Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richard Smith  (Read 769 times)
alan68uk

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

I'm going to see Richard Smith on the 29th can't wait. The guy is a finger picking wizard.
I found out about him five years ago when he was supporting Tommy Emmanuel ,what a show that was. Anyway if anyone is interested ill let you all know how the gig went. :bgrin

RoundLakeDT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »

Yeah, do let us know.  Have just heard "of" him, not his music unfortunately.  Where's the gig?

Dave

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »

Alan
You will enjoy Richard's show.   I saw him a couple months ago at a very small venue where I was about 8 feet from where he was sitting.  Remarkable is all I can say.   A very charming British wit to go with incredible chops.
Don't hesitate to approach him at a break or after the show;  he is happy to talk about his music and guitars.
Hope he teaches you the trick about how to make your guitar sound like an entire band including the snare drum !
Enjoy

Tuffythepug
alan68uk

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »

Well he is doing a workshop in the daytime before the gig so fingers crossed if i get the time off work id like to go to that as well.

Dave,
 I tried to embed a you tube video here for your viewing pleasure but I'm still trying to work out how to do it.

Tuffy,
 The gig I'm going to is at a local acoustic guitar club . Usually its just regular people getting on stage and doing a couple of tunes each , but sometimes they get a professional in. Its a very small venue 50 people tops so ill be there early for a front row seat.

When i go to that gig i already know what will happen. Ill sit there all night without even blinking watching every single movement of the fingers and every movement of the right hand .Then ill race home and try to copy what i just saw ,but guess what as soon as i pick up the guitar my mind will empty its self of all musical knowledge and my fingers will turn into bananas. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: