Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V stands for VICTORY....    and Venation cut a way.  Though I imagine they will still call them LSV-03 etc.  The LSV-11 was not the only LSV's made before now btw. There have been LSV-05's for sure and maybe some others.
           Danny

Hey Danny,

Are you on graveyard shift... doing the all-night watch over the Forum.

Good night.  3:07 Mountain Time.

Must look for cheap flights to Vancouver.  It's so cool to see our guitars being built.   
Let me know, if you want me to show you around Vancouver but you mentioned you have many friends there who may be able to do the same.

ricky

Quote from: dependan on February 07, 2009, 02:52:49 AM
            Big Brother is watching us....
:laughin:it's funny because it's probably true danny.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: dependan on February 07, 2009, 01:48:22 AM
   Has any body seen an earlier S/N than this one?
Serial No.      Model No.

108508      LS03MH

Matt, those are all the numbers I have been able to actually see on the sides/fronts so far.

I have a feeling it may be my git.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 07, 2009, 07:26:38 AM
Matt, those are all the numbers I have been able to actually see on the sides/fronts so far.
Heh Linda, it's nice to be mixed up with Matt (flatlander)
                             And I am on the road ricky, headin back to Austin. I never sleep much on the road.
                          Linda I am tryin to go to Vancouver for the tour.
                                                                  Danny

ricky, wouldn't it be cheaper to drive??  :bgrin:
Jeffrey

They should be able to give us the first serial number of the run and let us know if they are building them in Forum number order.

In other words, lets say 108508 is the first of the run. Does that mean that would be Forum III #1 of 78?
And would 108509 be Forum III #2 of 78?

If that is the case then all we would need to know is the serial # of the first one.  

Now that wouldn't necessarily mean they are building them in numerical order, just that the serial numbers would be in numerical order in relation to the order list.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: dependan on February 07, 2009, 08:45:59 AM
Heh Linda, it's nice to be mixed up with Matt (flatlander)
                             And I am on the road ricky, headin back to Austin. I never sleep much on the road.
                          Linda I am tryin to go to Vancouver for the tour.
                                                                  Danny

Danny,

So sorry. I'm very brain dead right now.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

they could easily be building all 78 in one run. There seems to be quite a spread of SNs. Anyone checked how far apart the highest and lowest pictures are?
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: BenF on February 07, 2009, 09:15:37 AM
they could easily be building all 78 in one run. There seems to be quite a spread of SNs. Anyone checked how far apart the highest and lowest pictures are?
You may be right, sure are a lot of them.

Quote from: dependan on February 07, 2009, 09:16:47 AM
                      You may be right, sure are a lot of them.

The lowest pictured is 508, and the highest is 568 I think. I would be surprised if they were making 61 and not the other 17!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: flatlander on February 07, 2009, 02:43:28 AM
For your entertainment and puking pleasure...to help pass the time. Holly may have a stroke or just lay on the floor quivering
for a month or so. Good news is that when she comes out of it, her guitar will be done. In fact it may have darkened.

real deal mescal label (worm)

No Bombs  Sun studios

I understand this case has been replaced and reitred..to the dump.

Can't get up.....getting dark....

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: BenF on February 07, 2009, 09:15:37 AM
they could easily be building all 78 in one run. There seems to be quite a spread of SNs.

I'm sure they are but that doesn't mean they are building them in sequential order
Roger

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on February 07, 2009, 09:26:06 AM
I'm sure they are but that doesn't mean they are building them in sequential order
Yep.   Well y'all have a good one, I'm on the road again.
                                             Danny

Quote from: dependan on February 07, 2009, 09:29:05 AM
  Yep.   Well y'all have a good one, I'm on the road again.
                                             Danny

Suuure, we all know you are sneaking up to the factory as we speak...

Jean "Well, hello Danny!"

Danny "I was just in the nieghborhood. You know, since I'm here and all, you could just make my guitar now and I'll take it back with me. Just to lighten your load, of course"

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on February 07, 2009, 08:51:07 AM
They should be able to give us the first serial number of the run and let us know if they are building them in Forum number order.

In other words, lets say 108508 is the first of the run. Does that mean that would be Forum III #1 of 78?
And would 108509 be Forum III #2 of 78?

If that is the case then all we would need to know is the serial # of the first one.  

Now that wouldn't necessarily mean they are building them in numerical order, just that the serial numbers would be in numerical order in relation to the order list.

I think you guys are over analyzing this issue...

I remember a discussion about the first forum guitars with  DaySailor...he has SN#77281,  #14 of 17....  I've got serial number 77410...mine is #7 of 17.

I wouldn't place large bets that the guitars are going to come out in any particular sequence....

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

If I remember correctly, on the F1 guitars the serial #'s had a much bigger range than the 17 guitars that were in that run.  My Charlotte is 77525, anyone out there with F1 guitars...what's your serial #?  Oh, just missed Dotneck's post...mine is #16 of 17 btw.  So there you have it, the serial numbers are meaningless...except that they are unique.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

All of these considered and valid points have been taken on board. I totally understand. Now can you all delete your posts so that I can hold onto the pathetic illusion that my giutar will be in the first batch! :humour:

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Looks like they're making the rosewood and all mahogany guitars first???   Is it me or did someone see any hog/IS at all??

All I said was "They should be able to give us the first serial number of the run and let us know if they are building them in Forum number order."

I don't think that is over analyzing anything, it's just a simple point that they should be able to answer.

And with all due respect this is not a small order of 17 guitars, this is a huge order of 78 with lots of variables.

I have no idea how they are doing it, hence my first statement. But just because they built Forum 1 a certain way doesn't mean these will be done the same.
Roger