Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New old stock DV-03R cutaway dread at a decent price...Anyone have one?  (Read 481 times)
Bltprf502

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2008, 01:21:37 AM »

I have a local dealer that has a new old stock D-03R cutaway and clear pick guard and HSC.  I have seen this guitar a few times and it keeps calling my name to play it...  I mean, it like 4-6 years old so maybe I can mention the price (or not).  It is between 800-850 if that helps.  I have had a few Larrivees, but never a cutaway.  IDo you guys think this is a good deal???/  The label is even different than the modern day ones.  The top has darkened a bit (which I like).  I have never been head over heels for a brand new guitar as they take time and I already own more than a few guitars now... I know the new Forum III is comming out, but I own so many small body guitars... Should I consider this one as a companion to my P-03 walnut/bearclaw spruce special edition?  Come on Larrivites come fourth and make your opinion known!!!

A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 02:27:35 AM »

I have a local dealer that has a new old stock D-03R cutaway and clear pick guard and HSC.  I have seen this guitar a few times and it keeps calling my name to play it...  I mean, it like 4-6 years old so maybe I can mention the price (or not).  It is between 800-850 if that helps.  I have had a few Larrivees, but never a cutaway.  IDo you guys think this is a good deal???/  The label is even different than the modern day ones.  The top has darkened a bit (which I like).  I have never been head over heels for a brand new guitar as they take time and I already own more than a few guitars now... I know the new Forum III is comming out, but I own so many small body guitars... Should I consider this one as a companion to my P-03 walnut/bearclaw spruce special edition?  Come on Larrivites come forth and make your opinion known!!!

Well, the price is fine for a new cutaway dreadnaught rosewood guitar.  Can you handle the 1 11/16" nut?  Do you play past the 14th fret?  Is the saddle at a normal height, or is it low?  Are there a lot of scratches on the pickguard from being in the showroom? 

Most importantly, does it play well and sound really good to your ears?  Although I don't like cutaways on dreads, you might be a lucky guy with this one!

Play it daily for best results.
Bltprf502

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 02:46:27 AM »

Its all stock.... Including the Poly web Elixers!  No scratches that I saw.  Action is normal.  I play what ever is in the cards for the moment.  I'm not afraid of a cutaway guitar.  I can play any width nut in a guitar.  Especially for a strummer "dread".  Has some godd blue grass tones and sems to be well opened up....

A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:19:21 AM »

Then barring some unforseen thing, what are you waiting for?   nice guitar

Play it daily for best results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: