Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perhaps as part of the build up, you could vow not to sleep until your guitars are in your hands. Looks like you have a pretty good start aleady. :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on March 04, 2009, 04:57:09 AM
Perhaps as part of the build up, you could vow not to sleep until your guitars are in your hands. Looks like you have a pretty good start aleady. :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee
Too much  :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee
         Only one week for me now and I'll leave for the great NorthWest where the Larrivees grow :whistling:

Ah yes, the Great Northwest. It's a wonder that the spruce tops from Vancouver ever darken. If the sun is shining when you land,
it'll be a sign that the gits will be beyond magical.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: dependan on March 03, 2009, 07:13:16 PM
   Just don't call my guitar "cheesy" and we will get along just fine.
                                                     Danny

Didn't mean to offend, which is why I said "in my opinion" and added smilies.  I didn't mention anyone's individual guitar or direct anything to anyone personally at all.  I just said that I didn't like too much herringbone.

That said... Good Lord, man, it's just a guitar.  Not your child or wife.  So maybe be a little less sensitive.   :winkin:

Adam

Quote from: Alpione on March 04, 2009, 09:08:42 AM
Didn't mean to offend, which is why I said "in my opinion" and added smilies.  I didn't mention anyone's individual guitar or direct anything to anyone personally at all.  I just said that I didn't like too much herringbone.

That said... Good Lord, man, it's just a guitar.  Not your child or wife.  So maybe be a little less sensitive.   :winkin:

Adam
Heh Man you haven't read this thread and the two from the beginning, or else you'd know I adopted this "baby".   It even has been named "Danny's Git"
                          Swallow all that with a grain of salt and pray for this obsessed man, I need it.  Thank's for the post, and sorry I'm a little touchy, I'll lighten up.
                                                          Danny

Quote from: dependan on March 04, 2009, 09:15:00 AM
  Heh Man you haven't read this thread and the two from the beginning, or else you'd know I adopted this "baby".   It even has been named "Danny's Git"
                          Swallow all that with a grain of salt and pray for this obsessed man, I need it.  Thank's for the post, and sorry I'm a little touchy, I'll lighten up.
                                                          Danny

Hehe.. I hear ya.  You're right - I haven't read everything from the beginning.  Again - I didn't mean to offend. 

I can really use this guitar, too, though I know my wife is dreading it.  "Embryonic Journey, AGAIN!??!"  "Yeah, baby, but doesn't it sound so much better with Alpine spruce and 12-frets to the body?!"  <SMACK!>

:bgrin:

Adam

Quote from: Alpione on March 04, 2009, 09:22:15 AM

"Yeah, baby, but doesn't it sound so much better with Alpine spruce and 12-frets to the body?!"  <SMACK!>

I still think 12 is too many...I only use four or five anyway....

:?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on March 04, 2009, 09:26:27 AM
I still think 12 is too many...I only use four or five anyway....

:?

aka, "Ultra short scale..."   :smile:

There you go, you could name it 'Stumpy'.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Help finding the pictures.  I can't seem to keep up with you folks - on FEb 20 Randy_R said the pictures were posted, but I can't figure out where.  Please enlighten me.  Thanks -

Quote from: Chasjax on March 04, 2009, 10:56:25 AM
Help finding the pictures.  I can't seem to keep up with you folks - on FEb 20 Randy_R said the pictures were posted, but I can't figure out where.  Please enlighten me.  Thanks -

here  http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=25417.0
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

New photos up on Facebook today.  Very cool.

If if bothers you to look at them....don't look  :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin:

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Got it Randy - thanks.  I also j ust joined Facebook and perused them there.  I'm from Florida but am in Calgary on a project assignment and am thinking about joining ya'll at the March 16th factory tour.  Don't think I can swing it but I'm trying!

Quote from: strawintogold on March 04, 2009, 09:57:17 AM
There you go, you could name it 'Stumpy'.

holly

The politically correct term is "Fret Challenged."

:winkin:

Today's pictures from Facebook have been posted in the picture section.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

TKS, Randy

Finally spotted ..8509.       :nanadance

Cant seem to copy and paste here, but not a 'biggie'....(no problem, in a past decade)

am i dating myself.......

dont answer that.....you will give yourself away too, if you do.
:beer
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

If right mouse click doesn't give you a 'save-as' option, then click on the file name under the picture and it should open a new window on your system with just the pic in it.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

I was talking to a friend of mine today and I mentioned that my new guitar was most likely getting the frets, bridge and nut installed today.  He gave me a dull look and asked "whats that?".  I replied by saying that the guitar got its nipples, belly button and....umm...nuts installed today.

Sound about right?    :roll :roll :roll

My friends think I'm obsessed...and I am.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Still haven't seen 108544, but I'm managing to live precariously through those of you who have seen your guitars. Hopefully, will get to see mine on March 16.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"