Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Some new pictures are up, including one with some serial numbers for those keeping track of what is what..  :bgrin:
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

:nana_guitar
WOOOHOOOO!!!  I just saw the serial #108541, (a rosewood LH back from the 1st set of pics), just saw this serial # on the most resent loglist pic and Forum Guitar #2 is written on it's line.  THAT'S ME!!!  It's confirmed, I believe I may be the first to get a confirmation of some sort of my serial # and that it's in the 1st batch!!!!!!!
:bgrin:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

VERY EXCITING!

Congrats, bluesman67. I would SO like to see that full spreadsheet!

I know my number 9 is in progress but have no idea about its serial number. It is clear that serial number sequence and FG III order number sequence are not the same. I visit Facebook every hour or so to look for new pictures.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Thanks Norman!  Hopefully more clues and pics will be surfacing.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

No signs of MT guitars yet though  :?
Jeffrey

Not to worry, they just run a hole saw through a mahogany back -

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

I thought they just kicked a hole in the wood that wasn't good enough to be a back.  A hole saw, that's refined.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: es-335 on February 09, 2009, 03:21:10 PM
No signs of MT guitars yet though  :?

Where's #3 ????
Yeah, I've been looking for any hint of the hog tops in the pictures and I haven't seen anything yet.
It's driving me crazy to be #3 and not see any reference to a left-handed hog top at all.  And seeing the photos of the build list in bits and pieces just adds to the frustration.  Why can't they just take a pic showing the whole darned list so we can all relax ?   :bgrin:
Joseph, I'm glad yours is in there.   Wish I could see some hint of mine too.

Tuffythepug

Quote from: strawintogold on February 09, 2009, 04:24:45 PM
I thought they just kicked a hole in the wood that wasn't good enough to be a back. 

That's the key to getting that broken in sound. They charge extra for that.

mine is 108549, second from the bottom of the pic with the stack of RW sides drying. It is so exciting to be able to identify it! Anyone else spotted a pic of theirs yet?

That Italian spruce looks fantastic too. I really can't wait now.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

I am patiently waiting............  :guitar

My wife and I are having our V-day date tonight... feb 9th. was our original wedding date until it got postponed due to some issues :)
anyhow.. I am not gonna think about my guitar on the date... well.... at least I'll try.......... :roll
Jeffrey

I'm curious as to what the "ZZ" means. Other than bearded guys with extremely limited dance moves that consist of gesturing in unison.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

This is just a request to whoever is taking the pics.
Please post a pic of the entire build list so some of us can rest assured we haven't been overlooked and we'll know what ser. #s to look for in the rest of the pics.
Thanks
Tuffythepug

Lynda is 108544 and Adam is 108548. Safricanplayer is 108553. Adam's is at the top of the stack I saw mine in. Really dark RW-nice!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

I'm #47 on Jim's list, but I'm still looking. I'm mainly seeing R/W being worked on, with some HOG. Anybody help ?
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: jeremy3220 on February 09, 2009, 04:34:31 PM
That's the key to getting that broken in sound. They charge extra for that.
I told you there would be some "special" attention paid to these gits.

Jeremy forgot to mention the part where they drag the MT guitars behind a truck on a gravel road. The vibrations really opens up the sound and it's much more cost worthy than the Recital Box.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Holly,

I thought the best way to open up a guitar was to put it on a floor stand in front of some large speakers and then crank up the volume to Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney!

Or in your case, just play the blazes out of it.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

As Ben said I'm 108544, but no pics of mine yet.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: GeeNorm on February 09, 2009, 05:45:31 PM
Holly,

I thought the best way to open up a guitar was to put it on a floor stand in front of some large speakers and then crank up the volume to Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney!

Or in your case, just play the blazes out of it.

Norman

You could do both and watch the guitar explode. Or me, that could be entertaining as well.

When it gets here I am going to have to sell a guitar. I just can't justify having as many as I have, it's a little silly considering my skill level.

holly

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.