Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: es-335 on January 25, 2009, 10:58:38 PM
I've seen "the last waltz" so many times! I think I watch it almost every month:)

and yet it is still entertaining!
Heh, Jeff.  Could I make a little suggestion with the hockey video, please?
       Could you slow it down a bit so we don't have to see 25 re-runs while viewing what is written? That way you can not be so distracted, like I am right now trying to finish typing this.
         I think it's because I'm using the "quick reply" mode though, which has your post right above it as I'm responding.
                      Just a thought, I could just switch to regular mode and then not see the video.

I woke up this morning singing "The Weight".      "Crazy Chester followed me and he caught me in.... etc."
It is a hard song to get out of your mind. It's also one of my fav's. I saw ''Easy Rider" at a drive in in Michigan, probably over 40 years ago now. Something like that.  "The river flows, it flows to the sea, and where ever that river goes that's where I want to be, flow river flow, let your waters wash down, take me from this burb....to some other town."
            I guess that's what got me long distance riding on motorcycles and trying to play and sing.  Still trying to play and sing...gave up the long distance riding.
                                                          Danny

Quote from: dependan on January 26, 2009, 05:18:21 AM
  Heh, Jeff.  Could I make a little suggestion with the hockey video, please?
       Could you slow it down a bit so we don't have to see 25 re-runs while viewing what is written? That way you can not be so distracted, like I am right now trying to finish typing this.
         I think it's because I'm using the "quick reply" mode though, which has your post right above it as I'm responding.
                      Just a thought, I could just switch to regular mode and then not see the video.
    Danny

Done :thumb
Jeffrey

Flatlander,

Nice job on The Wait!  I just became a fan of Shakey Jake.  :beer
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Per Mr LV19 you have to be a member of soundclick to download. Don't hesitate to PM me with e-mail address if you want mp3. Several folks already have.
color]
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

You can upload it to putfile.com and that won't be a problem.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

It wouldn't let me register right now. I'll try later.

Song back on soundclick. They got back suprisingly quickly and told me it was fine.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=869113

Quote from: flatlander on January 27, 2009, 05:03:32 AM
Song back on soundclick. They got back suprisingly quickly and told me it was fine.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=869113

They must be as impressed with it as we were Matt!!  Congratulatiuons on seriously livening up what would otherwise have been the most tedious and depressing part of the wait.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

What a hoot!

The kazoo is a nice touch, but...uh... it needs more cowbell.
L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster

OMGosh, the cow bell skit, I swear that's the closest I've come to actually wetting myself I laughed so loud. The fact that his shirt was two inces two short clinched it. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1738696/snl_cowbell/

Walken is an icon to me but Farrell totally stole the show.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: BenF on January 27, 2009, 06:41:17 AM
... the most tedious and depressing part of the wait.

Which part is that?  The part between the order and the delivery?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on January 27, 2009, 10:56:53 AM
Which part is that?  The part between the order and the delivery?

I meant the bit between order and when we find out they are actually doing something towards building the guitars.  Until we get a picture or something of some part finished guitars, there is still a bit of me that wonders if they have started yet, and if they have, as Matt says, they may be still 'picking out the wood'.  Just as long as they select a nice piece of Italian Spruce for #5, I'm a happy chap!!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Ben, relax.... I think you need to do some meditation  :smile:

You can't hurry perfection... Right? :humour:

Take good care,

Lynda
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 27, 2009, 11:02:39 AM

You can't hurry love...

...No, you just have to wait
She said, "Love won't come easy,
it's a game of give and take.
L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster

Lynda is a voice of reason for us all. The virtue of patience has to be learned and then practiced.

After our emotional group roller coaster ride through specification setting and order taking we face this inevitable lull in activity. The menu has been presented and the orders have been taken. Now the unseen activity begins and like Ben I'd love to know when the water comes to a boil and the pasta can begin cooking. (You did know it would be Italian food, right?)

My observation is that you can't NOT think about this build process. (Read again slowly, the double negative is intended.) Instead you have to choose to think about something else to fill your mind with a positive pursuit. Maybe it's GAS, maybe it is getting some lessons or practicing more regularly. Maybe it isn't guitar related at all.

Each one of us will know the right answer. I mentioned some of mine very early in this thread. Meanwhile my expectations are in check and I'll save energy for the post delivery gushing! I really do hope some regional gatherings can take place for some Forum guitar group photos.

Norman

PS, I thought of that Supremes tune too. LaminateBoy posted while I was typing.
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Norman,

I'm not meaning to be the voice of reason. Believe me, I'm not great at patience either; however, that being said, we have no control here, and I think it's best not to dwell on it. These gits are gonna be here in their own good time.  :smile:

lyric girl- Chicago sounds cool to me also. Central to most, but maybe a little too far north for our "southern' friends". Great place for music. It's down the road a ways, so others will come up with some different sites. Do you mind if I call you Lynda? I'm a first name kinda guy, plus it makes you feel like you know forumites you've never met. If you prefer your forum name, that's cool. Just asking before I use it in a post. :smile:
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Jeff,

Please call me Lynda...most people do on here. I totally realize Chicago may be way too north for many. I'm just hoping we can find a way to meet up. I think it would be a blast, but you guys are gonna have to put up with my pathetic playing  :roll For me, I'm REALLY scared of attempting to fly with a guitar, especially one as special as the Forum III.

Lynda- I'm left-handed & play a right handed guitar turned around, without changing the strings around. Learned that way in college ('75) & couldn't switch. Imagine the low "e" on the bottom & high "e" on top! I've adapted well to it, figuring out my own chord positions, leads, etc.. Nobody that can play full songs on their git should consider themselves pathetic. I'm sure you're joking.
As far flying, get a couple of Valium from your M.D.. I have anxiety disorder, among other shared problems, & have found they work great. Music on your headphones helps alot also. Hope to meet someday so we can share pathetic playing! :humour:
This includes everyone on the forum also. Seems like a very diversified & cool bunch. I'm glad I took the plunge finally & joined!
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Jeff, it's not me that's scared of flying...i'm terrified of getting to the airport and being told that my git has to go in steerage.