Pages: 1 ... 15 [16] 17 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got Dogs......?  (Read 71440 times)
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »

My dog likes to do that too.  It doesn't make any difference what size the dog is.  He just likes to play.

Those are amazing pictures -- very clear, sharp, and colorful.  What kind of camera did you use?

WileE
Those pictures were taken by my step son the Marine, he bought that camera in Japan when he was stationed there and I think he paid a few thousand for it. He has always taken remarkable pictures even with his first Sony digital when he was in high school.

Here are a couple pictures from my camera with me behind the button, big difference.
Size really doesn't matter to Winston either. Thats his pal Jake from up north, next summer Jake will be towering over Winston.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
WileE

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2011, 09:53:24 PM »

Those pictures were taken by my step son the Marine, he bought that camera in Japan when he was stationed there and I think he paid a few thousand for it. He has always taken remarkable pictures even with his first Sony digital when he was in high school.

Here are a couple pictures from my camera with me behind the button, big difference.
Size really doesn't matter to Winston either. Thats his pal Jake from up north, next summer Jake will be towering over Winston.

Nice pictures though.  They look like they're having fun.

Larrivee 00-40R
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: January 08, 2011, 12:44:08 AM »

How about a 170# "Lapdog"?  This is Festus, our 3 year old Great Dane on my lap....(I'm 6'4".... wacko)

Wow! What a beast! What type of disposition does he have? I think I'd call him Boss.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2011, 04:42:48 PM »

Filly the 8 month old puppy seems to like the snow as much as she likes the water....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
rwskaggs

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: January 10, 2011, 06:09:22 PM »

Wow! What a beast! What type of disposition does he have? I think I'd call him Boss.

We've had three Great Danes, and they've all been big babies - they'll roar at the door when someone knocks and then run to get a stuffed teddy bear to present to the visitor.  Intimidating, but really harmless.

That big fellow gets very nervous if he doesn't get some "lap time" with me for a bit every day.... 

RW Skaggs, the tinman:

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart   Guitar" SJ; Osage Orange; Master Grade Italian Spruce; Inlay by Jimi Wingert   :D
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar + Italian double top
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl
Seagull Parlor in Nashville high tuning
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2011, 06:59:14 PM »

We've had three Great Danes, and they've all been big babies - they'll roar at the door when someone knocks and then run to get a stuffed teddy bear to present to the visitor.  Intimidating, but really harmless.

That big fellow gets very nervous if he doesn't get some "lap time" with me for a bit every day.... 

I have had little close encounters with Great Danes, but an acquaintance told me they had to have their GD destroyed for the aggressive behavior exhibited by it.

Pain is a good thing
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »

Filly the 8 month old puppy seems to like the snow as much as she likes the water....

Randy, did you take your dog to a ski resort or do you live in the northern part of Georgia?

Roger

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »

Randy, did you take your dog to a ski resort or do you live in the northern part of Georgia?

Thats a shot out the front door this morning.....

I'm an hour north of Atlanta.

The good news is (unlike Michigan), it'll be gone in a week or so.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2011, 11:33:32 PM »

Black dog + white snow = cool picture
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2011, 11:51:11 PM »

Thats a shot out the front door this morning.....

I'm an hour north of Atlanta.

The good news is (unlike Michigan), it'll be gone in a week or so.

In Michigan it could be gone in a week or two, then be back in May. 

Roger

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #310 on: March 03, 2011, 05:40:13 PM »

Well, shoot, there's just no easy way to say this.   It is with a heavy heart that I am reporting the passing of my best friend for the past 13 years.   When I joined the forum I chose the name Tuffythepug in honor of my buddy Tuffy.    We've had him since he was a pup and we were with him as he drew his last breath on Monday morning after declining health over the past several months.   He will forever be remembered as a faithful companion and one of the best dogs a person could hope to know.

Newcomers probably won't take much notice of this but my forum friends who have gotten to know me here will understand how devastating this is to our family.   

Please join me in taking a moment to remember this little guy.
He never met anyone who he didn't take a liking to.  He would have been a terrible guard dog but he was the best companion you could every hope for.

broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »

That is sad, sorry to hear your friend is gone.

Pain is a good thing
cke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »

I am so sorry, Tuffy. We have a ranch with over 60 animals and they are all family. It hurts to lose them. Tuffy seemed like one of your children, though.

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »

My condolences.  It's very hard to loose a beloved pet.

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

WileE

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »

I am really sorry to hear that.  I feel for you and your family.

WileE

Larrivee 00-40R
scoutsteffLV

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: March 04, 2011, 12:06:52 AM »

so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my lab 5 years ago and miss him still. all my best to you and your family. scout and steffie are my current brood. both airedales, both are girls and they love my neighbor's pug joey.

larrivee om-03
fender am std telecaster fralin unbucker neck, fralin sp43 bridge
burny les paul super grade fralin pure paf
victoria 5112
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #316 on: March 04, 2011, 12:22:38 AM »

scoutsteffLV,
  Yeah, I know that it's going to take a long, long time for us to get over this loss.  We are trying hard to focus on all the fun he brought into our lives rather than dwell on the hole left in our hearts.   

Your Aerdales are great looking dogs.    We have a good friend who has one and we just love her.    We had thought about getting one ourselves but we just don't have a big enough yard or enough energy to keep up with a large dog.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2011, 12:39:58 AM »

My condolences.  It's very hard to loose a beloved pet.

Kurt
+1   The heartache does go away, but it takes some time. Memories of Gump made me weep for several months, but now they are all good ones, (except his illness at the end).

Don't know what else to say Lynn, sorry I don't have better words to console you. Tuffy was a good dog and well loved. He had the best life a dog could have and I'm glad I got to see him.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
norton

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2011, 12:49:04 AM »

So sorry to hear about Tuffy.  I haven't frequented this forum enough to really know anyone, but I always recognized you because of the great photo.  Godspeed Tuffy.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: March 04, 2011, 12:52:45 AM »

Lynn,
So sorry to hear that Tuffy has passed, I know exactly what you and your family are going through. It's hard to lose your best friend.  It took us 2 years before we got another dog but just this morning I said to my wife, maybe Rambo was reincarnated in Winston. He just seems to be a lot like him in spirit.  Hang in there, every day gets a little easier as you remember all the good times you spent together. And remember, as long as you hang around this forum Tuffy's name will never be forgotten.

RIP Tuffy

Roger

Pages: 1 ... 15 [16] 17 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: