Pages: 1 ... 39 [40] 41 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 167704 times)
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: February 20, 2009, 07:00:43 AM »

Is this for real? That would be something really special.

This RW body with the RED #'s must be something special. That doesn't look like EIR to me.
Yes it means something but maybe not that special. A different person wrote the number and happened to have a red marker on his bench. Look at the way the 2 is written as the most obvious indication that a different person marked that one.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: February 20, 2009, 09:13:47 AM »

Is this for real? That would be something really special.

This RW body with the RED #'s must be something special. That doesn't look like EIR to me.

108552 is not attributed to any forum order - have they perhaps chosen the choicest of wood for the Larrivee factory 'keeper' or show guitar for some reason.  It is stunning, and John Larrivee comments on it in the captions too.  I am sure it is EIRW, but a beautifully grained piece.

I wonder what the *'s mean..

From reading through the pictures in order, and the comments, I had assumed the * was added at the dovetail fitting stage to confirm that the dovetail and neck angle were finished.  The comments say that the neck and the body part company until later on in the process.  It was at that stage that the * appeared.

I am just speculating, but thought I'd share it nevertheless.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
kaos

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: February 20, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »

This is the first glimpse of what I think will be mine....the hogtop cutaway models seem to be pulling up the rear....

They are saving the best for last.....

mary

blush
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: February 20, 2009, 03:24:54 PM »

They are saving the best for last.....

mary
  Mary, I just noticed that you have "my" dream line up of Larrivee guitars. Very nice collection, how long have you had these?

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: February 20, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »

Those that want clear pickguards may want to make sure Jim Holler has your preference.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: February 20, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »

Yes it means something but maybe not that special. A different person wrote the number and happened to have a red marker on his bench. Look at the way the 2 is written as the most obvious indication that a different person marked that one.

I didn't realize how many forensic scientists we had in this forum!  bigrin  I see that the OCD is out in full force as the delivery date looms...

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: February 20, 2009, 04:05:53 PM »

We are having a bit of fun with this aren't we 

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #787 on: February 20, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »

I didn't realize how many forensic scientists we had in this forum!  bigrin  I see that the OCD is out in full force as the delivery date looms...

Watch for the new series this fall.........CSI Vancouver    bigrin
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: February 20, 2009, 04:13:35 PM »

GSI - Guitar Scene Investigator -  I like it -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: February 20, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »

some more pics are on facebook. copying them over.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #790 on: February 20, 2009, 06:55:18 PM »

some more pics are on facebook. copying them over.

Atta boy.  Keep 'em comin' !
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: February 20, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »

Still no sign of my all Hog FIII (108491)....

But...

The pictures are AMAZING...and John explains why the red marker vs. the blue and what the * means...hehehehe.

THANKS JOHN!!!  You guys are great. 

I'm actually going to put all the photos into a hardcover photo book using Apple's iPhoto software along with the captions, etc.  I'll post a link once I'm done if anyone is interested.  it will be a really nice compliment to my Forum III guitar.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: February 20, 2009, 08:38:40 PM »

Hey Jordan, I think I'm #490.  Since we're so close, f I see anything I'll give you a shout!  bigrin

Man, does that IS with the H-bone look SWEET!!  Man, that's going to look nice on the hog guitars, too.
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: February 20, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »

Hey Jordan, I think I'm #490.  Since we're so close, f I see anything I'll give you a shout!  bigrin

Man, does that IS with the H-bone look SWEET!!  Man, that's going to look nice on the hog guitars, too.

Thanks!!  I can't wait to see a close up of the herringbone edge purfing on an all hog top FIII.  I agree...the IS with the H-bone looks fantastic.  It really makes these guitar look special and was well worth the extra $.  I'm sure we will see both of our serial numbers soon.  John is just saving the best for the last 

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
kaos

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: February 20, 2009, 09:35:49 PM »

I haven't been paying attention to the Vancouver thread, so this may have already been suggested, but maybe we could get some kind of thank you card for the people going to Vancouver to give to the Larrivee crew for all the photos and work on our forum guitars.  Maybe a separate thread where we could each write something to "sign" the card, that could then be printed and sent with the card?

Also, Danny, all the guitars listed in my signature were bought used.  This forum 3 will be my first brand new guitar (although the LSV-11 was practically brand new, I bought it here from a member last year).

mary

blush
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: February 20, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »

Three pictures of my neck today!!! It looks like mine will be in the first batch to be finished!

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: February 20, 2009, 09:44:16 PM »

I haven't been paying attention to the Vancouver thread, so this may have already been suggested, but maybe we could get some kind of thank you card for the people going to Vancouver to give to the Larrivee crew for all the photos and work on our forum guitars.  Maybe a separate thread where we could each write something to "sign" the card, that could then be printed and sent with the card?

Also, Danny, all the guitars listed in my signature were bought used.  This forum 3 will be my first brand new guitar (although the LSV-11 was practically brand new, I bought it here from a member last year).

mary

That is a terrific idea Mary! I would love to be a part of that. We'll need a booklet or something. Maybe we can each submit a photo of ourselves and/or our favorite Larrivee and put our message on the back of it. You'd have a 78 page booklet by the time it was done. QOOP or a local print shop should be able to set this up: http://www.qoop.com/?tab=products

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: February 20, 2009, 09:55:17 PM »

Three pictures of my neck today!!! It looks like mine will be in the first batch to be finished!

Yeah mine was there too - really exciting now.  It is going so fast it is hard to think it will still be 4-5 weeks until I get it (I am maybe being optomistic there - i have no idea how long it takes to ship a guitar to the UK??).

maybe we could get some kind of thank you card for the people going to Vancouver to give to the Larrivee crew for all the photos and work on our forum guitars.  Maybe a separate thread where we could each write something to "sign" the card, that could then be printed and sent with the card?
mary

Liking that idea Mary, count me in, and shout if I can help at all.  I very much doubt we would get 78 though Adam.  30 would be more likely if you consider the people who are still taking part in these discussions.  Be a really decent thing to do though.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: February 20, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »

John Larrivee Jr has asked us not to copy the pictures or captions from facebook until he finishes checking them and the associated comments. I've asked John to write a message on facebook when the day's pictures are ready for prime time.

I'll post this in the pictures thread also.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: February 20, 2009, 11:39:40 PM »

These latest pics are fantastic. Very soon now we should start seeing some bodies with finish on them and then completed F-III'S.   Buckle up, the ride is getting very interesting now.

Pages: 1 ... 39 [40] 41 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: