Pages: 1 ... 43 [44] 45 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 172681 times)
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: February 24, 2009, 10:03:08 PM »

WOW! I am amazed at the snap the herringbone purfling gives to and gets from that hog top. Beautiful git!  nice guitar

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: February 24, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »

Yessssssssssssssssssss !  The serial number matches up with mine.    Do you believe in love at first sight. ?

She looks sweet alright.  Can't wait to hold her in my arms and see if her voice is as sweet as her looks.

It seems like these are getting real close to completion.  Like I said once before, this is the most excitment I've had since the hogs ate grandma.

T the P

She's a beauty Lynn!

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: February 25, 2009, 03:35:46 AM »

I've moved today's pictures to the thread in the picture section.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: February 25, 2009, 04:49:07 AM »

Yessssssssssssssssssss !  The serial number matches up with mine.    Do you believe in love at first sight. ?

T the P

As Napolean Dynamite would say "Luckyyyy!"

Man...I wish I ordered one of those hog tops with HB...oh wait, I DID! 

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: February 25, 2009, 05:25:04 AM »

The Hog/IS combination looks equally as stunning as the RW/IS.  I am sure the all hog version will be incredible too.  I think the proportions of this guitar are sweet, it looks perfectly formed.  really, waiting is becoming quite difficult now!
                Ben I agree with you 100%. I really believe Larrivee should consider putting this style guitar in their line up. If they did a 14 and 12 fret model in a LS-03 and then some 05 and 09's etc. I think the Dealers would respond this year with a lot of orders and they would be a good seller.

Modified: I wrote this late last nite, if you read it and it doesn't make sense....well have a 

Martin is selling lots of gits at this size and close to these specs, It seems that everyone else including Larrivee has dropped the OO and Martin size OM/000 gits, choosing to make parlors/babys or lots of dreds and jumbos. Younger players want LOUD guitars. Give them 3 chords, or some lame worn out song like "Stairway to Heaven" and a big boomy git and they think they are a star. I guess it keeps the $'s rolling in. But if it continues in this kind of trend to Larger gits at the expense of cutting out the OO and LS etc. sized gits. Then a lot of folks with money to spare will be spending it at Collings , SCGC , Gallagher , and Martin if you can find one that rings you bell. As well as other small builders.
                I hope Larrivee does continue to make these. I truly believe the 3 wood choices we were given with the cutaway option and the H-bone perfling was a wise choice. These 3 will all sound different. One will be better to strum (MH/IS) another will be full of overtones and lush with resonance (RW/IS).  I'll leave the all hog for Tuffy and Bluesman67 to comment on. Except that all 3 will be fantastic fingerstyle guitars. That's my 100% tail light guarantee.                                 I gotta stop now; let's see 20 days to go till the tour.
           I told y'all I was a little child in an old man's body. You would have to go back 50 years for me to when I was six years old trying so hard to go to sleep,so morning would come and I could open that present, to have the feelings of anticipation that come up in me now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: February 25, 2009, 08:51:45 AM »

She looks sweet alright.  Can't wait to hold her in my arms and see if her voice is as sweet as her looks.

It seems like these are getting real close to completion.  Like I said once before, this is the most excitment I've had since the hogs ate grandma.

T the P

She looks awesome.  The HB and the Hog go really nice together - I think it will look perhaps even better in satin than in full gloss.  I am thrilled you have got to see her at last Tuffy!

really believe Larrivee should consider putting this style guitar in their line up.

NNOOOOOOO, then it wouldn't be unique to the forum guitar.  Agreed that a 14 fret version would slot back into their range perfectly.  Maybe the 12 fret version is better as a limited run, there may be a lesser market for it out there.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: February 25, 2009, 09:22:38 AM »

As Napolean Dynamite would say "Luckyyyy!"

Man...I wish I ordered one of those hog tops with HB...oh wait, I DID! 

mine will be all hog without HB.... simple beauty   bigrin

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: February 25, 2009, 02:28:48 PM »

Wow, those mahogany bodies with those creamy IS tops, I just know I'm going to love this guitar!!!!

Hopefully, I'll be ready to go back into the studio not long after I get it...

Alpione

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: February 25, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »

Woohoo!  Two nice closeups of my IS/Hog cutaway - 108564!

bigrin

Adam
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: February 25, 2009, 03:15:55 PM »

Woohoo!  Two nice closeups of my IS/Hog cutaway - 108564!

bigrin

Adam
  Very cool

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: February 25, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »

Hopefully, I'll be ready to go back into the studio not long after I get it...
Whilst we all await with excitement playing our Forum IIIs, once that wears off we shall await with excitement hearing how the Forum III is supposed to sound.  iTunes password at the ready!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #871 on: February 25, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »

Whilst we all await with excitement playing our Forum IIIs, once that wears off we shall await with excitement hearing how the Forum III is supposed to sound.  iTunes password at the ready!

Absolutely.  Me playing the forum III is like a kid with a learners permit driving a Ferrari.
I'd love to see how it handles with a pro "behind the wheel"  If anyone can demonstrate what the forum III is capable of "in the corners" it's Denis.  (Pardon all the racing analogies)

Tuffythepug
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: February 25, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »

Absolutely.  Me playing the forum III is like a kid with a learners permit driving a Ferrari.
I'd love to see how it handles with a pro "behind the wheel"  If anyone can demonstrate what the forum III is capable of "in the corners" it's Denis.  (Pardon all the racing analogies)

Tuffythepug

Racing analogies aside...thanks for the kindness guys. 

We'll just have to wait and see.  I might go as soon as I get the guitar to make a few videos in the studio where I recorded the CD.  I think I need to record a bunch of covers with vocals and put them up on YouTube and on my MySpace page...

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: February 25, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »

We'll just have to wait and see.  I might go as soon as I get the guitar to make a few videos in the studio where I recorded the CD.  I think I need to record a bunch of covers with vocals and put them up on YouTube and on my MySpace page...

I think you need to as well.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: February 25, 2009, 07:42:07 PM »

You know you guys are getting me all excited to get my Forum III guitar. Nice job! I am normally pretty cool about this kind of stuff. I have to stop reading this page until I get my  new guitar. 
Jim Holler

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: February 25, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »

New photos on Facebook!!!  Great pictures. 

Quick question:  Am I the only one who hasn't seen their serial number (108491) in any of the photos?

I dying to get a glimpse of my guitar...hehehe.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: February 25, 2009, 08:12:40 PM »

New photos on Facebook!!!  Great pictures. 

Quick question:  Am I the only one who hasn't seen their serial number (108491) in any of the photos?

I dying to get a glimpse of my guitar...hehehe.

Jordan.

Jordan,

All I have seen is the neck.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: February 25, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »

T the P

Alright!  You have one of the best pics in the bunch, worth the wait!
 nice guitar

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: February 25, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »

Jordan.

Nope, 108531 here. Ive seen 530, 532, 533, and 534. I'm losing interest.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: February 25, 2009, 09:36:10 PM »

there are new pictures up on facebook! top notch!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jeffrey

Pages: 1 ... 43 [44] 45 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: