Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got Dogs......?  (Read 71641 times)
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2009, 03:47:03 PM »

Here is Karla, now approaching 5 months of age.  Somewhere north of 50#
She is doing well in her basic obedience class and will later get the intermediate course.  She might be trained as a therapy dog later, if she passes the temperment test. 
Quite a set of lungs on this canine.   ohmy

Getting a 5mo old pup to stay still for a picture can sometimes be a task. Chasing a ball is a lot more fun.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2009, 05:28:40 PM »

That's the beauty of a Rottie, they are more than happy to sit there. Or lie there. Or lean up against you.  Oh, I LOVE the breed!

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2009, 04:19:47 AM »

That's the beauty of a Rottie, they are more than happy to sit there. Or lie there. Or lean up against you.  Oh, I LOVE the breed!
holly

Holly, it sounds like you know the breed!  Karla can be a hellion if we don't get her out for walks enough.  Dang smart as well.  We're glad she has figured out that if she wants to get along with the two cats that she has to be gentle with them.  They're almost buds now.  But when she wants to romp they want nothing to do with her, for some reason...   whistling

Play it daily for best results.
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2009, 04:58:11 AM »

Here is Karla, now 5 1/2 months and around 66 pounds.  Her collar used to be thick and now it looks skinny!  New collar coming up!

morrow22

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2009, 10:42:11 AM »

Karla looks like she would be a great friend.  It also looks like she would feel up your lap quickly. Congratulation on you new family member.
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2009, 02:26:38 PM »

OK, how about a dog that says "I Love You".  Mishka the dog is AWESOME!~!  +1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8j4mi_le-chien-qui-vous-dit-je-taime_animals

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »

Oh *sigh* that Rottie head. I love a big headed dog. Do you do the thing where you grab her jowls and enact the equivalent of an over affectionate grandmother pinching your cheeks?

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »

Oh *sigh* that Rottie head. I love a big headed dog. Do you do the thing where you grab her jowls and enact the equivalent of an over affectionate grandmother pinching your cheeks?

holly

Oh no, I've never met Mishka the dog!  I just came across the video.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »

No, I meant Karla,lol. While I wouldn't recommend doing that to a Rottie you don't know, i wouldn't recommend doing that to ANY Husky. Rotts are long suffering, Huskies will look at you like you are an idiot and then snap,lol.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2009, 03:44:11 PM »

Karla is a lovely girl. Yeah, I remember the collar thing. I think we went through five different sizes before Bo finally grew to adult size.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »

Here's a photo of Karla I HAVE to post, taken a couple days ago.  She is 6 months old and somewhere north of 70#.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »

I'm having a bit of a hard time today. I am 57 years old, but the kid from the country is still in me and is in a bit of pain. I'm not looking for sympathy or attention. Just need to share what's going on today.
             My old dog "Gump" died today, he didn't come up for breakfast, so I went looking for him...
He was over 14 years old and the BEST dog I have ever had. He's been going down hill for a little over a year now, so I knew it was coming. In the end that didn't matter. It's hard to lose a friend as loyal as Gump was.

We buried him on a large hill country ranch, in a very dignified place, wrapped in his favorite blanket. The ranch is owned by someone so famous that I can't say who, just that there is a big connection to music here. I so appreciate the favor shown to me to allow Gump to be buried there. It makes it a little easier to remember the last thing I saw Gump do was his ''security patrol" of the back yard, and the last words I told him were "I love you Gump"

For those of you who understand a country boy and his dog, thanks for just reading this. For those who don't care for these kind of posts, I truly am sorry; But right now I need to let this out of me.

Below is the last picture of Gump and I, he was not doing very good. And I was not happy.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »

Danny,

I offer understanding and condolences. The bond between humans and our pets is stronger than some can imagine. I'm glad I had the chance to meet Gump and I know you really miss him.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2009, 10:57:11 PM »

Danny, sorry for your loss. I remember the times that you had mentioned him, & I'm sure he'll be dearly missed. +1

Here's my pooch, Taz, about a month after we got him He weighed about 38lbs. originally, put on a little more here, is now about 55-60lbs. We saved him from a shelter, ready to be put down. He looks happy now, seing how he has all the food & love he wants! Sometimes, it seems like it's the food that's all he wants! He needs Jenny Craig now!
   Again, Danny, my condolonces. Nothing like a man & his dog.
     Jeff
    And I apologize for his eyes, having alergies. Should have wiped them for those eating!

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
morrow22

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »

Danny,

Sorry for the lose of your friend Gump.  Sounds like you have wonderful memories.   There is nothing like that bond.

Scott
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2009, 11:53:06 PM »

So sorry to hear about Gump. He gave you a great gift, sparing you that awful trip to the vet we all to often have to make. I have discussed it with my three and they have all agreed not to die or get old or sick. It's scary to think about because they are so close in age.

So while I'm not going through what you are now, I break down everytime I even consider the loss of my dogs. So I get it. I'm grateful you have youe Cattle Dog, if ever a dog was made to cheer one up, that's the kind.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2009, 02:04:56 AM »

I really have been helped by all your thoughts, thank you all kindly.

Here are some pics of my two outside dogs. Bubba is 4 or so and we got her from a ranch, we believe she is part coyote. (coydog)
   The other is the little ACD blue healer, "Bandit" she has really grown in the last 2 months. And yes Holly she is a playful and extremely affectionate dog.
                 Neither can replace Gump, but they both have a space that is growing in size in my heart.

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2009, 04:16:55 AM »

Danny,

My heart goes out to you. Dogs are special creatures that keep us human I do believe.

Gump was a good dog. There's a special place in heaven for him.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
morrow22

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2009, 10:06:01 PM »

We lost our friend and family member of  15 1/2 years- over a week ago.  His name is Tucker and is missed terribly.  Attached is his picture.  
We have been Blessed with a Chocolate Lab puppy to keep our other dog Cosmo company.  Cosmo misses his best friend a lot.  I will post a picture of the Chocolate Lab Puppy in another Post-  Tucker deserves a Post totally his.  He is missed and we truly Loved him.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »

Yea, Tucker looks like he was a great friend to have around, I was thinking of my old buddy Gump today. It's not easy to lose these long time companions.
  Thanks for sharing with us Scott and my condolences to you and your family.

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: