Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don Ross & Andy McKee at the 2008 Ottawa Folk Festival  (Read 744 times)
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:34:19 PM »

I know there are some Don Ross and Andy McKee fans  here, so I thought I would post a link to some concert audio, courtesy of CBC.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/cod/concerts/20080814dross

Ron

gschaps

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 01:59:47 AM »

I know there are some Don Ross and Andy McKee fans here ...
If you haven't already, see their YouTube videos.  Wow! 

Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 04:03:04 AM »

I was watching a Beppa Gambetta DVD not long ago and there's a number that Don did with Beppe where Don sang in French. It was one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.  Simply beautiful performance.  Don is way more than just cool guitar licks!

alan68uk

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »

I got into Don Ross about a year ago . So i did some research an found out that he is signed to Candy Rat Records so i looked at the artist roster for CRR and guess what, they are all geniuses guitar players every one of them, maybe its something they put in the coffee up there .They all seem to play in open tunings too things like low C.
 anyway I'm not to sure how they do it but it sounds good to me.

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 09:27:36 PM »

I found a Ron Ross cd on amazon that looks like a good way to hear his stuff, it is a double cd.  I ordered it because it said UK seller.  There were about six available, mostly about £70-£80 plus international shipping, but this one was new, for £12.  So I ordered it.  I got an email 12 days later saying had been shipped from Sweden.  Great.  angry I ot an email three days ago saying it had been shipped from the USA, and should be with me within 15 working days.  Double great. mad

A bargain, but I hope I get to hear some Don Ross before I grow too old to hear at all. ohmy

If the arthritis permits me to type, I'll let you know what I think!!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
alan68uk

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 10:12:01 PM »

Ben,
 Sorry to here that .Why not try itunes i got two Don Ross Cd's from there "Passion Session"and "Live in your head" I always try to get live Cd's when i can and i can recommend Live in your head for that reason.
regards Alan.

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 07:31:10 PM »

My CD arrived yesterday, two days after the email sying it would be 15 days.  I have never received so many untrue emails about one order before!!

Anyway, it is really good.  Very impressed with all of it.  Thansk form the recommendations.

Ben

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
gschaps

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 10:19:30 PM »

Hi.  This may be a little off topic, but does anyone have any experience with Don Ross' instructional video "Fingerstyle Guitar, Volume 1"?  Thanks.

Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: