Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: strawintogold on January 17, 2009, 07:55:17 PM
Roger,

The recipe is, look through your pantry, find a bag of mixed beans. Look in the freezer and find a lamb shank, scrounge about for some onion and garlic. Discover a carton of chicken broth. Season well with what is at hand and cook for a long time. Lamb shank is a great replacement for ham bone, things like that and adds a great flavor.

holly

Okay...too weird...I made this exact soup (in a similar "wonder" fashion...that is, I "wonder" what's in the fridge and cupboards that I can toss in the pot) JUST YESTERDAY!  It's still simmering...

In my case however, we have this huge jar (maybe 2 gallons) that filled with all the random leftover beans from various bags over the years....

Yum, yum.
P
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: strawintogold on January 17, 2009, 02:35:53 PM
Yeah...but it's SAAAAAturday...

I agree about being careful what you put in your head.  We are very careful with our son, who is eight. No news, no CNN, no flipping through the movie channels. He may not understand but a visual is POP in your brain, that's it. I saw Jaws when I was ten, by myself in a movie theatre (thank you lack of parenting) and to this day I can't swim in water I can't see the bottom of.

In regard to the floor. The best two gadgets I ever bought were an IRobot and a Scooba. So I'm really mopping, right now, as we speak.

holly

Got a iRobot (Fred) and a Scooba (Ginger) for X-mas  and those two are wonderful. I love the fact that I can be playing guitar while my house is being vacuumed and then mopped.

Holly, how long have you had them? I wonder how well they will hold up.

david

Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Quote from: strawintogold on January 17, 2009, 07:55:17 PM
Roger,

I thought you should know that I've cooked two days worth of meals plus, cornbread, chocolate zucchini cake, bread, coffee cake and everything is finally put away. *whew*  Now I'm going to try and squeeze in a little practice.

holly

I love food  :drool:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: iDavid on January 18, 2009, 07:39:48 AM
Got a iRobot (Fred) and a Scooba (Ginger) for X-mas  and those two are wonderful. I love the fact that I can be playing guitar while my house is being vacuumed and then mopped.

Holly, how long have you had them? I wonder how well they will hold up.

david

I got mine from Hammacheler, paid $100 more but they have the lifetime guarantee. The important thing about both units is clean them, everytime and partially disassemble to deep clean. Do a google on Irobot matianence, it's very important. With the Scooba you will want to soak the water tank in very hot soapy water every couple of weeks. i use a pet brush to ge the hair of IRobot's brushes, be sure you remove the little yellow thing (everything yellow is meant to be removed and cleaned everytime) because pet hair, etc, wind around the shaft.

I use vinegar and water rather than that crazy expensive solution and that's all you can use are those two. Basically, they need to be cleaned everytime, which isn't that big of a deal or you will get about a year out of them. i also shake and every week rinse that yellow filter, then replace about once a month.

There's a board (of course) with peeople who have done things like hack the iRobot, although i'm not geeky enough to know why. But a quick search will give you access to that and all kinds of info.

Penner,

Welcome to the Soup Borg. resrsitance is futile.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: BenF on January 18, 2009, 08:44:17 AM
What is an irobot and a scooba? :?

and do they own Larrivees and sing?
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 18, 2009, 08:53:42 AM
Ben,

check out these sites:

http://store.irobot.com/home/index.jsp

http://www.robotshop.ca/robot-cleaners.html

This is enlightening.  I have been led to believe for a number of years that these tasks are what husbands are for.  Hmmmm.

Seriously, this is unreal.  I swear there will be automatic backside wipers on the market soon.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on January 18, 2009, 09:00:29 AM
This is enlightening.  I have been led to believe for a number of years that these tasks are what husbands are for.  Hmmmm.

Seriously, this is unreal.  I swear there will be automatic backside wipers on the market soon.

Yes dear, those are tasks husbands are for. This is why we have the machines. If they could invent one that took out the trash, I'm sure that would be on the market in days.

Those are called bidets.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on January 18, 2009, 09:04:22 AM
Yes dear, those are tasks husbands are for. This is why we have the machines. If they could invent one that took out the trash, I'm sure that would be on the market in days.

Those are called bidets.

holly

Holly, you never fail to make me laugh!

I swear the human race will soon dispense with doing anything at all........

Now where is my guitar that plays Tommy Emmanuel tunes by itself?.....
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

How difficult is it to maintain and clean these gadgets?  Is it still way easier than doing the actual floor cleaning yourself?
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: bluesman67 on January 18, 2009, 10:26:15 AM
How difficult is it to maintain and clean these gadgets?  Is it still way easier than doing the actual floor cleaning yourself?

Well, with a vacuum you still have to empty and clean the roller. What I have found is that because the robots take a much longer time they do a better job, plus, and this is so awesome, they go UNDER furniture.  The Scooba is nice because it washes and dries with very little water.

Now, that being said, I have three heavy coated dogs so in the living room I still use a regular vacuuming and a rough sweep before sending the robot out. The robot is used mostly upstairs in the bedrooms. About once a week downstairs but I have to vacuum daily, sometimes twice. Leonbergers basically expell hair at great force constantly.

it does enable you to multitask. Unless you stand there and watch it cause that's kinda cool too.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

will these robots get rid of dog pee stains....?
Jeffrey

Quote from: BenF on January 18, 2009, 09:00:29 AM

They already do, sort of.

I presently live in Japan and most toilets have a "booty-shower" built into the seat.  The seats warm-up, so its nice and cozy to sit. Then you have the choice of how hot the spray is and how strong (or pulsation if you dare).

A bit different from camping in Italy where you have a hole in the ground and a hose.

Just thought you all might like to know

david

Quote from: iDavid on January 18, 2009, 06:01:19 PM
They already do, sort of.

I presently live in Japan and most toilets have a "booty-shower" built into the seat.  The seats warm-up, so its nice and cozy to sit. Then you have the choice of how hot the spray is and how strong (or pulsation if you dare).

A bit different from camping in Italy where you have a hole in the ground and a hose.

Just thought you all might like to know

david

:cop: TMI  :cop:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

TMI, nah

just a bit of world info to brighten your day :winkin:

Tom Waits...

As do we.
L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster

Quote from: mudbox on January 19, 2009, 12:43:04 PM
And I thought Tom Waits for no one. :whistling:

Very clever.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Tom flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster