Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Denis on February 07, 2009, 11:16:38 AM
Looks like they're making the rosewood and all mahogany guitars first???   Is it me or did someone see any hog/IS at all??

Looked to me like the first twelve were Hog/IS with Herringbone.  LS-03 M H

This looks like Hog/IS

[attachment deleted by admin]
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Denis on February 07, 2009, 11:16:38 AM
Looks like they're making the rosewood and all mahogany guitars first???   Is it me or did someone see any hog/IS at all??
Yeah, one set of pics shows the IS top being glued onto hog sides.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

i think the range of color is interesting...

Which one do you prefer? The ore more solid/darker or streaky with lighter stripes?

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on February 07, 2009, 11:21:21 AM
Looked to me like the first twelve were Hog/IS with Herringbone.  LS-03 M H

This looks like Hog/IS

I stand corrected....and now, I want mine!!!

Quote from: Dotneck on February 07, 2009, 11:38:11 AM
i think the range of color is interesting...

Which one do you prefer? The ore more solid/darker or streaky with lighter stripes?

Them all please.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

The variation in color is interesting. Love them all. I'm getting an IS/HOGHB though. It was a hard decision to make; smaller body, rosewood ? I talked to Dave Wren, played my OM-05, & went with the HOG. Love the sound of it.
Nice book-matching on the sides you can see both !
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

They do look beautiful, kinda makes me wish I had gotten Rosewood...................................or both  :ohmy:
Roger

There is one in the VS-03R picture that has amazing colour variation.  Wish I was getting a cutaway, then it might be mine.

Also, some of the fretboards look like they are quite stripey, I like that.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

I wonder if Larrivee will use any cool looking mahogany(quilted mahogany) :whistling:
Jeffrey

Its actually kind of interesting...what would have been rated as defective or inferior product year ago is now happily accepted or even preferred. Rosewood used to need to be dark and straight grained...ebony was a uniform black color (or else it was dyed to make it appear so).....even satin finishes are preferred to gloss. I also think some color striation is interesting in ebony fretboards but I still like the dark rosewood...I guess paradigms change over time (and due to necessity).

Not to worry about it though...I ordered 'hog!
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I am quite interested in it looking very nice, because it doesn't matter how superior the wood is, I'll still be pathetic at playing it!!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: BenF on February 07, 2009, 01:34:07 PM
I'll still be pathetic at playing it!!

You and me too, bud!
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

What?! I thought all anyone needed to be a great guitar player was an awesome guitar.

Damn.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on February 07, 2009, 01:59:47 PM
What?! I thought all anyone needed to be a great guitar player was an awesome guitar.

Damn.

holly

And talent................unfortunately
Roger

Thanks so much for posting the pictures.  What a treat being able to see our guitars being built.  I am really looking forward to this guitar!  Thank you again_ I live in  South Carolina_ and I think the pictures is as close as I will get to actually seeing the process.  THANK YOU THANK YOU :cheers

Really...thanks so much. 

Can you keep the chalk on mine, please?

Quote from: BenF on February 07, 2009, 01:34:07 PM
I am quite interested in it looking very nice, because it doesn't matter how superior the wood is, I'll still be pathetic at playing it!!
Quote from: Dotneck on February 07, 2009, 01:57:09 PM
You and me too, bud!
Me three... I am probably going to be at the Vancouver tour and you know there is a real good chance mine will be playable by then. So I better get some practice time in, a lot.

Quote from: Dotneck on February 07, 2009, 01:29:22 PM
Its actually kind of interesting...what would have been rated as defective or inferior product year ago is now happily accepted or even preferred. Rosewood used to need to be dark and straight grained...ebony was a uniform black color (or else it was dyed to make it appear so).....even satin finishes are preferred to gloss. I also think some color striation is interesting in ebony fretboards but I still like the dark rosewood...I guess paradigms change over time (and due to necessity).

Not to worry about it though...I ordered 'hog!
From what I'm seeing in these pictures I think we are in for a real BIG TIME treat with these guitars. If anyone is dissatisfied with theirs I know it will sell like hot cakes.
                    I like the variety I'm seeing in the RW, that means each one will be unique, I just think this is one cool git we have being made.
                   Thanks for all the pics and Info.
              Keep on analyzing Roger... It made for a good discussion, and besides it doesn't hurt anything to speculate a little.
                                                            YIPEE or as ricky says YE PEE  :roll

I can't fingerpick because I play upside-down & haven't taken the time to figure it out (can flatpick things fairly well), but you guys have to give yourselves more credit than you are. Can't tell if people are just being modest here, comparing themselves to fantastic players (I'm not!), or what. I'm sure you all play just fine & are being modest. Whatever, give yourselves credit just for playing ! :+1:
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true