Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: strawintogold on January 17, 2009, 01:03:29 PM
You are very welcome. I do think there are folks who can manage with alternative sources, but I think for people like us it is beyond our scope and there is SO much more we can achieve well rather than limping along with the brave face.  No shame in that. Well, unless you are one of Tom Cruise's friends.....

holly

No disrespect for the subject matter (aren't most of on med's anyway?)  but holly, don't you have a floor to mop or something.  :humour:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

holly- thanks for waking me up. I know I'm not alone with my problems, but life must go on ! That's what I keep telling myself. Thanks. "Forum III Guitars: Coming soon to a doorway near you !"
Jeff 
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Okay, I'm being serious here.

For others who suffer from depression, even if you are on med's, "don't watch the news, or read the paper" it is a real downer.  Not to mention that much of it is just opinionated crap.

I get a kick out of these so called professional investment people going on TV and pointing out why (enter manufacturer of your choice) should not be helped by the government. I don't know about everybody else but it seems as though the only sure way not to lose money in this market is to have it in CD's. The masters of the investment world are the ones that ruined everything for everybody.

I'm back, had to go take a pill. Sorry I got off of what I was here to say. But really, read a good book or play your music and forget about all the bad things happening around you that you have no control over. Concentrate on the one thing you do have control over, Yourself.

Even if you had all the money in the world, you still couldn't control it. (the world that is)

Have some comfort food
:donut2  :donut  :donut2  :donut  :donut2

Roger

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 17, 2009, 01:46:29 PM

For others who suffer from depression, even if you are on med's, "don't watch the news, or read the paper" it is a real downer.  Not to mention that much of it is just opinionated crap.

. . . .

Even if you had all the money in the world, you still couldn't control it. (the world that is)

That's not bad advice for those not suffering from depression.

Anybody yet ready to sell me their FGIII, IS/RW?  :humour:

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 17, 2009, 01:11:50 PM
No disrespect for the subject matter (aren't most of on med's anyway?)  but holly, don't you have a floor to mop or something.  :humour:

Yeah...but it's SAAAAAturday...

I agree about being careful what you put in your head.  We are very careful with our son, who is eight. No news, no CNN, no flipping through the movie channels. He may not understand but a visual is POP in your brain, that's it. I saw Jaws when I was ten, by myself in a movie theatre (thank you lack of parenting) and to this day I can't swim in water I can't see the bottom of.

In regard to the floor. The best two gadgets I ever bought were an IRobot and a Scooba. So I'm really mopping, right now, as we speak.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on January 17, 2009, 02:35:53 PM
Yeah...but it's SAAAAAturday...

I agree about being careful what you put in your head.  We are very careful with our son, who is eight. No news, no CNN, no flipping through the movie channels. He may not understand but a visual is POP in your brain, that's it. I saw Jaws when I was ten, by myself in a movie theatre (thank you lack of parenting) and to this day I can't swim in water I can't see the bottom of.

In regard to the floor. The best two gadgets I ever bought were an IRobot and a Scooba. So I'm really mopping, right now, as we speak.

holly

Yeah, I feel sorry for my grandkids having to grow up in this generation. How did you get into a movie theater to watch Jaws at ten, by yourself?

Concerning the floor, ain't technology grand! But I thought a Scooba was a tank you put on your back for swimming with the sharks.

Roger

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 17, 2009, 03:20:12 PM
Yeah, I feel sorry for my grandkids having to grow up in this generation. How did you get into a movie theater to watch Jaws at ten, by yourself?

Concerning the floor, ain't technology grand! But I thought a Scooba was a tank you put on your back for swimming with the sharks.

Well, I was born 1966, so you figure 1976 -77. Nobody paid attention back then. I also saw Orca, The Towering Inferno and you know, the boat sinks, The Poseidon Adventure. Poor Shirley. The Exorcist, good times, good times. Wholesome fare for the future generations.

My friend and I were talking about how we got into bars when we were fifteen (see above mention of lack of parenting) and how different it is now. Sometimes the doorman would help you remember what year you were supposed to say your birthday was,lol. Same thing with cigarettes and booze.

Makes me wonder if my generation had a higher rate of lung cancer and alcoholism than the following.

Back to soup. Beef and millet and lamb shank with mixed beans in case anyone is wondering,lol.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 17, 2009, 03:20:12 PM

Roombas are great! My mother just got one of the 500 series and we had a great time watching the dog and cat take turns chasing it across the floor!

By the way, here's the thread's theme video:

The Waiting
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: limnephilidae on January 17, 2009, 03:39:47 PM
Roombas are great! My mother just got one of the 500 series and we had a great time watching the dog and cat take turns chasing it across the floor!

By the way, here's the thread's theme video:

The Waiting

I thought the paying was the hardest part. But that would make that song about something less savory, I suppose. Ok, really, back to work, see ya tomorrow!

holly

ps. I would love to do a Blair Witch Project (no, I didn't get it either) with all the waiting members. I could just run around swinging the camera in various faces and you guys could say things like 'Where is it?" "Is it here?" "Oh, my God, is that IT?"

No runny noses though cause that's just gross.
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 17, 2009, 01:46:29 PM

I'm back, had to go take a pill. Sorry I got off of what I was here to say. But really, read a good book or play your music and forget about all the bad things happening around you that you have no control over.

Concentrate on the one thing you do have control over, Yourself.

Have some comfort food
:donut2  :donut  :donut2  :donut  :donut2

I identify with this post a lot. I'm dropping cable and refuse to read the paper or listen to lengthy news info-tainment programs. But still get saddened by what I see; even here on the forum sometimes. In fact I feel a bit drained. so less posts from me. More reading, playing guitars, spending time with the wife and family.
                                                 Danny

Quote from: strawintogold on January 17, 2009, 03:37:44 PM
Well, I was born 1966, so you figure 1976 -77. Nobody paid attention back then. I also saw Orca, The Towering Inferno and you know, the boat sinks, The Poseidon Adventure. Poor Shirley. The Exorcist, good times, good times. Wholesome fare for the future generations.

My friend and I were talking about how we got into bars when we were fifteen (see above mention of lack of parenting) and how different it is now. Sometimes the doorman would help you remember what year you were supposed to say your birthday was,lol. Same thing with cigarettes and booze.

Makes me wonder if my generation had a higher rate of lung cancer and alcoholism than the following.

Back to soup. Beef and millet and lamb shank with mixed beans in case anyone is wondering,lol.

holly

holly
I was a jr. in HS when you were born but, sadly, older doesn't equal wiser:  at that time I had a nice little side biz making fake Ids for myself and friends.  Of course at the little places we went to purchase our beverages they were lucky to be able to do the math anyhow.   I once passed off a 16 year old asian girl as 21 year old Spanish man,  That's a pretty good stretch.
Geez, I hope this little "waiting" thread doesn't turn into one old anticdote after another such as the one I just foisted upon you.  

What do you think of the name "Theresa" for my Forum III LS-03MT....?   My reasoning is that it sounds like Tres in Spanish....  3.. like in forum III,  or in 3 dots on the 12th fret...  or like #3 of 78 which mine is...  and also she will be dark complected.

The soup sounds yummy.  How about sharing the recipe ?

Tuffythepug

Quote from: dependan on January 17, 2009, 03:50:27 PM
        I identify with this post a lot. I'm dropping cable and refuse to read the paper or listen to lengthy news info-tainment programs. But still get saddened by what I see; even here on the forum sometimes. In fact I feel a bit drained. so less posts from me. More reading, playing guitars, spending time with the wife and family.
                                                 Danny

Excellent resolutions!  :+1:

My wife and I have a DISH Family package--$25/month with local stations, their lightest package. Still, I've thought about dropping it. Haven't quite pulled the trigger on that one.

And less time posting, "more reading, playing guitars (well, I have just the one  :smile:), spending time with the wife (daughters are all grown and gone)" will make like less frantic and more enjoyable.

Thanks for posting that, Danny.

Bill

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 17, 2009, 12:15:59 PM

Now all I need to is figure out how to play some REM and I will be set.

Hey Lynda-  Lot's of help here on You Tube.  Just try "how to play (enter song title)".

I'm currently working on Driver 8 and Talk about the Passion!

Penner
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: strawintogold on January 17, 2009, 03:47:44 PM
holly

ps. I would love to do a Blair Witch Project (no, I didn't get it either) with all the waiting members. I could just run around swinging the camera in various faces and you guys could say things like 'Where is it?" "Is it here?" "Oh, my God, is that IT?"

No runny noses though cause that's just gross.

:roll
See, it's stuff like this that makes you laugh. Best depression medicine money can't buy.
Roger

Quote from: dependan on January 17, 2009, 03:50:27 PM
                                                 Danny

Danny
It's always a good idea to step away from something that's draining you and get back to the things that get you charged up to begin with....i.e.  playing guitar, family, and of course playing guitar with your family.   :bgrin:   I have a feeling that your batteries will be re-charged in no-time and I look forward to seeing which windmills you'll be tiliting at when you do.  You know you can't stay away from here for long,...  someone might come a'lookin' for ya'. 
As for me..   I'm just kickin' tires here right now:  Just hangin' out til the grandboy arrives in a few minutes for a sleepover.    This could turn out to be one of those darned near perfect days where I get to spend a few hours in the a.m. with an old friend raisin' the rafters in the garage with our guitars and the afternoon and evening with my favorite little guy.   My batteries are almost over-charged.   I wish I felt this good every day.   :bgrin:    What's that ?     THE DOORBELL !

T out

I gave up satellite tv in the spring because i was spending my time on forums and/or playing. I just can't justify spending all that money for something I'm not using. I don't miss it, although it is weird not finding out what movies are coming out. I am sure I could find that info somewhere on the web if I looked hard enough.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Ya'll shouldn't feel too bad about waiting a little.  There are some of us (like me) who will have to wait even longer, until someone sells.    We'll just have to console ourselves that when we can buy one, we'll have an even better idea of how good it sounds.   :thumb

Tim
2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

That "waiting for someone to sell" thing is the main reason I got off the fence.  With only 3 IS/RW leftys ordered, and only one with HB purfling I had to get in.  What are the chances of one of those 3 coming up for sale, or the one other with herringbone??  My order made it 4 of those being produced, and I had to get the herringbone.  So the grand total is 2 IS/RW lefty with herringbone being made.  I'm more than happy to have one coming.  And now I don't have to worry about looking for one for sale.  Now, about one of the F3 IS/Hog lefty with herringbone.... I guess I'll be waiting to pounce if one of those leftys come up for sale. :tongue:
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

I suspect that our teasing about waiting for one to sell is a little tongue in cheek. It just wasn't the right time for me to jump in, and with the news from the dentist about some work my wife needs, it's a good thing I didn't.

Still, I am very happy for those who ordered and hope you all enjoy those Forum III gits as much as you anticipate. And I am vicariously enjoying the anticipation as you wait for their arrival!

Bill

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 17, 2009, 01:11:50 PM

Roger,

I thought you should know that I've cooked two days worth of meals plus, cornbread, chocolate zucchini cake, bread, coffee cake and everything is finally put away. *whew*  Now I'm going to try and squeeze in a little practice.

Tuffy,

The recipe is, look through your pantry, find a bag of mixed beans. Look in the freezer and find a lamb shank, scrounge about for some onion and garlic. Discover a carton of chicken broth. Season well with what is at hand and cook for a long time. Lamb shank is a great replacement for ham bone, things like that and adds a great flavor.

Millet is an interesting grain. Sort of like Cous Cous with moxy. Toast it, cook it and throw in some hamburger cooked with some of the above mentioned veggies.

This is part of my cook what we have before buying experiment. It's amazing what gets pushed to the back of the pantry. I am truly grateful to be this blessed.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.