Pages: 1 ... 42 [43] 44 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 166977 times)
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: February 22, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »

Ick, Yuck and I live here. Prefer Starbucks, but I'm not normal according to many fellow coffee drinkers I know here.

I second that. I hate turn down our great "Canadian" chain but the coffee hasn't been that good since they changed it. Still it beats the Coffee Time or Dunkin' Donuts. Timmie's donuts are no worse than anyone else's though.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
KY MOOSE

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: February 22, 2009, 04:41:37 PM »

I agree with your sentiments to offer a collective “thank you” from the forum.   I think it’s great, and reminds me of what quality folks can be found here.  Wish I could join the pilgrimage some of you are making, but that journey in itself will be sending a big message from the group, and I thank you for that.
I’m sure we all feel especially thankful, given the level of personal involvement on the part of John L. and all the trades people, not to mention the grade of wood they’ve selected for our order.  (Mary, have you seen the pictures of the mahogany we’re getting?)
Please count me in on the group message, whatever it turns out to be.  The fresh donuts would be a way of reaching all the folks in the factory.  This F III project has come to represent something bigger to everyone than just another order, maybe there’s still time to get a framed message to present during the upcoming visitation?  I would volunteer to help organize that.

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: February 22, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »

I second that. I hate turn down our great "Canadian" chain but the coffee hasn't been that good since they changed it. Still it beats the Coffee Time or Dunkin' Donuts. Timmie's donuts are no worse than anyone else's though.

Chime in and suggest where some quality donuts could be purchased nearby for a reasonable price. Get your suggestions in now!

btw, I'm waiting to get a headcount of workers back from John Larrivee and Jim Holler.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »

could the guys who are traveling from Seattle KrispyKreme??
I know I am not gonna be there.. but I don't think there is a KrispyKreme donut shop in Vancouver..

Jeffrey

vates

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2009, 07:17:05 PM »

Haven't been here for a long time (1,5 months almost)... WOW... Mine is #108545... Cool  

Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: February 22, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »

We can "krispy creme" if there is no trouble at the border. But I would think that some good pastries can be found in Vancouver.

I have not been to a Tim Hortons in many years, sorry to hear that they have changed for the worse.
McDonalds has the best coffee around, it won a taste test over everyone else including S.bucks. And I qualify for the senior price which is only .49-.59 a cup. Some places give it to us free in the early morning hours.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: February 22, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »

I love their donuts! yum

Jeffrey

photomat

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: February 23, 2009, 01:03:43 AM »

could the guys who are traveling from Seattle KrispyKreme??
I know I am not gonna be there.. but I don't think there is a KrispyKreme donut shop in Vancouver..

I will be driving right by one on the way up.  I don't want to mess with the other doughnut coffee plans plans..but someone could always pm or email me and I can pick some up on Monday Morning.

It is funny, I am actually under orders to stop at a Tim horton's and bring back some coffee and timbits for my wife.  She is from Ottawa and misses her Tim Horton's.

Good thing for the NAFTA agreement and the doughnut express!

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: February 23, 2009, 01:16:03 AM »

Why does reading this forum cause weight gain? 

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Bltprf502

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: February 23, 2009, 01:43:44 AM »

Ok, I have stayed away most of the Forum III threads because it was killing me talking about it... I'm sure I've missed plenty of chatter about whats going on...  So, I have questions.

1) Has anyone heard of the expected delivery date on the Forum III guitars?
2) Where did everyone get the pics of the guitar being made?
3) Are we all tired of waiting or what?   I'm excited!

I have gassed so hard ofr some other guits... It has been so hard to tell my self "No more guitars, you have one comming soon!" 

Any intel you guys have would be great!

Thanks,
Rich

A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: February 23, 2009, 01:45:15 AM »

pictures are in the "Pictures" section of the Larrivee forum. There is a sticky thread with the pix.

No ETA yet.

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #851 on: February 23, 2009, 02:02:31 AM »

Ok, I have stayed away most of the Forum III threads because it was killing me talking about it... I'm sure I've missed plenty of chatter about whats going on...  So, I have questions.

1) Has anyone heard of the expected delivery date on the Forum III guitars?
2) Where did everyone get the pics of the guitar being made?
3) Are we all tired of waiting or what?   I'm excited!

I have gassed so hard ofr some other guits... It has been so hard to tell my self "No more guitars, you have one comming soon!" 

Any intel you guys have would be great!

Thanks,
Rich

Here's the latest

Forum III's will be ready to ship on the week of March 16th.   A trip is being planned to tour the Larrivee shop on that day for anyone interested.   
Pictures are being provided by John Larrivee, JCL's son.   He is posting them on facebook.   Forum members are transferring them to the forum guitar pic thread here on the forum.  You can match up your forum guitar # with a serial number and maybe catch a glimplse of it in production.
Yeah, you've missed a lot. !

Tuffythepug
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: February 23, 2009, 02:23:29 AM »

Do we really have time to mail a real card all around to everyone that wants to sign it?  Or is that what was suggested? 

mary

I'm willing to start the card (I'm very sorry if I muscled my way in on lyric girl or someone else's idea...this thread has so many posts, it's hard to keep things straight).

I have 5 addresses emailed to me so far.  PLEASE email name and address to
penngineering at yahoo dot com
  if you want to be on the card.  Please send ASAP, so I can compile the list and get it sent out.  I'm sure that we'll only get a fraction of the folks to sign it, but it will still be a nice gesture.  I'm starting a new post (assuming that many FIII buyers are NOT following this discussion thread).

I think we have time, even if the card doesn't get there by March 16th because of the daisy-chain of mailings, I still think it would be great to have a card with real signatures on it to mount on the bulletin board in their lunch/break room. The tour contingent will apparently be delivering donuts and heartfelt thanks in flesh and blood.  A photo book is also in the works.

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Bltprf502

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: February 23, 2009, 02:19:37 PM »

Here's the latest

Forum III's will be ready to ship on the week of March 16th.   A trip is being planned to tour the Larrivee shop on that day for anyone interested.   
Pictures are being provided by John Larrivee, JCL's son.   He is posting them on facebook.   Forum members are transferring them to the forum guitar pic thread here on the forum.  You can match up your forum guitar # with a serial number and maybe catch a glimplse of it in production.
Yeah, you've missed a lot. !

Tuffythepug

Where are they on face book?  I did a search and didn't find anything.  Thx!

A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: February 23, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »

Try here

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61139122760#

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: February 23, 2009, 02:31:50 PM »

Search on Group = "Larrivée Forum III Guitar"

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: February 23, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »

Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: February 24, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »

Man, there's some sweet pictures of a hogtop with h-bone up now.  NICE!!   
kaos

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: February 24, 2009, 08:52:17 PM »

Man, there's some sweet pictures of a hogtop with h-bone up now.  NICE!!  

I think that would be Pugs Guitar!  It is a beauty.

mary

blush
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #859 on: February 24, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »

Yessssssssssssssssssss !  The serial number matches up with mine.    Do you believe in love at first sight. ?

She looks sweet alright.  Can't wait to hold her in my arms and see if her voice is as sweet as her looks.

It seems like these are getting real close to completion.  Like I said once before, this is the most excitment I've had since the hogs ate grandma.

T the P
Pages: 1 ... 42 [43] 44 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: