Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny, did you see the cases??

If you did is it arch topped?
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on March 13, 2009, 10:55:35 PM

These questions are why I only asked to see "my guitar." It's not my place to say any more than what I have said. Monday will bring pictures and commentary from a lot of forum members. I don't know is my answer Jeff. And actually I would excpect it to be an 03 style case myself.
                             But, I don't know
Danny

Can't wait till monday!! please take lots of pictures!!! :)
Jeffrey

Quote from: dependan on March 13, 2009, 10:37:57 PM
               I went to the factory today, met John Jr. saw my git and Tuffy's. I am not saying much more, but I will say I REALLY like my guitar (and Tuffy's) Edwin offered to give my wife and I a tour but I said that I didn't want to be in the way and just wanted to see my guitar. It is sooooooooooo nice.
                I saw many other things but I won't say anymore because it is not my place to say them. These are very nice guitars.
                           Something inside me just unwound when I held that little git and I felt at ease.
Danny

Danny
I sure wish I'd been able to leave a little earlier this week and be there with you when you saw the forum IIIs for the first time.  I bet that white Italian Spruce is more amazing in person that it is in the pictures.    OK..    Now you've got to give it to me straight...    I've got 3 questions...
Did they appear to be using a pretty good grade of mahogany similar to the higher end models ?
How does the 3 dot 12th fret marker look now that they are all assembled ? 
Without divulging any secrets....   is there any chance at all that I'll be able to play mine on Monday ?
just give me a wink or a nod...   :wink:

Wish I was there eating fish and chips and admiring the guitars instead of sitting here nursing a sore mouth and counting the hours down.   I guess I'll just sit here and play the ol'  000-50 and dream.

Danny, enjoy the rest of your trip.   I'll see you at the airport on Sunday.

Thanks for the sneak peak Danny.  Now I really am looking forward to your "full report" next week!    :cheers
Scott

RS-2

Quote from: dependan on March 13, 2009, 10:53:07 PM
  The tuners will be pings, I asked about that

thanks!
Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 12, 2009, 12:27:07 PM
A quote from John Larrivee on facebook.

"Mar-12
We are almost to the point which everyone has been waiting for...<snip>.....Ed knows not to put on any pickguards and each label will be hand numbered.

That's good that they won't attach the guards. It will be easier to buff the finish...and then I can choose which guard I like better....the stock Larrivee or the spare Greven Tortis I have stashed away in a drawer...
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 14, 2009, 12:29:41 AM
Danny
I sure wish I'd been able to leave a little earlier this week and be there with you when you saw the forum IIIs for the first time.  I bet that white Italian Spruce is more amazing in person that it is in the pictures.    OK..    Now you've got to give it to me straight...    I've got 3 questions...
Did they appear to be using a pretty good grade of mahogany similar to the higher end models ?
How does the 3 dot 12th fret marker look now that they are all assembled ? 
Without divulging any secrets....   is there any chance at all that I'll be able to play mine on Monday ?
just give me a wink or a nod...   :wink:

Wish I was there eating fish and chips and admiring the guitars instead of sitting here nursing a sore mouth and counting the hours down.   I guess I'll just sit here and play the ol'  000-50 and dream.

Danny, enjoy the rest of your trip.   I'll see you at the airport on Sunday.

Lynn, even Edwin commented on the look of tour git. But I can say you will be extremely happy, it will compliment your 000-50 MT perfectly. The 3 dots are subtle and very nice.

Quote from: Dotneck on March 14, 2009, 09:08:49 AM
That's good that they won't attach the guards. It will be easier to buff the finish...and then I can choose which guard I like better....the stock Larrivee or the spare Greven Tortis I have stashed away in a drawer...
They actually never stated that they would attach any guards. Jim will do that if it was requested of him and they will be in the case otherwise.
Quote from: Dotneck on March 14, 2009, 09:08:49 AM
I have seen some nice Greven Pg's but I want the clear one myself.
Danny

Hey Danny,

Great posts and keep the updates coming.  Some of us really wanted to be with you folks in Vancouver but the demands of everyday life didn't allow it this time around.

So nobody asked you the big question....

Was your guitar strung (or any of the others) and did you manage to play one of the Forum III gits?

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: Jagadis on March 14, 2009, 11:26:54 AM
Hey Danny,

Great posts and keep the updates coming.  Some of us really wanted to be with you folks in Vancouver but the demands of everyday life didn't allow it this time around.

So nobody asked you the big question....

