Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tascam DP-02CF incoming !!  (Read 501 times)
obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2009, 12:18:12 AM »

Its ordered and should arrive any day, Im really excited as this is my first entry into the world of recording. Ive been borrowing a friends Tascam DP-01FX/CD for a while and decided to take the plunge and buy one myself, (plus he wanted it back!).  Ive bought a few mics and stands to get the ball rolling, and commandeered the Dining area in the house as a makeshift studio, (which is really just a little cove that Ive put a couple of office partitions at the end of to stop the kids getting in!)

It'll be great for catching all those little things I stumble across when Im just noodling. You know the ones, you think "that's cool" but the next day you cant remember what you did and its gone !

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Dr.Z Mini Z.
Eastman 805V Mandolin.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
dandy505

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »

+1
I bought one last year, fun device and not hard to learn and use... start dropping a few tracks down and it gets sounding pretty rich and cool. Fade them left and right and it gets downright sweet. Boy, technology has come a long way! This unit also allows more than 8 tracks b/c you can merge a bunch of tracks into one and then have room to add more ~ should 8 not be enough!

Larrivee L-04  .  Fishman Rare Earth  .  Roland AC-60  .  Tascam DP-02CF
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
obe-wan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:38:21 PM »

Gday guys ! Well Ive laid down a few acoustic blues tracks with vocals, guitar and harmonica, and Ive got some pretty good results if I do say so myself. Its kinda weird hearing your own voice from outside your head ! I have been using a Sennhieser e815s for vocals and a EV Co4 for guitar, which have yielded nice accurate recordings of what I think it should sound like, but I am in the process of selling off some other mics to fund an AKG Perception 120 condenser mic. I have been told that Ive just dipped my toe into a very deep pond, so to speak, I'll be interested to see what gear I'll have in a year or 2 ?

Oh, also bought an Alesis Nanoverb, just to add a little juice to the recording. Fun, fun, fun...... bigrin

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin 00-18V.
Gibson SG Classic.
Dr.Z Mini Z.
Eastman 805V Mandolin.

Still no Larrivee.... :-(

Upwey, Victoria, Australia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: