Got Dogs......?

Started by es-335, December 21, 2008, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

And Souris, our little mouse.   

And Minette or Mini. Full grown at 2 pounds.

We also have Nina who is a rescue dog waiting patiently for us in Mexico. She's looking so much better than when we left her.

Our new puppy Ripples is still in the camera. I haven't dumped the pics into my computer yet. He's a cutey too.

Just thought I would link those interested to Skidboot. If you love dogs you will love this video.

Enjoy   :beer
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on May 11, 2013, 05:32:39 PM
Just thought I would link those interested to Skidboot. If you love dogs you will love this video.

Enjoy   :beer
Roger I loved this video and so did my wife. Our oldest grandson is a Farrier and has a blue healer as well. Such a humble cowboy and so much joy in his sharing Skidboot with the rest of us.
    The only part that saddened me was that he is going blind, my old dog Gump went blind about a year before he died. Yet he found his way around and did well for that year, right up to the end.

MY white shepherd is ready for the NHL play-offs.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

I have two chocolate labs. One is 3 years old and is the mother of our 9 week old pup. Both are females and are loving dogs.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Such great pics and stories.  It's making me want to get myself a four-legged buddy!!

Our lab pup is growing up! She's keeping a watchful eye on our 3 yr old granddaughter right now.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

At the moment I have two dogs. One is a sweet pug who is right at my feet resting.The other is a Bassett hound. They wandered through my open garage door into my back yard.
    I fed them and called a number on the Bassets tag.

It feels nice to have them hanging around for now.

Edit: Not a pug, a French bull dog

Sweet dawgs

Edit: we found the owners the same day

I don't have a dog, but I love checking this thread.  I have smiled--and almost cried too!!

Jim Holler put a link to this on FB. I thought it might fit here as well.

http://m.now.msn.com/dogs-welcome-home-military-owners-in-viral-video?ocid=vt_fbmsnnow

Maggie the Dog....
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

:humour:
How true....
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

I was thinking of all the dogs running around lost today. Along with other animals that had been frightened to the extent they broke out of confinement and ran off in search of a safe place.
   Along with all the tumultuous noise and beautiful display of sky candy we heard the howling and crying of the dogs last night.

I just don't get why folks would leave their pets outside on July 4th :?

Just found out our Mexican rescue dog's boarding fees have hit $600.00! We better get there soon or we'll have the most valuable mutt in Mexico.

Dan, fireworks play hell on poor doggies even in the house. They have pretty sensitive ears. I've yet to see a dog who liked them.

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 05, 2013, 08:13:20 AM
Just found out our Mexican rescue dog's boarding fees have hit $600.00! We better get there soon or we'll have the most valuable mutt in Mexico.

Dan, fireworks play hell on poor doggies even in the house. They have pretty sensitive ears. I've yet to see a dog who liked them.
That is a valuable mutt at $600 already.

Our Chihuahua would be scared to death of the fearworks, but at least she could come and be at our feet or get in our lap. We would let the large dogs in as well. They would still be nervous but at least they stopped howling and running around trying to get away from the barrage.  

A little note; we are planning on getting a dog soon. The wife wants a small house dog, I want a big un. Who do you think will win?

Several years ago on the 4th of July, an old lab I had at the time got so upset by the fireworks, which were about 5 miles away, that he managed to break out of the house while we were gone. Pushed out a window screen. A couple of really nice guys brought him home two hours after the fireworks, from info on his tag/collar. They found him, and I quote, " in the middle of the lake going down for the last time." They managed to pull him up into their boat. The lake, Muskegon Lake, was a mile from my home at that time, and it's a really big lake. He'd never before shown any real anxiety before because of fireworks. I was, needless to say, very thankful to those guys. How they ever saw a drowning black lab in the middle of that lake at night I'll never know. 
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

Quote from: Strings4Him on June 02, 2013, 03:37:55 PM
I don't have a dog, but I love checking this thread.  I have smiled--and almost cried too!!

No "almost" about it! That Skidboot video got me good.

Never knew of this thread. I love guitars, but it pale's in comparison to the impact dog's have had, and God willing, will continue to have on my life.

this is Bo. American Brittany. 8. Got him a bit shy of 3 from a rescue. Owned by a hunter who bought him to be a gun dog...and he's gun shy. Wasn't treated too kindly as a result of his "uselessness" (hunters language when he surrendered him).

Had a lot of dog's in my life, but none have connected quite like this guy. He's somethin' special.

Before Bo, I had the cake brothers (per my 6 yr old daughter at the time) Chocolate and Yellow. That's 220 lbs of muscle in this photo. No coincidence that my next dog was a 38 lb nearly shed free lap dog.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"