Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam,

You're just a puppy! Get over it already  :humour:
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on February 05, 2009, 05:21:07 PM
holly, you really are going to be an old biddy one day aren't you?

I've been practicing since I was like, twelve.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

It's a good thing you don't charge for the laughs you give out here on the forum or we would all be broke and you would have all the toys.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

That's a very nice thing to say, thank you. (slowly putting cane away for later)

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Damn, are the forum III's not in yet??? :winkin:
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

Ben- I did'nt take it personally. I was just making a joke. I got caught up in the feeding frenzy @ the moment. My nerves are much better since I got back from my accountant. I, too, should have known better than jumping the gun on the photos. :bgrin:
And to all of those worrying about age, it's just part of life. It just gets better as you get older. I think. Maybe not. Oh, to be 30 again !
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Age is just a state of mind.  :cheers However, that being said, I seem to have stopped counting at 42 and that will have been 5 years ago come this July  :?

I can vouch for 30 feeling very similar to 29.  It isn't a big deal.  I'm still me.  Although my wife reminds me about 300 times a day that she is still 29 (until August ha ha ha)
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on February 05, 2009, 05:58:06 PM
I can vouch for 30 feeling very similar to 29.  It isn't a big deal.  I'm still me.  Although my wife reminds me about 300 times a day that she is still 29 (until August ha ha ha)

Hmmmppppffff.......30 ain't bad....just wait until you start having parts quit working...and the parts that do work hurt when you sue them...then you'll know about getting old.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

This isnt the 'facebook forum guitar'.

Is there any way that all the pictures of the "Larrivée Forum III Guitars" can be posted on the Larrivée Guitar Forum?

ds   :wacko:
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Quote from: Daysailer on February 05, 2009, 07:41:13 PM

Is there any way that all the pictures of the "Larrivée Forum III Guitars" can be posted on the Larrivée Guitar Forum?

ds   :wacko:

I think that may end up being a ton of pics. There were 29 today alone.

Quote from: Daysailer on February 05, 2009, 07:41:13 PM

ds   :wacko:

I thought the same thing...I guess from a marketing point of view...they have the potential to get more views over there....putting the pix here is kind of like preaching to the choir....

But we may need to rethink the text on the label now....in light of the facebook collaboration.
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 05, 2009, 07:53:09 PM

That doesn't really matter....they are being hosted on another server anyway...those are just links on facebook...randy was going to post links here anyway...
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 05, 2009, 07:53:09 PM

I'd sure like to see the 23 photos of the Forum guitar build that are not on the fourm, on the forum.   

Facebook........bah humbug!    :yak:
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk

Quote from: Daysailer on February 05, 2009, 08:36:34 PM
I'd sure like to see the 23 photos of the Forum guitar build that are not on the fourm, on the forum.   

Facebook........bah humbug!    :yak:

Wasn't yours mahogany/spruce?  I think I saw yours among the facebook pix.....

:roll :roll :roll

Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I have decided to create a spreadsheet (mostly because I'm extremely anal retentive and can't stand scrolling through all the pics time and again, sorry DS), that chronicles all guitars seen in the photos. I will update it daily as needed. Did we ever figure out if the VS belongs to this group or not? I imagine by that number that it doesn't.

Serial No.      Model No.

108508      LS03MH
108520      LS03MH
108521      LS03MH
108522      LS03MH
108524      LS03MH
108527      LS03MH
108532      LS03MH
108541      LS03R (LH)
108568      LS-03R

Thanks, Lynda.

Enquiring minds want to know ...

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: Dotneck on February 05, 2009, 08:29:37 PM
I thought the same thing...I guess from a marketing point of view...they have the potential to get more views over there....putting the pix here is kind of like preaching to the choir....

But we may need to rethink the text on the label now....in light of the facebook collaboration.

At first reading, Good point about Marketing.
Second thought....  This is a presold limited run of guitars that wont be sold new to anyone who would be influnced by marketing.
The F-III's that will be photographed already belong to someone.   US, as in we the Larrivee forumites.

Please post all possible photos of the Larrivée Forum III Guitar here on the Larrivée Forum.  

Thank-you......ds
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk

Yes that is true, but let's not forget that it is Mr. Larrivee that has put this on Facebook and not one of us. Therefore, we have no control. That being said, I understand your point.

Quote from: Daysailer on February 05, 2009, 08:49:16 PM
At first reading, Good point about Marketing.
Second thought....  This is a presold limited run of guitars that wont be sold new to anyone who would be influnced by marketing.
The F-III's that will be photographed already belong to someone.   US, as in we the Larrivee forumites.

Please post all possible photos of the Larrivée Forum III Guitar here on the Larrivée Forum.  

Thank-you......ds

regarding marketing....they don't need to sell these specific guitars...but just some do some general branding (for free)...get people to see what they are doing...at that others are interested enough to order special models....so when somebody goes into a shop to buy a guitar for themselves or their kid....Larrivee is not a strange unknown name. They may remember specifically and go looking for a Larrivee...or feel less resistance to buying an unknown brand if they remember the name.

regarding posting the photos on here. My post was just a teaser. Randy has a thread going in the "Photos" section and he said he was going to post the pix here as well...
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1