Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: iDavid on January 24, 2009, 12:09:51 AM
sorry to hear that...

I went through MANY MANY jobs before I found one I like.  A "bad" boss can ruin ones life.... at least while at work

David,

I love my job except for her. I have first hand knowledge that she is looking for a job elsewhere which does help me deal with her on most days. Yesterday and the day before were somewhat exceptions to that.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Is it just me or is anyone else itching for even a sliver of update on the production of the FGIII.  A picture of the Italian Spruce set aside for the production run..anything.  I'll try to sit on my hands and be patient.

Yeah, a little peek at some Italian spruce would be nice.....maybe initial construction/woods, .....a few crumbs would go a long way.

Quote from: dazdarren on January 24, 2009, 03:41:51 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else itching for even a sliver of update on the production of the FGIII.  A picture of the Italian Spruce set aside for the production run..anything.  I'll try to sit on my hands and be patient.

They probably just got back from NAMM. Patience.
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Waiting for something really exciting to arrive is just plain brutal.  The problem is that you burn up tons of brainpower trying to decide whether or not you are going to do it and once you finally get over the psychological wall....you have to wait...and wait...and wait...

Here is my top ten list for easing the pain of waiting:

1)  Re-read all 120 pages of the original discussion thread (btw...does anyone know where it went?)

2)  Take out one of your existing Larrivee guitars from its case, lower your nose into the sound hole, close your eyes, and take a deep whiff.  As that glorious smell of mahogany, spruce, rosewood, lacquer and glue is circulating through your sinuses, picture your new LS-03 guitar in your mind and lose yourself in the moment.

3)  Search for older LS-05 and LS-09 guitars on eBay, Craigslist, Kijiji and save the photos on your PC for later viewing pleasure

4)  Open up the pictures of the Forum I & II guitars being manufactured in the Larrivee factory and zoom in to look at all the details of the manufacturing process

5)  Search for "Larrivee" on Youtube and watch people playing their Larrivee guitars. 

6)  Go to a local guitar store and buy a new guitar.  Minimize the personal guilt by convincing yourself that you will sell it when the new Forum III guitar arrives.  Hey...the store has a don't pay for 90 day special...even better.

7)  Write Jim at Trinity a note asking if he has an update and then delete before you send.  Repeat multiple times.

8)  Obtain a photo of another model of Larrivee guitar and then spend the afternoon on your computer Photoshopping the picture into looking like your new LS-03 Forum III guitar.

9)  Look up the history of Herringbone purfing on the Internet and feel good about spending the extra bucks for the upgrade.  Post links on this info on the forum.

and finally....

10)  Drink until you can't tell the difference between an LS-03, D-03, OM-03, P-05 and then play one of them while fantasizing about your future Forum III guitar!

The waiting is killing me too.  Pictures from Larrivee would be a quick hit.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

I went to a pawn shop and found a 50 year old small classical git with an Alpine spruce top.
Didn't know how old and such, just knew it was a sweet old git. "Hand made" in Sweden, a Goya 1959 G-10.  More later.         Danny

"The Wait"
Pulled into vancouver, I was feelin bout half past dead.
My heads still racin but my eyes are tired and red.
I said hey mister, can you lead me to the factory?
He just smiled and said, another waitin on the forum III

Take a load off Danny,
Take a load off Lee
Take a load off Ricky.
and................
ya lay the  forum III  on me.

Shufflin through the warehouse district in the funky part of town.
Who'd I see but Lyric Girl, and her raincoat pacin around.
I said hey girl, come on lets go downtown.
She smiled and said you can take my coat, but I gotta stick around.

Take a load off Lynda
Take a load off steve
Take load off penner
and.................
ya lay the  forum III  on me.

Sun finally showed up tryin to beat away the fog.
I saw someone pleadin, Tuffy, please let me have your Hog.
Tuffy said I'm a peaceful man, but that's more than I can share.
He pulled out a flower and said, be sure to wear it in your hair.

Take a load off Bluesman
Take a load off Ray.
Take a load off Holly
and..............

Peerin thru the window, we saw John just shakin his head.
To make the wait go quicker,he brought a toaster and some bread.
We said wait a minute Johnie, have you done all you could.
He said sorry to tell ya, we're still just pickin out the wood.

Take a load off Serge,
Take a load off Ben
Take a load off Randy.
and................

Got on the telephone, called brother Jim at home.
Wouldn't say what he was thinkin, just kindly said I gotta be alone.
Six feet of paper work and it's gettin kinda hard.
But if it makes you feel better, Jean gives his regards.

Take a load off Danny,
Take a load off Lee
Take a load off Ricky.
and................

Just helpin ya pass the time!  matt

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Love it! Plus it makes sense!

