Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 167473 times)
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »

Lynda- sorry. I misunderstood. I'm the same way. I actually left one of gits @ a house on Cape Cod instead of them throwing it around in baggage (went to Nantucket). The airlines actually warned me, so I took their advice. No guitar for a week, but boy, was it peaceful !
Jeff   

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »

I wouldn't attempt to take a guitar on a plane unless it was absolutely necessary. Toting it through the airports and security for a long weekend does not sound like fun to me...

I have enough trouble getting my own self through security these days...

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »

I just try remember the scene from Spinal Tap while I'm in line. Although being the woman in a headscarf laughing at apparently nothing may not be the best approach....

I think whomever has the most guitars should host. Cause I'm sure they'd have no problem with them being passed around. Can you tell i know I'm not the person with the most guitars?

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »

Breaking News !!!   

I'm guessing they won't even start them until sometime in March. I don't think it will take them very long to build 80 guitars.

I know this is not what you are waiting to hear, but I just couldn't resist.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »

Sorry, Breaking News from anyone but Ricky or Jim isn't Real Breaking News.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2009, 08:32:51 PM »

I figured the Breaking News was Roger is paying for mine. I'm a little dissapointed.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2009, 09:12:24 PM »

Taking guitars onto airplanes... it's a big hassle indeed...
Now days, most airlines don't allow it, unless you buy an extra seat.

When I travel via planes I don't even bother bringing guitars anywhere.. I just take my ukulele 

Jeffrey

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »

Clearly I am gonna struggle to attend a get together.  If anyone fancies coming to Scotland, however, please pop by for a jam!!!

I am, however, looking forward to seeing some of the Forum III group photos.

And that breaking news just wasn't funny at all.  Not even one little bit.  I am a little upset now..... only because you are probably right!

Ben

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »

Ben, breathe...in and out...in and out... 

It's gonna be ok!

I must apologize that I forgot where you live when I suggested a get together.  crying

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2009, 09:29:52 PM »

The menu has been presented and the orders have been taken. Now the unseen activity begins and like Ben I'd love to know when the water comes to a boil and the pasta can begin cooking. (You did know it would be Italian food, right?)

Norman

Maybe I will need to get an "appetizer" guitar in the meantime:  you know, something to hold me over until the main course arrives.  
Actually I spend an awful lot of time rotating between my L-10, my OM-03r and my 000-50MT trying to imagine how the new Forum III will sound in comparision to these other guitars.  In my imagination it will be like taking all the best qualities of these three and combining them into one incredible guitar.

And may I say, (no offense intended) that a world where lyric_girl is the voice of reason is seriously messed up. bigrin

Just kidding Lynda, you know we love you.  

Tuffythepug
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2009, 09:34:29 PM »

I wrote my post and looked at it, it just seemed like it needed something so I added the headline.

Really, I was in such a happy mood I thought I would bring a few people down.  

Probably should have put one of these   in the other post.  After the breaking news of course, the other part I believe is probably correct.

I'm really not having any problem waiting,  it surprises me.  Once it is in Jim's hands though I'll probably be pulling my hair out unable to wait another minute.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »

And may I say, (no offense intended) that a world where lyric_girl is the voice of reason is seriously messed up. bigrin

Just kidding Lynda, you know we love you.  

Tuffythepug

Nope Lynn, I agree with you 100%. Why do you people listen to me anyways! 

GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2009, 11:49:44 PM »

... Why do you people listen to me anyways!

Because when it comes to waiting for a guitar you REALLY want you have the edge on all of us! 

I'll repeat that your advice to chill while waiting instead of being consumed by thinking about it is a voice of reason.

Now as to Tuffy's appetizer platter idea I am shopping for basses. What does your husband recommend, Lynda? Or anyone else ... PMs or email please to avoid hijacking this thread.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2009, 11:53:01 PM »

Because when it comes to waiting for a guitar you REALLY want you have the edge on all of us! 

I'll repeat that your advice to chill while waiting instead of being consumed by thinking about it is a voice of reason.

Now as to Tuffy's appetizer platter idea I am shopping for basses. What does your husband recommend, Lynda? Or anyone else ... PMs or email please to avoid hijacking this thread.

Norman
  Norm I have access to a very rare fretless Bass It's about 1500. A 1966 model. I'll e-mail more if you are interested.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: January 28, 2009, 12:05:41 AM »

PMs or email please to avoid hijacking this thread.

Are you serious? This thread needs to last at least three months...we need something elseto talk about until the new guitars get here...that's the whole point of this thread!

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2009, 12:22:18 AM »

Good point, Dotneck.

OK, my budget tells me to forget shopping for a bass or just buy a cheap Ibanez SoundGear GSR200 to see if I can even get into this. I used to play a friend's stand up bass but have never played an electric one. This interest is both a coping mechanism for loss of job and another step toward removing my excuses for not recording some of the songs I have written.

Musical style would range from folk to country or newgrass. Home recording would be the primary use but I could play occasional gigs filling in with a friend's group. Currently looking at G&L Tribute and Ibanez SoundGear instruments. Max budget $700.

I'm open to input here or will move to the miscellaneous discussion area if the moderators suggest we are getting too off track.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »

Here's a diversion for our friend's in the Great White North...  From our local paper. I'm not kidding, the grocery sold out of milk. It's sad, really.

holly

Snowfall Continues, May Turn to Ice Overnight
Accumulation Could Be Biggest in Years; Evening Commute May Be Messy

The first snow of the season layered one to three inches of wet snow across the region for much of this afternoon, leading some schools and businesses to close early and promising a potentially slippery end to the evening commute with a second wave of flakes that began in the suburban areas shortly after 5 p.m.

The season's first major winter weather deposited almost three inches in some spots south of the Capital Beltway before tapering off during the mid-afternoon. But by early evening, snow was picking up again. The storm will continue to toy with the region overnight and into the morning rush hour. Forecasters expected the snow to turn to freezing rain after midnight, becoming regular rain after sunrise as temperatures climb above freezing in most areas.

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2009, 12:26:08 AM »

Norman,

Can you borrow one from a friend? I would think they'd come pretty cheap used. Mostly because people think they will like them and don't,lol.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2009, 12:37:38 AM »

Here's a diversion for our friend's in the Great White North...  From our local paper. I'm not kidding, the grocery sold out of milk. It's sad, really.

holly

That is a terrible news!!
I hope the storm won't effect you too much...

Jeffrey

strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2009, 12:43:55 AM »

Yes, however will we make it through the one to three inches of snow?  This can be a very silly place.

holly

Edited: Ok, this is the latest headline...As Usual, First Snowstorm Leaves Things a Little Flaky
Hundreds of Fender Benders And Patchy School Closings, But Most Take Squall in Stride

Dudes, SQUALL? I'm always happy to have a snow day with the bioy, but squall? Please, make it stop.

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: