Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on February 14, 2009, 07:46:33 PM
  Matt I have been practicing more and within a month or so I'll put some up. I never have recorded though so I need to get a setup.
            My wife likes the way I play, but I explain to her that good guitar players will hear a lot of mistakes and I want to work on that first. (timing, finger roll etc.)

Finger roll?  Is that something you eat between songs?
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

36 pager WOW.  I have not had the time to follow this one but here is a question for you guys. How many pages in total are there about the Forum III guitar counting all the threads?
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

I don't know but its a bunch, lots of people with time on their hands, its nice to see such enthusiasm, by the way that is one really cool hat :thumb   :donut :coffee

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on February 15, 2009, 02:45:15 PM
36 pager WOW.  I have not had the time to follow this one but here is a question for you guys. How many pages in total are there about the Forum III guitar counting all the threads?
165 with the original post by ricky and two polls plus the two discussion threads. Add up all the spin offs from there and the tour etc, at least 200 pages.

Quote from: aardvark on February 16, 2009, 04:47:36 PM
I don't know but its a bunch, lots of people with time on their hands, its nice to see such enthusiasm, by the way that is one really cool hat :thumb   :donut :coffee

Now that you mentioned it... we might as well post a pic here... ricky

[attachment deleted by admin]

and another...

What has happened to the Facebook site? - all the wall posts are there, but no photos at all and John Larrivee is no longer admin person.  I hope it wasn't abused by idiots like happens to most things on the internet and pulled as a result.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Sorry, it is is working again now, I was too hasty as usual!

:bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin:

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on February 17, 2009, 04:55:24 AM
What has happened to the Facebook site? - all the wall posts are there, but no photos at all and John Larrivee is no longer admin person.  I hope it wasn't abused by idiots like happens to most things on the internet and pulled as a result.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Sorry, it is is working again now, I was too hasty as usual!

:bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin:

Facebook does this from time to time. Millions of people connecting to the people they didn't actually like in High School has a huge drag on the server. Not to worry.
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: limnephilidae on February 17, 2009, 06:32:09 AM
Facebook does this from time to time. Millions of people connecting to the people they didn't actually like in High School has a huge drag on the server. Not to worry.
:laughin:  that sums it up perfectly!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

New Facebook comment from John Larrivee.

Feb-17
The first batch of guitars are now well on there way and deep into production. Necks are fitted, fingerboards are glued and bodies are getting sanded in preparation for paint department. Everyone at Larrivée is just as enthusiastic(well maybe not as some of you, lol!) to see these sweet guitars going through and being documented. It's fun for everyone and really helps make all those involved part of a much greater picture.

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

That post is one that should be in the front of any scrapbook on the F-III

Quote from: GeeNorm on February 17, 2009, 11:39:54 AM
New Facebook comment from John Larrivee.

Feb-17
The first batch of guitars are now well on there way and deep into production. Necks are fitted, fingerboards are glued and bodies are getting sanded in preparation for paint department. Everyone at Larrivée is just as enthusiastic(well maybe not as some of you, lol!) to see these sweet guitars going through and being documented. It's fun for everyone and really helps make all those involved part of a much greater picture.

Very nice!  But what is the "paint" department?  Is that where mahogany is painted dark with stripes and called sapele or rosewood?   :wink:
Play it daily for best results.

Paint dept. is next to the "Bleaching Area"  where thay take the sitka spruce and bleach it whiter to pass it off as "Alpine Spruce"    :roll

Sorry, I couldn't resist after some of the comments made about mahogany earlier. :bgrin:

T the P

... where the plywood acquires its spider webbing and sapwood.
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

JCL and Matthew referred to the varnish spray areas as "paint" and it took me awhile to realize they were just speaking of spraying the gits with polyester.
      I guess they must use some tint on the hog and RW though , don't they? Does anyone know the scoop on this.

Danny- my OM-05 has a gloss finish, but no tint that I can tell. They might tint the -03 series hog, but I haven't seen one. Only time will tell !
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

The reason I ask is, one time I sanded too far down into the Finish on one of my Larrivees and the color would't match back up when I re-finished the area. I think I may have "burnt" the wood there though. At least it was a tiny spot. I think I used a little universal tint to match up before I re-did it the last time.

There are new pictures on facebook!!!!!

here is my baby

Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on February 17, 2009, 02:29:24 PM
There are new pictures on facebook!!!!!

You copying them accross tonight Jeff or will I do it?  There are no comments yet, bu they can be copied later
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5