Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Guitar Movies  (Read 3143 times)
carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 10:24:44 PM »

What about Sweet & Lowdown all about the second best guitarist in the world (after Django).Great movie.

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »

Bluegrass Journey is my absolute favourite musical DVD.Well worth tracking down.

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 01:34:23 AM »

How about "Heartworn Highway"...I've only seen youtube clips, but this is on my "to get" list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM3QBP3zq7g
Rodney Crowell doing Bluebird Wine

This homespun documentary soundtrack celebrates a circle of some of the finest songwriters in progressive country, just as they were starting to come into their own. The intimate informality of the mid-'70s performances finds Guy Clark at the center of that circle of Texans relocated to Nashville, with the then-unknown Rodney Crowell and Steve Earle among his acolytes. All of them sound impossibly, irrepressibly young, though the early songs of Townes Van Zandt (particularly "Waitin' 'Round to Die") already carried the world on their back. Among the highlights are a Christmas Eve party at the Nashville home of Guy and Susannah Clark, where the singalong ranged from his "That Old Time Feeling" to the Crowell-led finale of a spirited "Silent Night." It's fascinating to hear these artists in their formative stages, making music for fun and for each other, in light of what they would become. --Don McLeese 

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

gluve1

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 02:53:34 AM »

how about any great music movie. exp. The Commitments. or Music From The heart is very inspiering movie.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: