Got Dogs......?

Started by es-335, December 21, 2008, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrow22 and dependan (Danny), condolences to you both on the loss of Tucker and Gump, respectively.  Great looking dogs!

--------------------------------------------------

We're still on the other side of the animal curve, although one of our cats, Licorice, is really old (over 16 years, I think) and sleeping most of the time.

Below, Orion and Karla are protecting the F-III.  Orion is too good at catching and eating hummingbirds.  He needs to get the rats and mice at night.  Karla is almost 90# now and will be 9 months old in a couple of weeks.  She is just the sweetest dog you can imagine on our walks, greeting each person and wanting love.  Back at home she reverts to a puppy and wants to play (rough).  Outside she puts on a halo.   :tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: markyboy on February 25, 2009, 10:05:32 PM
She's a mutt, but she's a sweetie

Here is the new addition to the family, A 3 year old black lab that aparently had never been in the water

2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!

After the loose of our friend Tucker, we have added to our family with 2 Chocolate Lab puppies (getting big fast)-- so I introduce to my Larrivee family Zuzu (laying in the chair) and Scout (sitting). Both girls are really a joy to have around.   But we sure do miss out Tuck

Zulu and Scout look like they are right at home and having fun.... How did you get both of them to hold still for a minute?

You'll have to update us with more pictures as they grow.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Here is our Rottweiler Karla on the first day we had her last year, at 5-weeks of age ...  followed by her 1-year old photo (now 98#) last month:

Randy, I would love to claim that they posed that way by me telling them to----but the truth is they just happened to jump up in the chair and were like that when we had a camera in hand.

Prof_Stack----that Karla sure has gotten big quickly.  She is beautiful,  what great markings.

Here's our new puppy Sasha Grace trying to get our cat Sophie to play with her...note the perch Sophie uses to keep at eye level!

What's better, Dogs or Cats? My opinion: When I pull out my Larrivee to play and sing, the cat sulks upstairs with her ears back and the puppy lays down at my feet...what do you think my vote is?

Cheers,

S

Scott Southworth
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

After living for just about four years with one dog, we have decided to bring another one into the family. Little brother, Java (from the coffee litter), will be joining the family on December 19.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Very cute, Lyric Girl !  I love the name "Java".

Switching to cats for a moment, here is Orion tonight.  He climbed in while I was playing.  He fell asleep, so my playing must have been very soothing to his impatient soul.   :humour:
Its a good thing Karla (below) doesn't do that.   :laughin:

Lyric- Girl - Java is sure good looking, she want fit in your hand for very long.  We are sure enjoying our labs puppies (8 months old).  And Prof-stack-  that is a perfect fit for your kitty- how much hair gets in your guitar?

Here's Pepper, a 1 y.o. stray we rescued, now 9 and a bit calmer. Probably mostly Border Collie, but too long legged - so something else there too - one of the hunting breeds probably . Very active - thought we'd have to get him a herd of sheep when he was young to keep him out of trouble.

L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)

Pepper is a handsome dog, beautiful markings.  Bet with that mix, he is really smart.

It's great to see all these happy dogs with loving homes  :thumbsup

We've got 5; 4 shelter dogs and 1 stray. 

Here's our newest addition, a Ridgeback mix  who had less than one hour left when we found him at the county pound

Here's our PB Mix (the stray) who is really sweet

Why wait any longer for the world to begin?

God bless the animal lovers!    :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Larrivee L03R

The cost of the chip-ID implants seems to have come way down. The local humane society will implant them for only $20 here where I live. I had my vet implant one during my dog's previous physical. He likes to run if given the chance, although he usually comes home after a brief time. If he runs somewhere and gets lost and loses his collar, at least the chip gives him one more chance for survival.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: pg60 on January 19, 2010, 05:32:00 PM
It's great to see all these happy dogs with loving homes  :thumbsup

We've got 5; 4 shelter dogs and 1 stray. 

Here's our newest addition, a Ridgeback mix  who had less than one hour left when we found him at the county pound

Here's our PB Mix (the stray) who is really sweet

pg60
Last August my wife came home with a stray dog that had been dumped out at her parents farm . She was a nice little dog so we kept her.   She was pregnant and gave us 5 little male pups a month later.    She looks exactly like the white dog in your photo.   
Even the slightly fuzzy-looking tail is the same.   What kind of dog do you think that is ?   We gave away all the pups except one.  The one we kept looks a lot like a doxie in shape and color.

Hey Tuffy,

It's great that you took home a stray!  Unlike my kids, rescued dogs really appreciate being provided for  :wink:

The white dog is a pitbull mix.  Most people seem to think it is PB & Lab although that's just guesses.  Where it gets interesting is that there are a lot of dogs people call "pit bulls", I'm thinking she is part American Bulldog.  SHe is short for a PB though, stubby little legs.

I was worried at first about having a PB mix.  My kids are older but I was worried about the other dogs.    But Daisy Mae is very submissive and gets bullied by smaller dogs if anything.  Not a mean bone in her body!
Why wait any longer for the world to begin?

Here is a couple of our Ruby,  Half Pom half American Eskimo
a bit wind blown in the 1st one.

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Do your dogs love to listen to your Larrivee?  My boxer does.  He will just lay down and listen as long as I play. I guess dogs know quality when they hear it. :smile:
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"