Was your guitar strung (or any of the others) and did you manage to play one of the Forum III gits?

Jordan.
No

Well...

In an effort to ease the pain associated with waiting the last two weeks for my Forum III guitar...I broke down and dragged my bike out of winter storage.  The temp hit 40F+ in Toronto today and I needed a distraction.  Froze my boys off but it was worth the effort and...it provided a necessary distraction from this forum until Danny, Ricky, Tuffy and the gang can post some picts on Monday from the Mothership in Vancouver.

I've posted a pict in case anyone else likes to ride.  I think Randy has a bike....

Jordan.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: es-335 on March 13, 2009, 10:55:35 PM

If they are using Ping tuners then I bet the 03 case will be what they use.  Works for me.  Although I wish they were using Schallers....

Also, does anyone know if I send a pickup system at this point will they install it for me while they are setting up the guitar???
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

Quote from: Bltprf502 on March 14, 2009, 03:43:42 PM
If they are using Ping tuners then I bet the 03 case will be what they use.  Works for me.  Although I wish they were using Schallers....

Also, does anyone know if I send a pickup system at this point will they install it for me while they are setting up the guitar???

If they can't do it at the factory then Jim can do it at his shop prior to shipping:  unless you are one of the ones who are getting drop-shipped directly to you from the factory.

Quote from: Jagadis on March 14, 2009, 03:41:19 PM
Well...  In an effort to ease the pain associated with waiting the last two weeks for my Forum III guitar...I broke down and dragged my bike out of winter storage.  The temp hit 40F+ in Toronto today and I needed a distraction.  Froze my boys off but it was worth the effort and...it provided a necessary distraction from this forum until Danny, Ricky, Tuffy and the gang can post some picts on Monday from the Mothership in Vancouver.

I've posted a pict in case anyone else likes to ride.  I think Randy has a bike....    Jordan.
Nice looking Harley!  Or is it a Suzuki?  Doubt if its a Honda.  Could it be a Yamastar?  Wonder if its a Kawa Vulcan.  Sorry if I didn't pin it down, it looks like a very comfortable ride.  Do you have heated handgrips?  I sure could use them right now on my Guzzi. 

Oh, the forum guitar:  I'll admit here and now that my enthusiasm for the III has waned.  Perhaps seeing it in person will make things right.  My '40 parlor "toy" guitar has my heart right now. 

But buying FIII will help the economy, right?
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on March 14, 2009, 04:20:48 PM
Nice looking Harley!  Or is it a Suzuki?  Doubt if its a Honda.  Could it be a Yamastar?  Wonder if its a Kawa Vulcan.  Sorry if I didn't pin it down, it looks like a very comfortable ride.  Do you have heated handgrips?  I sure could use them right now on my Guzzi. 

Its a 2007 Yamaha Roadstar Midnight Silverado and its a beast.  Engine displacement is 1700cc (102 cubic inches) and it goes like stink.  There seems to be a relationship between guitar players and motorcycle riders.  I often wonder if its a leftover from the days when there was a relationship between playing the guitar and riding a horse across the wilderness.  Maybe guitars and motorcycles both bring out that natural tendency we all have for freedom and the open road.  There is no heating on my bike.  A good looking girl on the back helps some.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jordan.

Quote from: Jagadis on March 14, 2009, 04:37:27 PM
Its a 2007 Yamaha Roadstar Midnight Silverado and its a beast.  Engine displacement is 1700cc (102 cubic inches) and it goes like stink.  There seems to be a relationship between guitar players and motorcycle riders.  I often wonder if its a leftover from the days when there was a relationship between playing the guitar and riding a horse across the wilderness.  Maybe guitars and motorcycles both bring out that natural tendency we all have for freedom and the open road.  There is no heating on my bike.  A good looking girl on the back helps some.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jordan.
That horse/git deal is it for me. (That's how you get the girl)
Danny

OK, just to let y'all know , I tried to get a few pics out of my phone to show you my F-III, but the Vancity phone system is not jiving with AT&T and won't send them to my e-mail address. Sorry.

Even though I am here, I agree that the wait has worn me down a bit also. A nice touring bike would be very interesting this spring. Say a BMW R100RT like I used to own.
            Oh well, time to practice on d's Webber :guitar
Danny

I would love to partner my Forum III git with a brand new Triumph Street Triple R, but I think that would be pushing my matrimonial luck...  :nana_guitar
2008 Larrivée L-03SO (Grevillea Robusta)
2008 Art & Lutherie Ami Almond
2000 Larrivée OM-02