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Hil-freakin-larious....

Hey flatlander let's get an Audacity recording started on this thing-we could overdub lyrics and guitars via email (I think)!!!!

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Nice Matt...."The Wait"  :guitar By the F-III BAND

Quote from: pennerblue on January 24, 2009, 08:03:58 PM
Hil-freakin-larious....

Hey flatlander let's get an Audacity recording started on this thing-we could overdub lyrics and guitars via email (I think)!!!!

I don't have the audacity to do that, but I might could record it real quick myself.  :thumbsupI gotta go to work now though.

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 24, 2009, 07:04:32 AM
David,

I love my job except for her. I have first hand knowledge that she is looking for a job elsewhere which does help me deal with her on most days. Yesterday and the day before were somewhat exceptions to that.

When I worked at Planned Parenthood I had a boss like that. For starters she asked me to take down my Klimt Danaë poster in my office. When I asked her why as there were a few nudes in other offices she said (ok ready?)

"Yes, but they aren't pictures of themselves."

No freakin' joke. Never mind the weirdness behind that statement, the woman though KLIMT had painted a mass produced poster of ME. I don't think I have ever worked so hard not to bust a gut laughing. The only thing I could think of to say was 'Hey, did you see the one where I'm kissing that guy?' And no, I don't look like that anymore. *sigh*

She became so increasingly unreasonable and unstable that her boss met with myself and the other person uunder her while she was on vacation. He had decided to tell her she needed to check herself into a mental hospital and get help or he would fire her. Then the night before she came back (I am not making this up) he died. No one knew about the meeting except the three, now two of us.

Thankfully I got laid off and I went to hair school and became wildly successful until I got married and had the boy and quit to stay home. To cap off this work history, my SIL owns the hair salon I met my husband at and was just as freakin loopy as the last boss. That's a whole nother story.

But to give you an idea, before staff meetings a coworker and I would go across the street, get a cup of ice and split a bottle of wine, bring it back and sip it through a straw. Another would pop a couple of Xanax. She's not improved as a SIL but now I don't have to deal with her at all. Now I just deal with dogs, most of the time. If I could do that without dealing with the owners that would be ideal but we can't have everything.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Hey Matt,

That was so kewl seeing myself immortalized in your poem. Thanks for that.

Great job. However folks, you need to stop thinking about it...believe me, your brain will hurt less and the time will go by quicker... I promise. :roll

I couldn't pay for it if it showed up anyhow. I'm probabaly the only person hoping it takes at least three months.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on January 24, 2009, 09:18:48 PM
I couldn't pay for it if it showed up anyhow. I'm probabaly the only person hoping it takes at least three months.

holly

Nope Holly, you're not. I am carefully putting money aside from every cheque, but I should have about enough if it arrives at the end of March, but later would definitely be easier for me too. I also keep forgetting that I have to factor in tax on top/

Matt,

I better start paying attention to who's who around here.  I mean, my memory needs a good dose of steroids or stimulants.

I believe I was listening to some of your compositions earlier... before the end of last year? and I was really impressed.

I can't wait to hear the melody... really cool to see a whole bunch of us in this song.

I can't say enough words to let the whole world know how TOTALLY COOL this is.

Thank you!!!

Part of the way I'm passing time and easing the pain of the wait.... is, as Jim puts it, playing the "snot out" of my OO-09.  She's so sweet with muffled/muted strumming.

ricky  :nana_guitar

Taking your advice...I just played the snot out of my silver oak for 4 hours...it's now 2:30am.

And yes, flatlander...we did play "The weight".
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 24, 2009, 08:39:58 PM
Hey Matt,

That was so kewl seeing myself immortalized in your poem. Thanks for that.

Great job. However folks, you need to stop thinking about it...believe me, your brain will hurt less and the time will go by quicker... I promise. :roll
Well first I think I owe you an apology for my typo! Downtown not downdown. :roll
I guess there's some that aren't familier with "The Wieght" a hit in late 60's. This is parody of that.

Quote from: flatlander on January 24, 2009, 08:27:48 PM
I don't have the audacity to do that, but I might could record it real quick myself.  :thumbsupI gotta go to work now though.
Got home at 3:00 am and threw it together. Here it is. first song "the wait"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=869113

:? :cheers :guitar :roll :?
:yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn
(I gotta do what at 9:30????)
Oh, if anyone wants this nonsense better go ahead and download it. Click on "full" by song for download option.
I'm not sure if it counts as a cover song which is restricted
on soundclick. I'll probably take it down soon. If somebody has somewhere else to store it, have at it.  matt

Matt,

That was so friggen amazing. You seriously have made my day. You have a great voice.

Thanks,

Lynda