Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 167572 times)
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2009, 08:49:34 PM »

This thread is simply spiraling out of control! 

Is this what we have to do to amuse ourselves during the wait? 

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:32 PM »

I've been counting the hairs on my left arm, but I keep getting lost and having to start again.

What else is there to do? 

This is attempted  by the way.  I know I am not funny, but I am a bad comedian, not just a nutter who counts the hairs on his arms.  I am 102 years old after all, give me a break.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »

I can't help. Stupid expletive dog pulled me into a guard rail which defying the law of 'should even happen' resulting in my middle right knuckle hitting the 'you have to be kidding' only unrounded area.  This series of events resulted in cutting my knuckle pretty much down to the bone. Like any sensible person who left the First Aid kit at HOME,  I waited for my friend and her GSD to show up so she could help me get the dogs into the park.

The friend, not the GSD although she can be very helpful. Since it was cold I could wrap a napkin around my finger and put a glove over it. Because no freakin WAY was I going to go home now. All I needed was a hurt finger and two out of three dogs with no exercise.  The knuckle injuring dog had a great time running the part with the GSD. The Police Dog of the Universe decided since i was hurt he'd get nasty with any dog that came withing four feet. So he went on his short lead where he was happy doing his job.

So I leanred a hard lesson, starting with leaving the prong collar at home. Stupid when you have two 80 pounders on lead and are feeling cocky and have them both in one hand while locking the car.

The first aid kit is back in the car where it belongs. Since we've no insurance and I doubt this could be stitched, I tended to it while resisting the advice of my carpenter friends to super glue it back together. I have no doubt it works but if all you do is woodworking while/and/or looking at the bottom of a bong what works for you may not, so much, for me. And yeah, it hurts. So I took a nap. Then I woke up and it wasn't all better, go figure.

I have it splinted so I can't accidentally bend it and am walking around in my robe, needing a shower, pissed off because iI pretty much can't do what I intended to, with my middle finger in the air so it doesn't throb. Pissed because this is all my fault for being lazy with the leash training. Feeling like I'm going to bite my husband's head off the next time he asks me how my finger is doing while I am struggling to do something. I think I may be deveolping laser heat vision based soley on my frustration that it doesn't ocurr to him to HELP.

Unwashed, angry and sporting an obscene gesture.

So, who wants to hang out?

holly

ps. The cake cherry? I have to strum. Sort of. Have I mentioned my feeling's about strumming?

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »

I can't help. Stupid expletive dog pulled me into a guard rail which defying the law of 'should even happen' resulting in my middle right knuckle hitting the 'you have to be kidding' only unrounded area.  This series of events resulted in cutting my knuckle pretty much down to the bone. Like any sensible person who left the First Aid kit at HOME,  I waited for my friend and her GSD to show up so she could help me get the dogs into the park.

The friend, not the GSD although she can be very helpful. Since it was cold I could wrap a napkin around my finger and put a glove over it. Because no freakin WAY was I going to go home now. All I needed was a hurt finger and two out of three dogs with no exercise.  The knuckle injuring dog had a great time running the part with the GSD. The Police Dog of the Universe decided since i was hurt he'd get nasty with any dog that came withing four feet. So he went on his short lead where he was happy doing his job.

So I leanred a hard lesson, starting with leaving the prong collar at home. Stupid when you have two 80 pounders on lead and are feeling cocky and have them both in one hand while locking the car.

The first aid kit is back in the car where it belongs. Since we've no insurance and I doubt this could be stitched, I tended to it while resisting the advice of my carpenter friends to super glue it back together. I have no doubt it works but if all you do is woodworking while/and/or looking at the bottom of a bong what works for you may not, so much, for me. And yeah, it hurts. So I took a nap. Then I woke up and it wasn't all better, go figure.

I have it splinted so I can't accidentally bend it and am walking around in my robe, needing a shower, pissed off because iI pretty much can't do what I intended to, with my middle finger in the air so it doesn't throb. Pissed because this is all my fault for being lazy with the leash training. Feeling like I'm going to bite my husband's head off the next time he asks me how my finger is doing while I am struggling to do something. I think I may be deveolping laser heat vision based soley on my frustration that it doesn't ocurr to him to HELP.

Unwashed, angry and sporting an obscene gesture.

So, who wants to hang out?

holly

ps. The cake cherry? I have to strum. Sort of. Have I mentioned my feeling's about strumming?

Get out your Roomba and do a little Rumba.

How is it that your dog can piss you off, but you love him so much. Plus ain't he cute.

As long as you folded the skin back smoothly over the bone put some neosporin on it with band aid, and don't bend it, you should see good results within a week
Hope you heal fast.

I sense you need caffeine

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2009, 11:07:18 PM »

It's a clean cut. It's straight down. Think metal being pushed straight down into the finger joint. While I'm not sure I will be eating any drumsticks again, ever, I'm grateful for that. I could have no finger. That would really be a poor way to spend a morning. With my luck it would fall to the ground and get eaten before i could salvage it for reattachment.

The dogs are happy cause they got fancy chicken instead of a whole cut up one. Moslty bcause I had to add eggs, and sausage and liver to make it come out the right weight.

I am convinced that they are planning to take out the other hand in hopes of procuring steak. I will be vigilant.

