Why can't Larrivee offer a OO/12 fret/slothead?

Started by magictwanger, January 16, 2009, 04:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For you Bay area folks I think I saw a 0-60 at Sylvan Music when i was in there about a month ago.  it's not listed on their web site so maybe it's gone.

Quote from: tadol on February 01, 2009, 08:43:30 PM
Hey Danny -  You're probably right, but some people seem to think the slothead break angle and the larger soundhole on the traditional series would make a difference - And did anyone ever figure out if the bracing is a little different on the trad. series?
Tad

I did notice the sharper angle of that slothead.

Now, I should look high and low for a OOO-50 preferably OOO-60 to test drive.

I'm curious now about the bigger soundhole and bracing.

Thanks everyone and "shuffle" all the way from the UK...  :donut :coffee :donut :donut2

ricky

NOTE: Since I already got an OO I thought I'd try a OOO with slothead.

I'll be hitting Sylvan when I go visit my son in the next couple weeks, and see if it is there. I'll also play the baritone a while, which is another guitar I'd like to get onto an eventual Forum list -  Forum 5 maybe?   :bgrin:

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Broke my heart when they dropped them !  These little guitars are one of the sweetest sounding larrivee's I have found.  I have a OO-60 I would part with but I will not give it away, fair money only.  I have the bug for a National Style O and would let one of my OO-60's go to get one. 

Quote from: OO-60 Guy on March 03, 2009, 06:23:04 PM
Broke my heart when they dropped them !  These little guitars are one of the sweetest sounding larrivee's I have found.  I have a OO-60 I would part with but I will not give it away, fair money only.  I have the bug for a National Style O and would let one of my OO-60's go to get one. 

?? One of them ?? we want pictures..  :gotpics:

Then put a post in the forsale and/or trade sections.

Welcome to the forum.  :donut2 :donut :coffee
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

QuoteBroke my heart when they dropped them !  These little guitars are one of the sweetest sounding larrivee's I have found.  I have a OO-60 I would part with but I will not give it away, fair money only.  I have the bug for a National Style O and would let one of my OO-60's go to get one.

Now that's funny because I'm thinking of letting one of my 00-50's go though with this economy it may be tough getting what it's worth.  The traditional 00's are super guitars.

gtrplayer 

If anyone decides to let go of a 00-50 or 00-60 (or 00 anything) before the arrival of their FIII let me know, I might be interested. Unless, of course, there's a FIV in the works. . .  :winkin:

I sometimes think of letting go of my suburst 00-50.  If it ever happens, I will make sure the forum knows about it first.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Quote from: Tycho on March 05, 2009, 02:57:47 PM
I sometimes think of letting go of my suburst 00-50.  If it ever happens, I will make sure the forum knows about it first.

:gotpics:

ricky

No.  I'm technically challenged.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Quote from: Tycho on March 06, 2009, 07:45:25 AM

In that case you need to sell it someone who can do pictures.  Forum rules i believe. :humour:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on March 06, 2009, 08:02:32 AM
In that case you need to sell it someone who can do pictures.  Forum rules i believe. :humour:

I believe I may be able to help in the "buying" department; I wouldn't post pictures either, to honor the previous owner!  :humour:

ricky

Quote from: Tycho on March 06, 2009, 07:45:25 AM
Tycho if you take some digital pics and e-mail them to me I'll post them for you. I would like to see this one myself.
                                Danny

I was looking around for an 00-60 and found a used one on the Guitar Center web site.  I'm going to pass but thought some one here might be interested.

Ricky wrote: "I have postponed the $180 K&K pwm pick-up for my OO-09 to justify paying off my FG III."

What K&K are you getting that is this expensive? PWM's are about $80 USD.  I bought the complete Trinity System with PWM, microphone, and Trinity pre-amp, for about $250 usd, delivered to my door. If someone is charging you a hundred bucks to put in the PWM, its too much. It will take less than a half hour to install including changing the strings.

I'd reccomend doing it yourself. It is VERY EASY to install.

Quote from: GA-ME on March 08, 2009, 07:19:34 AM
Ricky wrote: "I have postponed the $180 K&K pwm pick-up for my OO-09 to justify paying off my FG III."

What K&K are you getting that is this expensive? PWM's are about $80 USD.  I bought the complete Trinity System with PWM, microphone, and Trinity pre-amp, for about $250 usd, delivered to my door. If someone is charging you a hundred bucks to put in the PWM, its too much. It will take less than a half hour to install including changing the strings.

I'd reccomend doing it yourself. It is VERY EASY to install.

I was going to install it myself but I chickened out.  I paid $180 CAD installed; so divided that by 1.25 or 1.3 to get the USD equivalent.

My wife and I are travelling to Portland before going to the Factory Tour this Friday, Lord willing. I understand that K&K's are Made in Oregon.  So I wonder if I can pick up

2 or 3 K&K pwm units - to install in my OO-09, FG III LSV-03R, and future Larris (still in the store).

If you know any dealers I can buy them from cheaper and delivered at my door - please advise.

I appreciate your concern.

ricky

Ricky, the CAD conversion works out to be quite a fair price for the pick-up and instalation! Roughly what a good tech should charge for a half hours worth of work.
I have ordered several of the K&K pick-ups as well as a couple of pre-amps from Blue Star Music, an online company, with good results. They ship fast, but it looks like their prices have increased considerably since I last ordered.

You should really try installing it yourself Ricky...it's truly easy and nearly foolproof.  You make the little jig in the instructions and practice the movement a few times...really not difficult at all, you save some $ and you can tell everyone you did it yourself. 

I've done it 3 times, in the L-03 I used to have, the L-03R I have now and the OO-50.  All sound amazing with the PWM and the Pure Preamp. 

I would suggest looking at the PWM "seconds" that K&K sells on ebay....you can get them for around 65 delivered...they are sold buy the actual company and have some superficial issues that DO NOT affect tone....and they look just fine when installed!  Mine sounds fantastic!

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Quote from: rpm60912 on March 08, 2009, 07:46:10 PM
I was going to install it myself but I chickened out.  I paid $180 CAD installed; so divided that by 1.25 or 1.3 to get the USD equivalent.

My wife and I are travelling to Portland before going to the Factory Tour this Friday, Lord willing. I understand that K&K's are Made in Oregon.  So I wonder if I can pick up

2 or 3 K&K pwm units - to install in my OO-09, FG III LSV-03R, and future Larris (still in the store).

If you know any dealers I can buy them from cheaper and delivered at my door - please advise.

I appreciate your concern.

ricky
ricky, I'll help you put one in while we are in Vancouver, just bring a git with you. You may want to bring a small one since you will possibly be taking another one back with you :thumbsup      Danny