Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discussion, pictures, conjectures, lies and other informational stuff while we're waiting on Forum Guitar III.

Part II  continuing thread http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=24009
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

ok, so he we are, waiting. Doesn't bother me any. Just thought I would be annoying.  :humour:

Don't forget the Spring Equinox is on March 20  :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: Randy_R on January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM
Discussion, pictures, conjectures, lies and other informational stuff while we're waiting on Forum Guitar III.

Part II  continuing thread http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=24009
Nice honest title, that's a good start.

I am waiting..............................
Jeffrey

me tooo......

DS        wife
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Quote from: Daysailer on January 16, 2009, 10:29:31 PM
me tooo......

DS        wife
Can I have that for my sig. LOL man that beats Jeff's hockey trippers.
       That's what happened to me all thru Jr. High.

I got some more for you Danny lol

I like the second one the best!!
Jeffrey

Is that for real or is it messed with? Where do you find these?
             I didn't know penguins could smack their flippers together like that.

I think they are photoshoped

and I had seen these before from one of my friends, so I just copied and pasted on here :)
Jeffrey

Boy do I feel  'one up'd'
Guess i shold feel bad,  but i cant stop laughing      :roll
nice find  :beer
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Quote from: es-335 on January 16, 2009, 10:46:04 PM
I got some more for you Danny lol

Oh my, I haven't laughed like this in a while.  Good medicine, thanks!

Say, does anyone know when my guitar will be finished? :whistling:
Play it daily for best results.

Um...what exactly are we waiting for?

Godot?
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

I admit I don't wait well.   Not my strong suit.   Longest I ever waited was about 6 months for a Martin D-15 lefty.  I got tired of waiting after 6 months and canceled the order with the dealer I had ordered through.   Two days later I found the exact guitar I had ordererd at a shop in a completely different state.   Bought it (for a better price than I was originally quoted) and had it in a week.   
That's the good part.  After a long wait full of expectations all of a sudden it's there.  Miracles happen all the time.
But the bad part is that I never truly loved the guitar from day 1.  It was a fine guitar.  no defects. All mahogany with a nice woody tone but it didn't speak to me at all and I no longer have it.   So the possiblity always exists that the wait won't be worth the payoff at the end.

Do I, for a second, believe this will be a repeat of that experience ?  No way in hell.   This is gonna be a guitar that will be talked about in hushed whispers by future generations and the day the last one rolls out the door will be a day celebrated around the world.   We are going to be part of one of the true milestones in Larrivee lore.  Something unique... inspired....This may be the first guitar I actually name.  Any suggestions ?  I've got some time to think about it.

Tuffytheimpatientpug

And the wait begins. :whistling:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

I don't know about a long wait.

If I keep snacking while I'm posting, instead of what Tuffy does while posting with one hand and playing his git with another,

then the long wait will also turn out for me to be a heavy wait.  :laughin:

ricky

I have two acoustics that I have clicked with over the years and a few I got and returned or sold.  I HOPE this is the guitar that will speak to me.

But I am not sure what it will say? :winkin:
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 17, 2009, 01:10:46 AM
We are going to be part of one of the true milestones in Larrivee lore.  Something unique... inspired....This may be the first guitar I actually name.  Any suggestions ?  I've got some time to think about it.

Tuffy,  I got the mahogany top just like you did and I am thinking of naming mine "Javalina" because I think it is pretty and because it is Spanish for wild sow.

So now that I have that figured out -- what else to do until the equinox?

mary
:blush:

I originally was thinking of a name that meant three such as triad or trinity. Have no idea what mines gonna get named.

PS On the waiting issue, as of Monday I am at month 4 of my epic (for most of you guys anyways) 12-18 month wait for my Ric. It will happen when it happens. :cheers
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

If I'm a waiter I better get at least a twenty five percent tip.

holly (who still has nightmares about that job)
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

If there ever was a topic for creative writing, this is it.

Each of the first posters have unique points of view.

I am pensive like pennerblue, expectant like tuffythepug, stoic like Cybercanyon, getting heavy like rpm60912, hopeful like iDavid, considering foreign language names like kaos, wishing to be symbolic like lyric_girl, and cash poor like strawintogold.

So what's my unique perspective? I'm trying not to think about it.

I'm turning those pensive thoughts toward songwriting. Danny, dependan's, LSV-11 came to live at my house, introduced me to Larrivee, and has already inspired some new songs. After that guitar is broken in and opens up I may get brave enough to record something and post it.

I'm spreading my expectancy like bread upon the waters. Now that my guitar needs are filled to overflowing I'm looking to help some others. Craigslist is my second most visited url, you can guess the first. While I was looking for a bass guitar I saw a posting from my nearby home county from an expectant mom whose husband was injured and temporarily unable to work. He has been invited to play bass guitar in the praise band at his church. So I decided to investigate. If the story checks out I plan to buy a bass and amp for him and just "play my guitars."

I'm bending my stoicism to my will and trying to fill the time with other projects that have gone undone since my Larrivee appetite arrived just before Thanksgiving. Projects like throwing away boxes of old computer parts and clearing the clutter of my bedroom/hobby room to make room for recording and (shudder) having friends over to jam together.

Now anyone who has met me knows Ricky isn't a bad influence on me. I'm getting heavier every year, so I can't relate this one to waiting for my forum guitar. My biggest weakness is WAY TOO MANY Dr Pepper sodas every day. Those in Canada may not know about this wonderful Waco, Texas invention.

I really am hopeful this will be an exquisite instrument with a beautiful voice. I don't think iDavid will mind sharing that hope with everyone who ordered.

Mary, kaos, and I corresponded during the early phases. We both have LSV-11s in spruce and rosewood so we were hopeful for more selection. By golly, ten, sixteen, umpteen orders later she got all hog and I got Italian spruce with mahogany. I already posted my chosen name, Bella Tesora. That is Italian for beautiful treasure. So I include lyric_girl for the symbolism in this foreign language name.

Holly, strawintogold, how can I say this politely? Your forum guitar is already coming stuffed with cash and now you want a 25% tip too?! I aspire to your level of wit, Holly. Your pithy comments are going to take a load off my mind while I am waiting.

Twenty people have probably had time to add posts while I was typing this, so don't feel omitted, just unknown to me while my mind and fingers were engaged.

The moral of my post is, keep those cards, letters, and thoughtful posts coming in. Keep alive the feelings of friendship and camaraderie that are building. Enjoy the gift of music and find ways to share it with others.

God bless,
Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}