Pages: 1 ... 44 [45] 46 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 172770 times)
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: February 25, 2009, 09:39:06 PM »

Quick question:  Am I the only one who hasn't seen their serial number (108491) in any of the photos?

I dying to get a glimpse of my guitar...hehehe.

Jordan.

No I have not seen mine (108530) yet........wait....I finally saw one in today's batch.  Hope yours will follow soon.

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: February 25, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »

As I said to Danny earlier, if you haven't seen your guitar yet, it can only mean that it is so nice that they don't want to put up pics that would only serve to make everyone else jealous -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
Stephen Basil

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: February 25, 2009, 10:33:21 PM »

It's interesting how the finish gives the rosewood a more uniform appearance

[attachment deleted by admin]

OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: February 25, 2009, 11:30:40 PM »

I didn't realize there were that many cut aways. 

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: February 26, 2009, 01:43:42 AM »

I finally saw my neck. One picture says that it is the "last" of the fretboards. So all the gits are in production.
I have only seen two pics of mine so far. But I think very soon we will see completed gits, at least necks permanently attached to bodies with the finish done. Then it's not long to a complete F-III. I wonder if they will tell which one is the real #1 F-III. It's probably ricky's and mine will be last. 
               Roger yours must be in the same run as mine and just hasn't shown up in the pics yet.
                   Jeff you have a nice looking hog top git there, yours and Tuffy's could be twins.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: February 26, 2009, 01:44:45 AM »

I didn't realize there were that many cut aways. 

There were 7 cutaways ordered that I had recorded. There were probably a couple more.

ok. Today's pictures are moved over from Facebook for those waiting.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: February 26, 2009, 01:53:34 AM »

Wow, those mahogany bodies with those creamy IS tops, I just know I'm going to love this guitar!!!!

Hopefully, I'll be ready to go back into the studio not long after I get it...

I feel the same way exactly. Except the part about going back into the studio. But I will figure out how to record some tunes and post them so I can be terribly embarrassed and hopefully propelled by all the snickering to get better at playing. Don't get me wrong I know it's about enjoying what you play. But after almost 40 years I could stand a little improvement.                                  Danny
         (But at least my wife likes it)

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: February 26, 2009, 03:34:46 AM »

AMAZING!!!!  Finally a pict of my guitar and it looks incredible!!!!  Thanks John!!!  Your whole team is awesome!

Jordan

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: February 26, 2009, 03:51:46 AM »

New photos on Facebook!!!  Great pictures. 

Quick question:  Am I the only one who hasn't seen their serial number (108491) in any of the photos?

I'm dying to get a glimpse of my guitar...hehehe.

Jordan.
                     "I guess it's true what they say bout the squeaky wheel...always gettin the grease" J.T.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #889 on: February 26, 2009, 03:56:43 AM »

AMAZING!!!!  Finally a pict of my guitar and it looks incredible!!!!  Thanks John!!!  Your whole team is awesome!

Jordan

This is exactly what I hoped they would look like with the herringbone and hog.  I'm sure you are as pleased as I am. 
Tuffythepug
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: February 26, 2009, 03:57:55 AM »

TUFFY"S TWINS

(Or quadruplets or something)

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: February 26, 2009, 04:03:24 AM »

"I guess it's true what they say bout the squeaky wheel...always gettin the grease" J.T.

Lets just say...Big Brother reads this forum...and he is a really good/sympathetic guy!!!  Very much appreciated.

Let me just say something else...

Its been a long cold winter up here in Canada.  The economy sucks.  Many people are worried about their jobs.  People on the street are grumpy...and there is lots to get upset about if you go looking for it.  This whole Forum III adventure has been an amazing tonic for me (and I'm sure others) over the last few months.  The hundreds of pages of posts, the photos, the comments from John and everyone else on Facebook...have all been something really fun to look forward to each day.  Its been one heck of a good distraction.  Thanks to all for brightening up a rather cold and crummy winter.  Its been a great ride!!

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #892 on: February 26, 2009, 04:18:07 AM »

HOLY CRAP !   

I just saw the latest pictures of the forum III's getting their "paint jobs" and other finishing touches.
    I had high hopes that these F3s would be special.    I was hoping for something a little nicer than the
    entry level 03 series.  From what I see in the pics these are going to exceed my expectations.
    For, essentially, 03 series guitars these are stunning.   It looks like some of them may even be finished
    by the time the tour rolls around.    Could be wishful thinking.  I know there's lots of work left to do
    before they are actual playable guitars.

Tuffythepug
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: February 26, 2009, 04:23:53 AM »

Lets just say...Big Brother reads this forum...and he is a really good/sympathetic guy!!!  Very much appreciated.

Let me just say something else...

Its been a long cold winter up here in Canada.  The economy sucks.  Many people are worried about their jobs.  People on the street are grumpy...and there is lots to get upset about if you go looking for it.  This whole Forum III adventure has been an amazing tonic for me (and I'm sure others) over the last few months.  The hundreds of pages of posts, the photos, the comments from John and everyone else on Facebook...have all been something really fun to look forward to each day.  Its been one heck of a good distraction.  Thanks to all for brightening up a rather cold and crummy winter.  Its been a great ride!!

Jordan.
         Yup, I used to live in Michigan. Now I'm in Texas. Total flip flop on weather. But I guess hot and sunny for months on end can be a little "brighter" than cold, damp ,gloomy and cloudy days. But I do miss the 4 seasons and I like the cold as long as the sun is shining.

I just saw the latest pictures of the forum III's getting their "paint jobs" and other finishing touches.
    I had high hopes that these F3s would be special.    I was hoping for something a little nicer than the
    entry level 03 series.  From what I see in the pics these are going to exceed my expectations.
    For, essentially, 03 series guitars these are stunning.   It looks like some of them may even be finished
    by the time the tour rolls around.    Could be wishful thinking.  I know there's lots of work left to do
    before they are actual playable guitars.

Tuffythepug
                           Yours will be ready from the looks of things.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Safricanplayer

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: February 26, 2009, 08:31:13 AM »

Man,

This is getting crazy exciting.  I still haven't seen my numbers but know they got to be in there somewhere . Kudo's to those of you who went for the herringbone, it look fantastic on both the IS and Hog

~ Ray ~

Mcknight Slope Dred ~ '59 bearclaw Sitka / Wavy African Mahogany
Eichelbaum OM ~ Euro Spruce / Brazilian Rosewood
Martin 000-18 Norman Blake
Larrivee Forum III ~ All Hog
KY MOOSE

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: February 26, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »

Raymond, I thought you must've seen your #73...I think this is it!  SN#108484

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: February 26, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »

I am SO happy I ordered the herringbone purfling. Looks friggen amazing! 

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: February 26, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »

I am SO happy I ordered the herringbone purfling. ...

You are so completely right, it does look wonderful. Just a few weeks and your Silver Oak will be a fleeting memory.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: February 26, 2009, 02:04:01 PM »

I agree that the H-bone looks very nice. I had some reservations at first and I remember some (or maybe only one) dropped out because h-bone was too traditional and not the Larri look.
        But this LS-03 is so uniquely Larrivee in every way that it doesn't matter even a little bit in that regard to me. Plus it does look so nice on the hog tops (which we knew from the 000-50 hog top that Tuffy has), but it looks really fantastic bordering that creamy white IS top with the rosette matching also. Then the Ebony also fits in very well with the black/white theme on the IS tops.
                                        Very nice indeed.                      Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: February 26, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »

I am SO happy I ordered the herringbone purfling. Looks friggen amazing! 

Me too.  I have it on my OM-09 (spruce top), and it really looks great.  I wasn't exactlty sure if I wanted the HB purf in the all hog I ordered, but now I am real glad I did.  It's gonna look real sweet, and be a nice complement to my OM.
Pages: 1 ... 44 [45] 46 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: