Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I get the impression that Jordan was showing us this very much as a work in progress, as an example of what it could look like, and not with the intention of it being published as it is.   I think it will be a fantastic thing to buy as a moment WHEN the whole process is finished, which is what I figured Jordan meant.  I had been saving the pictures myself for the purpose of printing them all at the end but stopped when we got the message from Randy, I totally understand where John is coming from with his caution.  If something like this was to be available to buy when this is over, I would prefer to do that, it looks so much better than I could do.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Nice presentation of the pictures Jordan. thanks
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: BenF on February 21, 2009, 02:28:40 PM
I get the impression that Jordan was showing us this very much as a work in progress, as an example of what it could look like, and not with the intention of it being published as it is.   I think it will be a fantastic thing to buy as a moment WHEN the whole process is finished, which is what I figured Jordan meant.  I had been saving the pictures myself for the purpose of printing them all at the end but stopped when we got the message from Randy, I totally understand where John is coming from with his caution.  If something like this was to be available to buy when this is over, I would prefer to do that, it looks so much better than I could do.
It's just good to be clear all around. John Larrivee is really doing  a good job of keeping us in the loop and responding to requests etc.  I think Jordan is onto something special also. (Just need to honor John Larrivee's request)

Hey everyone.  I quickly put together the photobook just to show everyone what was possible.  I certainly wouldn't do anything without permission from John Larrivee.  After all...he owns the photos and the verbage and it wouldn't be right to do anything with photos that I didn't own.  Also...I would need the high res versions of the photos to get the best results.

I just wanted get an opinion and to spark some discussion.

Kinda cool eh???

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: pennerblue on February 21, 2009, 12:03:41 PM
Good call Mary. I had also been thinking about this...I think a REAL card with actual signatures (hardcopy) would be a nice touch.  I'll buy a card.  If you email me your addresses, I will compile them on a sheet and include it with the card after I sign it. I'll send it to someone who can sign it, cross their name of the list and send it to the next person.  If we got started on this immediately, we could get quite a few folks to sign it before completion.  Whattya think, good idea???

I also really like the idea of of a photo collage of FIII owners and their gits.

Email names and addresses to: penngineering at yahoo dot com

Penner,

I already volunteered to do the card, but Randy said they bought doughnuts before, so I figured that killed the idea of the card.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

I would definately love to have to opportunity to buy a book with all the photos of the process. Just let me know when and where. 

To be clear, I would be in for a Larrivee approved legal in every way copy.   :+1:

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 21, 2009, 05:51:52 PM
Penner,

I already volunteered to do the card, but Randy said they bought doughnuts before, so I figured that killed the idea of the card.

I don't think the card was "killed" at all. We can do both easy enough.  :donut :donut2 will be given by the group attending the tour and everyone that wants to can participate in the card. For that matter if some want to help out with "DOLLARS for DONUTS" we can have a little fund and heap them up with DOUGH for several days.
                  This is all easy stuff (and FUN)      Danny

I'm the one that ordered the donuts last time. I think it was from a grocery store that had a bakery that delivered. Tim Hortons was my first choice, as there are several nearby, but they didn't deliver. Since you are going to be there I expect you could pick them up in the morning before you go in from a Timmies.

Somebody thats going could put up a paypal account to collect for the donuts.

Randy R., Georgia, USA

Quote from: Randy_R on February 21, 2009, 06:57:27 PM
I'm the one that ordered the donuts last time. I think it was from a grocery store that had a bakery that delivered. Tim Hortons was my first choice, as there are several nearby, but they didn't deliver. Since you are going to be there I expect you could pick them up in the morning before you go in from a Timmies.

Somebody thats going put up a paypal account to collect for the donuts.

Mike told us there are no Tim Hortons in Vancouver, but he posted several shops near the factory in the TOUR thread. We do need to know how many people are working at the factory though.

There's a Tim Hortons on Hastings street about 1 mile west of the Larrivee facility, per the Tim Hortns web page.

555 Hastings Street West
Vancouver BC, V6B 5K3
Tel: (604) 642-0348

I'll ask Jim Holler to get a count for us, I think last time the order was for about 30 people, but there weren't guests.

Randy R., Georgia, USA

Quote from: Randy_R on February 21, 2009, 07:17:54 PM
There's a Tim Hortons on Hastings street about 1 mile west of the Larrivee facility, per the Tim Hortns web page.

555 Hastings Street West
Vancouver BC, V6B 5K3
Tel: (604) 642-0348

I'll ask Jim Holler to get a count for us, I think last time the order was for about 30 people, but there weren't guests.

Alright I enjoy Tim H's. Good coffee!

Now I am confused (not unusual). 

Do we really have time to mail a real card all around to everyone that wants to sign it?  Or is that what was suggested? 

I do want to send money for the pastries and I do want to sign the card (seems more realistic to do it "electronically") but will go with the group think.  I am willing to send cash to someone that is going to Vancouver if that would be the easiest way.

mary
:blush:

Quote from: dependan on February 21, 2009, 07:24:02 PM
  Alright I enjoy Tim H's. Good coffee!

Ick, Yuck and I live here. Prefer Starbucks, but I'm not normal according to many fellow coffee drinkers I know here.

Quote from: kaos on February 21, 2009, 08:00:54 PM

Do we really have time to mail a real card all around to everyone that wants to sign it?  Or is that what was suggested? 

I do want to send money for the pastries and I do want to sign the card (seems more realistic to do it "electronically") but will go with the group think.  I am willing to send cash to someone that is going to Vancouver if that would be the easiest way.

mary

I had originally thought, without posting here, that if everybody sent me a pic with them and a Larrivee, I could put something together with everybody's name, city, Forum III #, and words of thanks. David and I have the ability and the supplies to create a small book. Was just my thoughts though.

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 21, 2009, 08:12:11 PM
Ick, Yuck and I live here. Prefer Starbucks, but I'm not normal according to many fellow coffee drinkers I know here.
I've been to Canada a number of times and Tim Hortons is where I like to go for coffee. Starbucks tastes like burnt rubber soaked in old kerosene rags and boiled in water and then served with some fancy name and a high price tag, thus convincing the 9-5 cattle of humanity that they have something special. But then again 300 more are closing down this week so maybe the cows are wising up.

Quote from: kaos on February 21, 2009, 08:00:54 PM

mary
Mary you can mail it to me, I'll most likely be buying the donuts anyway. I can send you my address if you PM me. I don't mind taking care of most of it anyway. Larrivee has been very good to me.    Danny

couldn't agree more :S
Jeffrey

I am so out of the loop on this one...

how do I find if there are any pictures of the guitar I ordered?

Larrivee Forum-III all hog

iDavid

It appears from the picture of the list that shows your number that you are Serial#: 108485.  Its hard to tell for sure because your number is listed but the serial number for your number is kinda cut off in the picture.  If you count back from the last serial number that is visible (and assume that the numbers you can't see are sequential) your serial number is 108485.

All you have to do is then go through all the photos looking for a guitar (or part of a guitar) with that serial number.

EDIT:  I just noticed that there is a picture of your top getting the hole cut out...hehehehe.  Also a picture of your guitar body finished on the rack waiting for paint...

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

I second that. I hate turn down our great "Canadian" chain but the coffee hasn't been that good since they changed it. Still it beats the Coffee Time or Dunkin' Donuts. Timmie's donuts are no worse than anyone else's though.
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson