Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Couldn't have said it better, Jordan. 

I showed my wife the facebook photos tonight and she was amazed at the hands-on craftmanship - as I was truthfully.

Yeah, pretty cool.

I've been waiting to see a pic of my new Forum III and finaly found one. I was sitting here getting somewhat giddy and even more excited that it was coming along so well. I started looking closer at the pic and hope I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing. If you folks would have a look and let me know what you think.  My number is 108528. Do I see a boo boo in the binding? I hope not! Is there a slight imperfection, like a little dip in the biinding on the side right below the numbers?  It is late after quite a tough week and maybe my eyes are not working right, but on the other guitars in the pic the binding looks straight. Just let me know what you think.  :?

[attachment deleted by admin]
PO5 MT Larrivee Parlor (sold darn it)
Hog Weissenborn Lap Slide
Republic Reso-Relic Tricone
Stew-Mac A-Style Mandolin (Kit)

It is in the "raw" state my friend, relax.

Really, relax about anything you see as a "flaw" at this stage. If you review the captions under the pics that John posts you see where one had been sent back in the process until it could be made right. Then brought back on the line with the others.
    Besides, dust on a lens, or other picture related problems could be the cause of an imperfect look. I've taken 100's of pics of my guitars and due to this or that it comes out looking funny.
                       So hang on it will be fine.                                     Danny

Thanks for te reasurance guys!  :wave :donut :donut2 :coffee :thumb
Real tired and late when I saw it. After my post I realised that non of us would receive a even slightly flawed guitar and that sanding would fix this little ol' thing. Hasty with my reaction and sorry bout that!  With such a great group of folks that are bringing this together and the speical attention shown by John, I'm quite happy and thrilled to have this opportunity. So, lets get on with the party!!!!!!  :nanadance

I have a ton of confidence in the Vancouver factory's ability to put out a beautiful high quality product.  But nothing is perfect - I hope we aren't getting our expectations so high that we believe that every guitar will be 100% flawless, blemish-less, basically perfect.  None of my guitars came from the factory that way, there is always a little something not perfect.  I guess it is all in how obsessive one can get.
Scott

RS-2

Quote from: L-fan on February 28, 2009, 08:33:08 AM
I have a ton of confidence in the Vancouver factory's ability to put out a beautiful high quality product.  But nothing is perfect - I hope we aren't getting our expectations so high that we believe that every guitar will be 100% flawless, blemish-less, basically perfect.  None of my guitars came from the factory that way, there is always a little something not perfect.  I guess it is all in how obsessive one can get.

Exactly.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

This is going to be a great one!!! The most prized one in my life, I'm sure! :nice guitar: :thumb

Okay...

I've been patient.....   :whistling:

I've been cool..... :beer

Lots o' great pics..... :bowdown:

only one of the sides of mine in a stack of others.... :?

My gills are starting to green (envy)..... :crying:

These are going to be really special guitars... :thumb

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

You all are so funny and excited, what will you talk about after the Forum III is delivered?  I must admit I am as excited as you are, it must be contagious.  I love the color of the IS and with the herringbone purfling it really gives it that extra little touch of class:donut :donut :donut2 :coffee

Wow,

That Herringbone on the Italian Spruce looks absolutely gorgeous.  :thumbsup  I have to say if I could do it over, I'd have gone for that option, based on the pictures posted. Man, this sure is fun. I posted a comment back before the production began, stating that buying a Forum 111 guitar would afford one many of the same feelings and emotions as you would experience commissioning a custom build, but for a fraction of the price. It's great to see the enthusiasm building, and I can't wait to get feedback from the lucky one's going up to Vancouver next month.

Here's to the wait winding down :nanadance

~ Ray ~
Mcknight Slope Dred ~ '59 bearclaw Sitka / Wavy African Mahogany
Martin 000-18 Norman Blake
Martin 0-16NY
Martin 0-18K
Martin 0-17

Quote from: aardvark on February 28, 2009, 02:42:07 PM
You all are so funny and excited, what will you talk about after the Forum III is delivered?  I must admit I am as excited as you are, it must be contagious. 

The excitement is contagious -- even I'm getting excited, and I didn't order a F-III! It's been fun reading this thread and I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing pics about the trip/tour, and I suspect there just might be a few interesting posts ( I'd guess at least 78 or so) once the F-IIIs start arriving. Congrats to all the soon-to-be new F-III parents.

Al
OM-05

You all are so funny and excited, what will you talk about after the Forum III is delivered?  I must admit I am as excited as you are, it must be contagious.  I love the color of the IS and with the herringbone purfling it really gives it that extra little touch of class:donut :donut :donut2 :coffee

Well that's easy, how nice they sound :winkin:

You all are so funny and excited, what will you talk about after the Forum III is delivered? 

FORUM IV !!

Quote from: tuffythepug on February 28, 2009, 04:50:20 PM

FORUM IV !!

Oh no please. At least wait a year. My willpower can't resist but my bank account can.  :arrow
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Lynn, you are SUCH an enabler!  :humour:
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

It is getting harder and harder to wait as they get more and more complete.  With respect to the Forum IV, I believe that effort is more than half way done already, and may well be completed sooner than we think.  And if they offer any maple b/s, I may be in for that one too.  Ack!   :laughin:
Scott

RS-2

Yea, something like this, but maybe with a slothead.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I love the look of that flamed maple OO-09!!!

I dreamed of maple b/s for the FIII, and was disappointed it wasn't offered as an upcharge or something.  But as the process went on, I could see these FIII's would be very, very special in their own right.  And seeing them nearing completion, it has exceeded my expectations in many ways already.  I must find ways to distract myself from the wait...... :crying:
Scott

RS-2