Got Dogs......?

Started by es-335, December 21, 2008, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.  I love the picture, looks like a nice dog.

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 03, 2011, 06:52:45 PM
  Hang in there, every day gets a little easier as you remember all the good times you spent together. And remember, as long as you hang around this forum Tuffy's name will never be forgotten.

Ditto to that Roger, TtP is embedded in the Larrivee forum, cigar and all.

I don't like dogs, because they make me got afraid  :winkin:

But i like to see the small one, because they are very cute  :smile:

Dashquid
fatlossprofessional.co.uk
fatlossprofessional
mobilehelper
securetrip
whichpetcover
google
abc
facebook
craigslist
WaiTiNg FoR ThE MoSt BeAuTiFul EvEnT In My LiFe

Angus (our priest named), Shaylee (Celtic fairy Princess) and their 3 pups, Arlo, Woody, & Guthrie hmmm where did we here that before.

[attachment deleted by admin]
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Tuffy, sorry to hear about your loss.  13 years is doing great and I'm sure you got a whole lot of life and love from the pug.

-----

Here is Karla, now at 2 1/2 years.  She is turning into a great walker.

Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on May 19, 2011, 11:16:37 PM
Tuffy, sorry to hear about your loss.  13 years is doing great and I'm sure you got a whole lot of life and love from the pug.

-----

Here is Karla, now at 2 1/2 years.  She is turning into a great walker.

Thanks Prof_ Stak
Our loss is still hard to deal with but time heals all wounds and we are slowly getting back to normalcy.  Karla is a great looking dog.   I'm sure she is a good companion.

T

A little puppy humor.....

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said, 'Jesus knows you're here.'

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight off, and froze.

When he heard nothing more, after a bit, he shook his head and continued. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard 'Jesus is watching you.'

Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice.

Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

'Did you say that?' he hissed at the parrot.

'Yep', the parrot confessed, then squawked, 'I'm just trying to warn you that he is watching you.'

The burglar relaxed. 'Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you ?'

'Moses,' replied the bird.

'Moses?' the burglar laughed. 'What kind of people would name a bird Moses?'

'The kind of people that would name a Rottweiler Jesus.'

Oh boy. I completely missed this until today, Lynn.
I'm really sorry to hear this.
People who have never owned a dog don't know how attached we become to them.
My condolences to you.

Quote from: Queequeg on May 20, 2011, 10:45:17 AM
Oh boy. I completely missed this until today, Lynn.
I'm really sorry to hear this.
People who have never owned a dog don't know how attached we become to them.
My condolences to you.

Me too and my wishes exactly!!!!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Lynn,
I, too, missed the original post about Tuffy. I've had many 'friends' through the years and every time one must pass to a better life it hurts. Having lost a good 'friend' last year and with my recent divorce I've decided to do without a dog for a while. When I see all of the great animals my forum friends have I get a twinge of melancholy mixed with liberal doses of envy. Dogs are truly "Man's Best Friend". I people could be as loyal to each other the world would show marked improvement.

f
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 03, 2011, 11:40:13 AM
Well, shoot, there's just no easy way to say this.   It is with a heavy heart that I am reporting the passing of my best friend for the past 13 years.   When I joined the forum I chose the name Tuffythepug in honor of my buddy Tuffy.    We've had him since he was a pup and we were with him as he drew his last breath on Monday morning after declining health over the past several months.   He will forever be remembered as a faithful companion and one of the best dogs a person could hope to know.

Newcomers probably won't take much notice of this but my forum friends who have gotten to know me here will understand how devastating this is to our family.    

Please join me in taking a moment to remember this little guy.
He never met anyone who he didn't take a liking to.  He would have been a terrible guard dog but he was the best companion you could every hope for.

There is a very nice song done by Tuffy and a friend called "Good Dog". I enjoyed it very much and if Lynn would share it here I believe many of you would as well.
     I will leave it to Lynn to post the link if he wants. But wanted to let y'all know he did a fine job on that tune.

[attachment deleted by admin]

On another note. My dog Bubba got into a skunk again. This time she must have got multiple doses of the smelly spray as direct hits.

I bathed her, threw away her bedding and pressure washed the deck. Then I shampooed her again with tomato juice.  She still stinks :yak:, anything else I can do to diminish the smell, other than wait?

I have a new bed to put down for her, but not until she smells better.

I didn't realize Tuffy passed over the rainbow bridge to wait for you when you come. Hard to part with such good friends. When I get there I'll give him a hug for you.

Michael T
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Lynn, I am truly sorry about the loss of a dear canine friend. I had to have my 14 year old American Bulldogge put down about two years ago and it was harder on me than I'd ever imagined it would be. My father was at the vet's office with me when we put her down and it was the only time in the 41 years  I'd been alive then, that I ever remembered seeing my Pop cry. Here is to you getting past the hurt and onward towards the remembrance of the fine and faithful friend that only a great dog can be.

Thanks Jonathan.  I appreciate the kind thoughts.   That goes for everyone who responded earlier, too.    Anyone who has ever loved a pet has, at some point, grieved for their loss.

Tis better to love and lost than....

Leaves a hole in your life, doesn't it Lynn. Grief works good things though and before long it'll be time to bond to another.
My weimaraner is in his last days and just the thought of losing him can turn on the emotions.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Well Bubba still has a faint odor of skunk spray, but we have had her new bedding for a while now, so I gave her some steak fat trimmings, a ruffle on the head and said here's yer new bed. She piled right on it and looks like she's asleep already. I should be, but worked till 1:30 on a commercial freezer that had to be fixed or product would be lost.
  That may account for my edge in other posts I made tonight. No excuse, just the no nonsense side of a hard workin man. (I gotta get a bike and head out)

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html

Click on "tour" from the pull down. I've owned two of them and think three would be a better number. :blush:

Quote from: dependan on July 10, 2011, 03:33:25 AM
 Well Bubba still has a faint odor of skunk spray, but we have had her new bedding for a while now, so I gave her some steak fat trimmings, a ruffle on the head and said here's yer new bed. She piled right on it and looks like she's asleep already. I should be, but worked till 1:30 on a commercial freezer that had to be fixed or product would be lost.
  That may account for my edge in other posts I made tonight. No excuse, just the no nonsense side of a hard workin man. (I gotta get a bike and head out)

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html

Click on "tour" from the pull down. I've owned two of them and think three would be a better number. :blush:

Get yourself one of the classic R800's or something Danny. The new BMW K bikes are so fast that you don't have time to enjoy the scenery.

Here's my cut at it. I have weak willpower. If I own a motorcycle that will go 170 mph, I will eventually try to see what 170mph on a motorcycle feels like.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on July 10, 2011, 07:11:49 AM
Get yourself one of the classic R800's or something Danny. The new BMW K bikes are so fast that you don't have time to enjoy the scenery.

Here's my cut at it. I have weak willpower. If I own a motorcycle that will go 170 mph, I will eventually try to see what 170mph on a motorcycle feels like.

One of the bikes I had was a R-800 RT conversion. To a R-100RT. You need the extra power to push into the wind with a touring bike. I also had a K-100 LT, it was a little faster and I did push it as fast as it would go. But it would top out around 135 and the faring with a windshield etc would not let you get any more speed.
    I drove for 5 hours straight at that speed into west Texas on I-10 once, just to do it. No radar detector, just a level horizon and very few cars.
     Problem was I couldn't slow down once I got off the freeway and almost lost it on the country roads. Speed can be addictive.

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)