Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: BenF on February 12, 2009, 08:33:53 AM
pesos, like the ones her guitar is being stuffed with.

In that case, I'll send her a quarter coin in USD... hey, that's more than a hundred pesos where I come from.  :roll

ricky

Quote from: BenF on February 12, 2009, 08:28:18 AM
Ricky, not yet, but the pic of the (only) three VS-03s sides, to the best of my knowledge, have consecutive serial numbers, so I assume from that that the highest one would be yours, being #78.  I hope it is for you, because it is the most beautifully coloured piece of EIRW I have laid my eyes on.  Really light streaks through it.  I have had my fingers crossed that this hunch is correct for days now!

Ben, I looked at the 3 VS... from what I can make out of the pic, from left to right   108567, 108569, 108569 === following your theory, the middle one would be mine?

It's got light streaks...cool - though I'm more used to the dark tight rosewood typical of most 03r I've seen.  I've seen lighter ones in the 09r ==> have I got 09 grade?

Hmmmm... I see why looking at build pics is therapeutic (read "GAS reliever").

ricky

I would expect the rosewood in the 09 series to be much more uniform in color...
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on February 12, 2009, 09:02:17 AM
I would expect the rosewood in the 09 series to be much more uniform in color...

And dark
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Personally, since I was the one with the 666 problem  :smile:, I think the money should be sent to me and in US dollars would be very nice.  :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

you are right of course, but the light streaks sure look nice!!!  Another thread contained an interesting article on guitar making, and suggested that RW is the most consistant of all tonewoods, so perhaps differences in colour matter less than in other woods?  I am rubbish at playing, and am unlikely to ever push the boundaries of a guitars tonal ability, so looks matter to me!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 12, 2009, 09:08:58 AM
Personally, since I was the one with the 666 problem  :smile:, I think the money should be sent to me and in US dollars would be very nice.  :roll

I just passed 777 posts, therefore mine will be perfection!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 12, 2009, 09:08:58 AM

Here you go. Keep the change!

Norman

[attachment deleted by admin]
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Thank you, Ben. Now I don't need to be pinched to see if it is real.

Norman
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: GeeNorm on February 12, 2009, 01:52:15 PM

Norman

Now you have to search all the pics to see if you can find it!!!!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

after seeing the pics form production, the jealousy has certainly set in.  :drool:

i hope seeing green like this wont affect how the sunburst looks on my D-50
Larrivee D-50 total sunburst
Larrivee D-03r
Gibson Custom Shop Advance Jumbo Gold
Gibson SG Classic
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull S6+GT
Art&Lutherie 12 String
Epiphone M-20 Mandolin
1960/61 Supro Lap Steel
Squier P-Bass

Norman

If I can only find mine. But that would be like knowing the gender of the baby while still in the tummy? Or kinda more like the ultrasound thingy.

Ok... that's quite a stretch.  :humour:

ricky

Norman
Heh Norm did you copy me, with the sig. line, or do we really think that much alike? And did you notice our numbers are in sequence? Lot's of "weird" stuff with Numbers the last few days.

Danny,

I did see yours first, but I might have done it anyway. I've been looking for this info on a regular basis. Ben scooped me in. I like having serial numbers in sequence with yours, Danny. I hope our guitars make beautiful matching bookends. It will be worth my drive to Austin to create that photo op.

Ricky,

My last hopes of making it to Vancouver are fading rapidly. Tell me more about your April activity calendar. Maybe you need a guest musician??

Norman
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: GeeNorm on February 12, 2009, 05:26:09 PM
My last hopes of making it to Vancouver are fading rapidly. Tell me more about your April activity calendar. Maybe you need a guest musician??
Norman

I'll email you.  Guest musician? That would be Sooooweet.

ricky

Hey all...

Did we ever figure anything out regarding clear pickguards for these satin guitars?  I know many will go without, but I'd like to get one.  Doesn't sound like Larrivee has any left.  

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks..

Adam

Quote from: Alpione on February 12, 2009, 06:32:39 PM
Hey all...

Did we ever figure anything out regarding clear pickguards for these satin guitars?  I know many will go without, but I'd like to get one.  Doesn't sound like Larrivee has any left.  

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks..

Adam

Adam,

Clear pickguards were not an option.

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 12, 2009, 06:37:43 PM
Adam,

Clear pickguards were not an option.

Right - which is why I'm asking for suggestions for an aftermarket solution.   :winkin:

Earlier in the mega-thread about this process, Jim Holler reportedly checked with Larrivee to see if they had any of the old clear guards lying around, but they didn't.  I never saw a post mentioning any alternatives, so I'm asking here...

While Larrivee doesn't have any I seem to recall Jim at Trinity Guitars saying he was trying to locate suitable material. So it is another thing to wait for but something to hope for.

Your memory may vary from mine, I didn't go back to read Jim Holler's post.

Norman
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: Alpione on February 12, 2009, 06:41:43 PM
Right - which is why I'm asking for suggestions for an aftermarket solution.   :winkin:

Earlier in the mega-thread about this process, Jim Holler reportedly checked with Larrivee to see if they had any of the old clear guards lying around, but they didn't.  I never saw a post mentioning any alternatives, so I'm asking here...

Sorry