all doubt will disipate.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: March 02, 2009, 01:01:39 AM »

Holly, hang in there.  It will all turn out fine and your FIII will be a special guitar and worth the wait and weight (of dollars).

Play it daily for best results.
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: March 02, 2009, 06:33:44 AM »

Don't be bummed. The standard larrivee purfling looks great too. I think once you start playing it, all doubt will disipate.

Not really bummed.  So many people keep saying would great the all hog looks with puffing is making me question my choice. I really do like the simpler look.  I hope my Hog has some interesting looking wood, but either way I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited.

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
Vancouver Southpaw

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: March 02, 2009, 06:55:53 AM »

Not really bummed.  So many people keep saying would great the all hog looks with puffing is amking me question my choice. I really do like the simplier look.  I hope my Hog has some interesting looking wood, but either way I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited.

Ditto here. When I saw the sharp-looking pics of the herringbone I was a little bit remorseful about passing on it, but life will go on and the guitar will sound just as good without...

Mike
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: March 02, 2009, 08:53:41 AM »

I agree about the purfling thing.  With it looks great, kind of like traditional bling, but without it underlines the simplicity of the guitars, which is really what the 03 series is about, simple looks and great playability and sound.  Either way has its good points in my book.  I don't believe anyone could justify getting it wrong with or without HB purfling.

Are they finished yet??????

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: March 02, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »

I agonized about the HB, and the cutaway, for a LONG time - Now that I see the guitars starting to come together, I am very happy with the simple & classic look of the "plain" models I am getting, and know I made the right choice for me - but certainly understand the appeal of the HB -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
Alpione

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: March 02, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »

I agonized about the HB, and the cutaway, for a LONG time - Now that I see the guitars starting to come together, I am very happy with the simple & classic look of the "plain" models I am getting, and know I made the right choice for me - but certainly understand the appeal of the HB -

Agreed.  To me, the double herringbone is a little cheesy.  But I know a lot of people love it (and many don't like my choice of a cutaway,) so to each his own.

Can't wait!

Adam
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: March 02, 2009, 10:55:09 PM »

Agreed.  To me, the double herringbone is a little cheesy.  But I know a lot of people love it (and many don't like my choice of a cutaway,) so to each his own.

Can't wait!

Adam
   You gotta be kiddin.

[attachment deleted by admin]

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
morrow22

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: March 02, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »

I think they all look great- wish I could have gotten one of each.   I think we will all be HAPPY!!!!
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #954 on: March 02, 2009, 11:05:01 PM »

Can't wait!

Adam

I think the double herringbone is just the opposite of cheesy.   Elegant and traditional come to mind.
but you are correct.... to each his own.  I'm glad everyone got to choose for themselves. 

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: March 02, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »

Message from Jim Holler. 

I spoke to John Jr. He will sign the labels! He will be finding a place for lunch. We will each be responsible for paying for our own lunch. Jean is in Europe now and we do not know if he will make it back for 3/16. If he does we can all be surprised at the same time.

So. John Jr will sign the labels in addition to Jean.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: March 02, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »

I like surprises 

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: March 02, 2009, 11:36:21 PM »

Message from Jim Holler. 

I spoke to John Jr. He will sign the labels! He will be finding a place for lunch. We will each be responsible for paying for our own lunch. Jean is in Europe now and we do not know if he will make it back for 3/16. If he does we can all be surprised at the same time.

Breaking News !!!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!   

ricky
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: March 02, 2009, 11:41:05 PM »

Message from Jim Holler. 

Wow...awesome news on the signatures! Also, I'm a bitter and jealous person because I'll be stuck in Ohio working while you guys meet Jean and John Jr.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: March 02, 2009, 11:44:02 PM »

Question about the FG III pictures.

The finish looks glossy. Is it because the paint is still wet?

ricky
Pages: 1 ... 47 [48] 49 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: