Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: flatlander on January 28, 2009, 12:30:47 PM
:roll
I've got a song, which I hope to record soon, about how people seem to get crazier as they get older instead of getting it together. It has this line in it.

"pretty bad when you think that I'm the sane one, when I KNOW I'm just another clown"

Hey Flatlander-  Not trying to muscle my way into your song or anything...but one of my buddies has a great theory that as we get older, our personalities are 'distilled'.  All the normal stuff gets evaporated and all the idiosynchrasies are condensed into a high proof whacko!
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Okay...here's mine!  I planned to record it Friday afternoon, THEN you'll hear how bad I really am.  For you youngens out there, here's the original Little Feat reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKnVBzxmhcw

Waitin (adapted from Willin)

My top's warped from the dry, the action is low
There's a better one out there dontcha know...and I'm still...waitin'

On the forum late one night, saw a post with a thousand replies
A post...caught my eye

I've been from rosewood to koa, ovangkol to silver oak
Nearly every kind of Larrivee that's ever been made
Every one was a pleasure to play
But if you give me Italian spruce or hog
I'll be out of this fog
That's why I'm waiting...for the Forum 3

They fought over specs night after night
But came to agreement from the left and the right
And now...they're waitin

I couldn't afford it, and sat on the fence
But to not make an order just didn't make sense
And now... I'm waitin

Orders came from New York and the Carolinas...Scotland and Winnepeg
Now 78 Forums are going to get made
Mine just happens to be number 58
Just give me an L...S3...M...T
With Herringbone purfling
It's worth waiting...Thanks Ricky!

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Here we go! :+1:  I'm sure you guys will figure a way to get it recorded. :nana_guitar
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

So cool... pennerblue...

Now this wait thread is flowing with art & talent.

ricky

pennerblue- I put the words to the music in my head, trying to stretch some words, shorten others. Great lyrics that fit a hard song to put words to. With you & Matt (& others), this might turn into a really fun & interesting trend for this thread. Again, nice job ! :thumb
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

you guys are so talented! Bravo!   :thumb
Jeffrey

Now Im waiting... to see if there is a cancellation!!! Guess there is a waiting list to wait   :winkin:

Oh how I long to be one of the waiters

Not waiting on just any old thing
A roswood and spruce with not lots of bling

Thats is just what it has gotta'  be
Dont know if Ill get one, poor little ol' me

Wish me luck !
Sherry
Martin 00-28VS Custom "Rosaleen"
Larrivee' P-03MT "Petunia"

Sherry
Sorry you didn't get in on this.   A mass e-mail was sent out prior to taking orders.  I thought everyone was supposed to be contacted so nobody would miss out.   Darn,  this would be perfect for you.  I know you like the smaller- bodied guitars.  It would be a nice complement to your parlor.  I hope you can get in at some point.    Also, I have a hunch that, with 78 guitars being built, there will be a few people who will have one for sale before long.  There's bound to be instances where someone was disapointed or couldn't bond with the 12 fret LS-03 and decides to sell it.   Keep an eye out.

Tuffythepug

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 29, 2009, 03:29:38 PM
Sherry
Sorry you didn't get in on this.   A mass e-mail was sent out prior to taking orders.  I thought everyone was supposed to be contacted so nobody would miss out.   Darn,  this would be perfect for you.  I know you like the smaller- bodied guitars.  It would be a nice complement to your parlor.  I hope you can get in at some point.    Also, I have a hunch that, with 78 guitars being built, there will be a few people who will have one for sale before long.  There's bound to be instances where someone was disapointed or couldn't bond with the 12 fret LS-03 and decides to sell it.   Keep an eye out.

Tuffythepug

I called Jim this morning and he said he would put me on a list... just in case someone changed their mind :) I just hadnt been on the forum  in a long time and didnt know... got too involved with th horses to take the time on the forum during the  nice weather . I have been looking for a 00 but this one appealed to both me and my Husband so figured it would surely suit one of us... ( at least that is what  we talked about.. I want it for ME!!!)
Sherry

Quote from: feathersprings on January 29, 2009, 04:02:26 PM
I called Jim this morning and he said he would put me on a list... just in case someone changed their mind :) I just hadnt been on the forum  in a long time and didnt know... got too involved with th horses to take the time on the forum during the  nice weather . I have been looking for a 00 but this one appealed to both me and my Husband so figured it would surely suit one of us... ( at least that is what  we talked about.. I want it for ME!!!)

Best of luck Sherry, I hope it works out for you and you get one.  Like Tuffy says, I am pretty sure one will come up used soon enough with that many ordered, even if there is no cancellation.

Ben
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Me too,  actually I just emailed Jim and told him I would be interested in ANY configuration that became available not just the rosewood without extras .   :guitar
Im sure you guys are right and one would eventually become available... I just have to  try and keep my husband from buying another Martin instead !!! The sooner I spend his money the better LOL!
Sherry

Are we there yet?  :crying:

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: limnephilidae on January 29, 2009, 11:54:41 PM
Are we there yet?  :crying:

Adam,

Not you too! Let's put a positive spin on this, shall we? Tomorrow is the last day of January, so we're one month closer to them. Right?
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

unless they were all so busy with NAMM... and haven't had chance to work on our guitars in Jan..
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on January 30, 2009, 08:50:41 AM
unless they were all so busy with NAMM... and haven't had chance to work on our guitars in Jan..

SHHH.....that's quite enough of that mutinous talk.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

With regards to those who didn't order a Forum III not to worry.  Out of 78 orders and this economy "buyers remorse" may rear its ugly head.  With myself, depending on the Forum III, will probably put one of my 00-50 Traditionals up for sale.  If you like small guitars the 00-50 fits the bill.  And then there's always the upcoming Forum IV. 

You're assuming they'res gonna be a Forum IV. Mr. Larrivee may say the heck with the idea of ever doing a forum guitar again based on the overwhelming number of orders for the Forum III. :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Given the slowdown in the economy I'm sure Mr. Larrivee would welcome any future business. 

Lynda- as far as a Forum IV guitar, Larrivee might decide to put the LS back into production based on it's popularity on the Forum III gits. It might be limited runs or come back into offering. I'm sure he didn't expect the order to get as high as it did for ours ! I might sound redundant to your post, but that's only because I agree with you. Ours will still be special, one-of-a-kind guitars forever ! :bgrin:
I'm patiently waiting for mine; I have stuff to sell to try to make up the difference in my balance due.
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: gtrplayer on January 30, 2009, 09:40:37 AM
With regards to those who didn't order a Forum III not to worry.  Out of 78 orders and this economy "buyers remorse" may rear its ugly head.  With myself, depending on the Forum III, will probably put one of my 00-50 Traditionals up for sale.  If you like small guitars the 00-50 fits the bill.  And then there's always the upcoming Forum IV. 

I had been looking around for a 00 for a while when I saw the Forum III thread :) I certainly would consider one if I found the right one. I keep watching !
Sherry