Coffee is an excellent idea. I hear it bolsters heat vision.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2009, 11:35:38 PM »

Can someone please explain to me how I post pictures on here ? they are in "My Pictures", Windows XP. I tried last night, but gave up. I wanted to show how my L-10 looked about 1 year after being made (light color) compared to a couple of years ago (gorgeous honey). Any help with making me look like a dope would be appreciated !
Jeff   

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2009, 11:43:29 PM »

Holly, very sorry to hear about your ordeal this morning. Take care of yourself.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2009, 11:46:02 PM »

Can someone please explain to me how I post pictures on here ? they are in "My Pictures", Windows XP. I tried last night, but gave up. I wanted to show how my L-10 looked about 1 year after being made (light color) compared to a couple of years ago (gorgeous honey). Any help with making me look like a dope would be appreciated !
Jeff   

Assuming you are using the correct procedure the file size may be too large.  Remember that an individual photo must be smaller than 200kb and the overall post can't be over 400kb.  Other than that your pics should appear in your post.    Are you clicking on "Additional Options" below the text box ?
That's all it should take if your j-peg files aren't too big.
If all else fails you can e-mail them to me and I will post them in your behalf.

Tuffythepug

es-335

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2009, 12:09:05 AM »

I can't wait.....  crying

Jeffrey

strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »

Holly, very sorry to hear about your ordeal this morning. Take care of yourself.

Thanks, I'm the worst injured person ever. I wouldn't be one of those brave, spunky, life loving people you hear about during the inspire me news. I'd be the poking people with the end of an umbrella in my wheelchair (God forbid). I have infinite respect for those who sally forth and can't count myself in.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2009, 04:17:44 AM »

I pretty much can't do what I intended to, with my middle finger in the air so it doesn't throb. Pissed because this is all my fault for being lazy with the leash training. Feeling like I'm going to bite my husband's head off the next time he asks me how my finger is doing while I am struggling to do something.

Holly that's a true drag.   Best wishes for a fast recovery.

The silver lining?  At least when you're in a mood like that, your injured finger is already "in the proper position" to let others know how you really feel

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

LaminateBoy

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »

I pulled into Nazareth I was feelin' 'bout half past dead.
I just need a place where I can lay my head
Say, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?
He just smiled and shook my hand. "No," was all he said.

L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »

I pulled into Nazareth I was feelin' 'bout half past dead.
I just need a place where I can lay my head
Say, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?
He just smiled and shook my hand. "No," was all he said.

I thought this continued forum thread was called "The Wait", not "The Weight"...

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

LaminateBoy

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2009, 09:20:59 PM »

I thought this continued forum thread was called "The Wait", not "The Weight"...

Or if you're texting it, it would be the w8.

L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2009, 09:31:12 PM »

On a positive note UPS just dropped off my Crowded House song book.  This is good for two reasons. The first being that I like Crowded House and appreciate that the book is written in (gasp) standard notation.

The second being that the boy expects me to play Moonlight Sonata for him by March 6. No, it was not my idea. If I can learn Distant Sun, this will buy me significant time and provide a distraction. I mean, you can just leave all the F chords out, right? Maybe sing extra loud there?

This has nothing t do with the Forum guitar but  I have no idea what you two are talking about. I still don't understand what that song is about.
Other than there's guy named Manny and there's a free load that seems to be passed back and forth.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
LaminateBoy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2009, 09:51:13 PM »

Other than there's guy named Manny

holly

A woman named Fannie.

L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2009, 09:57:48 PM »

See?

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2009, 11:25:26 PM »

I always thought it was Annie. So your not alone.

Not wanting any pity or anything but last night when I was just noodling, I was doing three string hammer-ons with my ring finger when all of a sudden I got a sharp pain that went down my finger through my wrist and up into my forearm. It felt like I stuck my finger in a light socket, I actually bumped the headstock into the mic stand when I jerked in pain. 

I woke up this morning and my left hand was numb, I've been nursing it all day and doing some stretches but if I try to use it I get that same pain happening again.

I don't think this is a sympathy pain, holly.

BTW how is your finger today?

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »

In the spirit of the thread's title, I'd like to admit that despite the following distractions:

- I have a new Martin D-18 to break in
- I have to file my taxes so I can fill the guitar coffer for the LS-03R
- I am in the middle of publishing two professional papers
- It's really fraking cold in Canada
- The final season of BSG is on
- I have to determine what guitar to sell (or, less likely, what two guitars to trade up for a more expensive one) to accommodate one more into the herd

...I am still secretly looking at pictures of LS bodies and Italian Spruce topped guitars.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2009, 12:32:00 AM »

I always thought it was Annie. So your not alone.

Not wanting any pity or anything but last night when I was just noodling, I was doing three string hammer-ons with my ring finger when all of a sudden I got a sharp pain that went down my finger through my wrist and up into my forearm. It felt like I stuck my finger in a light socket, I actually bumped the headstock into the mic stand when I jerked in pain. 

I woke up this morning and my left hand was numb, I've been nursing it all day and doing some stretches but if I try to use it I get that same pain happening again.

I don't think this is a sympathy pain, holly.

BTW how is your finger today?

I'm so sorry. Have you done that before, meaning was it a new body movement or have you been happily hammering on up until now? Is it a motion where your finger makes a hook? I have an appt. with my massage person Thursday, I'll ask her about it and PM you with any info I get. I would say don't do it anymore for now, for sure.

My finger is a little better, thank you, as is my disposition.

Limn,

Tax returns, be grateful you don't live in CA (as I am) because all you get this year is an IOU. Battlestar Galatica? I know the Yarn Harlot is a huge fan.

holly

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: