Got Dogs......?

Started by es-335, December 21, 2008, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb,

Sorry about the loss of Arthur,  they really are a part of your family. 

Quote from: wyodeb on June 08, 2010, 11:04:27 PM
Lost our little 10-year-old Scottie mix the 6th of May. The lupus finally won.
Deb

Sorry to hear that.

Joey (our 12 year old Aussie in my signature) has had Lupus for about 7 years he is on a regimen of Prednisone, Tetracycline, Niacinimide and Vitamin E. He has his days but he is still a happy dog.
The Dude abides.

Quote from: NotRevGDavis on June 08, 2010, 03:21:56 PM
37 lbs. today- remember those fifties black and white movies where things were exposed to radiation they became HUGE! That's our not so little guy.

Cool dogs Border Collies I just don't have the energy- luckily he is young enough to train and a very good looking too. A friend got a Border Collie right after we got Joey and he lost 40 lbs the first year and a half he owned her.
I know what you mean about the energy. He's either on or off. And when he's on, he's on full bore. I can't really afford to lose 40 pounds and don't have enough hair as it is. We're still working on the training thing... I'm hoping to get him into agility activities now.
Larrivee 00-40R

Quote from: wyodeb on June 08, 2010, 11:04:27 PM
Lost our little 10-year-old Scottie mix the 6th of May. The lupus finally won. He was a character and we miss him. (I still haven't put his kennel/bed/dish away). It was the day before we picked up our daughter from her first year of college. She didn't get to say goodbye. What a horrible day!

We have a curly-coated retriever who is 7. He is big and smart and very sweet. He's such a goofball. I think he clowns around just to get us to laugh. He was lost for awhile after Arthur died, but seems to be enjoying being an only dog now. We couldn't take Arthur for car rides much, now Bug thinks every time we go out the door he's going for a ride. He is an excellent car dog.

Deb

I am sorry for your loss too. They just don't have long enough lives.

WileE
Larrivee 00-40R

Quote from: WileE on June 10, 2010, 09:25:14 AM
I know what you mean about the energy. He's either on or off. And when he's on, he's on full bore. I can't really afford to lose 40 pounds and don't have enough hair as it is. We're still working on the training thing... I'm hoping to get him into agility activities now.

I know what you mean about the on and off thing- when Gus is out and about he's full speed ahead when he is in the van he is comatose can't hardly get him up.
There is a new thing that combines agility and herding but I can't remember what the training is called. I'm going to try Gus after he gets snipped.
The Dude abides.

Quote from: dependan on June 08, 2010, 04:45:39 PM
  Gump was a Border Collie stray that I found in the middle of a busy hiway when he was about 6 months old. Just read about him above if you want. Bottom line is he was the best dang dawg this ole country boy ever had. Still hard to talk much about him.

Border Collies are great dogs. And that Berner puppy is so cute.

Yes, I read about Gump and I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully this border collie pup will make him proud.
Larrivee 00-40R

Over 90 degrees in Seattle yesterday and around 90 today.  That's HOT for this town.

Karla is now over 1 1/2 years old and weighs in at 102#, about right according to the vet.

She beat the heat by going in the basement, sleeping in the bathtub (also her idea), and soaking up some breeze from her favorite fan:

Ice water is what she really likes these days.
Play it daily for best results.

I guess thats where the term "dog days of summer" came from????   :laughin:
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I remember when you first posted pictures of Karla as a pup----how times flies and how she has grown.  What a beautiful dog,  looks like she is well taken care of

New dog at Randy's house, introducing Filly the Puppy.

She's a 12 week old Pyrenees mix. I expect she'll be a 90 lb dog when fully mature. Last night was her first time away from her mother and litter mates, so she was lonesome. But very friendly and intelligent. She'll be a great dog.

Randy R., Georgia, USA

Here are new (couple hours old) mini Schnauzer babes. Mama is doing fine and the pups are too, they were born 7-29-10.

[attachment deleted by admin]
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Quote from: Randy_R on August 04, 2010, 08:30:37 AM
New dog at Randy's house

Cute dog at Randy's house..

Quote from: Michael T on August 04, 2010, 08:44:42 AM
Here are new (couple hours old) mini Schnauzer babes. Mama is doing fine and the pups are too, they were born 7-29-10.

When Gus was that old he was the size of his ear now!
The Dude abides.

Our sweet little Chihuahua is missing tonight. We have been looking and knocking on doors but can't find her.
  Her name is Zoe.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thinking of you and Bonnie. Praying you find Zoe safe and sound.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Dan, good luck finding Zoe.

there are a couple of lost pet web sites

http://www.lostdogsearch.com/links.htm
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Dan, as you well know, I have a soft spot for family pets.    I can imagine what you and Bonnie are going through right now.  My thoughts are with you guys as you search for little Zoe.   Hope she turns up with her tail wagging.
It's been a little over a year now since we lost one of our precious pugs to old age and I'm still not over it.

T

The replies are appreciated. Some may know my Dad passed away last Monday and now Zoe is missing.
For those who have pets and love them, you know they are part of your family. Zoe is the most pleasant Chihuahua I have ever seen. She rarely ever barked and was well trained. She fit our family perfectly.

The fact she wouldn't bark much is why we didn't realize that she was missing for about two hours. She just had a bath and loves it after she's dried off and was very energetic. She was out front with me and I lost track of her. She never came back to the garage end of the house where I was and never barked at the front door for someone else to let her in. We have had her about five years and just trusted her a lot. Since she was a quite/patient dog she would just wait at the door.
   A neighbor did see her walking towards our house in the street. Our street dead ends into a longhorn cattle ranch and there are not many homes on this short street. We have a very large lot as well as the other homes and ours backs up to a creek. She was so small and cute I think someone just picked her up and took her away.
    Zoe loved people and would approach them and let them pick her up. She hated tall grass so I seriously doubt she wandered into the ranch or creek area. Though we went to the ranch and have looked all around here. My thoughts are someone has her and will keep her. Sadly some people will try to increase their happiness at the sadness of others.

My son and I have posted on the two sites used in Austin the most and I am going to make a large sign and posters right now.

We have to hope someone will do the right thing and give her back to us. :blush:

Danny I hope you find her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on October 26, 2010, 10:53:46 AM
Danny I hope you find her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ZOE IS BACK

She was just brought back home by the folks who picked her up on Monday. Their daughter had fell in love with her and did not want to give her back. But the parents finally convinced her.

You must know what a relief this is and how great we all feel right now. This is better than ten custom made guitars.  Thank you Lord. :thumbsup

That is AWESOME!!!  The family is back together again