Bought Another One... This Place Is Dangerous.

Started by Stratokatsu, January 08, 2009, 09:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here it is... Very different tone than my Taylor jumbo, also sapele, but it has mediums on it and I don't know what the Larrivee has arrived with. I'll just play them out for a few days and them put on something heavy as I like. Amazing difference in tone based on pick selection. It's much more noticeable than on some other guitars. I winder why that is?

Body Shot

Maple Binding... mmmmmmmmmmmm maple!

Herringbone Rosette

Larrivee L03SP, (all sapele)
Taylor 110
Martin DSM
Silver Creek T-160

:nana_guitar  She's very sweet looking  :nana_guitar  Congrats
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Hmmmmmmmmmm... herringbone rosette in the soundhole... reminds me of... Spring !!!

:nice guitar: ricky

Why am I suddenly craving HAM???
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

I may have worn out the strings already. At least I know I've worn out my fingers. Compared to my other guitars, this isn't as boomy as a Martin may have been, but it has something about it I like. I have a feeling these are light strings, so a set of phosphor bronze mediums would probably move the tone in the direction I like.

I put heavy chrome tuner buttons on it and put the ebony away. I don't know why the ebony doesn't look right to me, but no big deal. It already has a bone saddle. So, I guess I'll try a set of basswood or bone bridge pins I have and see how they sound, (if there's any difference), and the strings like I mentioned.

Tomorrow night I'll be home alone, so I can bang on guitars as much as I want. By Friday, I should be ready to do all this experimentation.

This is definitely a guitar you can catch yourself staring at. The reddish sapele with the cream colored maple around it just tends to make me stare.
Taylor 110
Martin DSM
Silver Creek T-160

Quote from: pennerblue on January 14, 2009, 07:21:27 PM
Why am I suddenly craving HAM???
Oin'ked if I know - now that you mentioned it - I feel like some bacon... Hey Strato, that's a mean boar -  congratulations  :thumbsup
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Ahhhh, Nice indeed,  :thumb :thumb, remember what I told ya', don't get to excited, you'll be on to another soon.   :humour:
Cheers
fongie

I don't know fongie... maybe not so much another guitar as getting back to lessons.  Ever since one particular teacher I had moved to the west coast of Florida, I haven't been able to stick with any particular teacher, either because we couldn't communicate or in the case of the last one, who is still a friend, because my money got tight and I simply had to stop shelling out $40 an hour every week. I'd like to get back to lessons more than looking for another guitar.

Time to get to work!
Taylor 110
Martin DSM
Silver Creek T-160

Time to get to work!
[/quote]
Yep, that can be a start, but I know where your comin' from, Man, it's always easy said then done, right? Well man, I hope it all work out for ya'
Cheers
fongie

You mean we're supposed to practice and play these things?

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: Broadus on January 16, 2009, 08:43:16 AM
You mean we're supposed to practice and play these things?
There's a rumor to that effect, but nobody has been able to prove it. It's just a rumor.    :doh
Taylor 110
Martin DSM
Silver Creek T-160