Got Dogs......?

Started by es-335, December 21, 2008, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on February 15, 2009, 03:23:00 PM
   I also found something EXTREMELY helpful if you dog ever breaks out with mange. My old dog Gump did last summer do to his immune system being low (all dogs have mange on them, but healthy ones resist it).  I found a bath technique that cured him. He is doing very well now. But he really looked bad for a few months. Lost lots of hair etc. Now all his hair is filled out and he is very spry, all things considered.
         If anyone needs this recipe I'll post it later.  Danny

sure. wish I had it a year ago....

Shadco... looks like those pups like the sunshine.

Spring is just about here in Georgia. The  crocus are starting to bloom. We're due for a couple early morning frosts the next couple days, and hopefully that is the end of winter. Strength got a couple of long walks today, and he's ready for warmer weather.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Randy, the dog in this post looks like mine from this angle. I thought it was at first. I'll put up more pics of him later as well as the formula.

Here's a photo update of Karla, our rottweiler we got last December.  You might remember the really tiny puppy in a thread I started.

Now she's 35+ pounds at 3 1/2 months.  Very smart dog who gets smarter when treats are in my hand.   :winkin:

Play it daily for best results.

Karla's going to be a big girl.... nothing like a sunny day on the back deck.  :smile:
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Very sweet friends you all have.

:coffee  :donut2  :donut
I miss my boy
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I've got a welsh terrier who climbs on to my lap when I play. She either likes the sound of the guitar so much that she wants to get next to it, or she dislikes the sound of my playing so much that she wants to put a stop to it.
Brook Lyn
Brook Taw
Santa Cruz D3140

She's a mutt, but she's a sweetie

2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!

Quote from: markyboy on February 25, 2009, 10:05:32 PM
She's a mutt, but she's a sweetie

Sometimes Mutts make the best dogs.
From the gray in her muzzle it looks like Kaycee has a few more years on her now then when the picture in your Avatar was taken.
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Quote from: bhika on February 26, 2009, 07:28:13 AM
Sometimes Mutts make the best dogs.
From the gray in muzzle it looks like Kaycee has a few more years on her now then when the picture in your Avatar was taken.
Yes, I think mutts can be the most loyal and sweet dogs. (Of course any of them can be)
                 I like that avatar pic a lot. I guess Kaycee must have some Lab' in her.

Kaycee looks right at home there by the water.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Quote from: Randy_R on February 15, 2009, 05:04:23 PM
sure. wish I had it a year ago....

This is a link to the mange cure that worked extremely well for my old dog Gump
          http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cure.html

I can say how I used it if the info. seems confusing. But the testimonies from dog owners there also breaks down the quantities to mix and how they applied it.

Quote from: dependan on February 26, 2009, 08:09:59 AM
                     Yes, I think mutts can be the most loyal and sweet dogs. (Of course any of them can be)
                 I like that avatar pic a lot. I guess Kaycee must have some Lab' in her.

Shes a water lovin' lab/shepard/iduno mix.. the gray started early..She only just turned 7.
2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!

Quote from: markyboy on February 26, 2009, 02:39:51 PM
Shes a water lovin' lab/shepard/iduno mix.. the gray started early..She only just turned 7.

She's still a pup.
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Snapped a few pictures at the AKC show in Seattle last weekend:

Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: strawintogold on January 30, 2009, 01:42:56 PM
I'm sticking with Aussie Merle.

Here's an ACD http://www.dogslife.com.au/__data/page/5948/australian_cattle_dog2.jpg they are short, shaped like a barrel and sort of squat. Prick eared. Shorter muzzle.

Aussie Merle http://www.ashgi.org/color/blue_merles.htm your dog has a nice sloped stop as well and fine bones. No prick eared parent's, you can tell by the location of the ears. Eye set is Aussie.

I know, you are like, shut up it's MY dog. I can't help it....rofl. Sorry. Hoped I haven't been to irritating. You should ignore me, I'm just a little dog, uh, focused. Breed ID is part of what I do for rescues. But it's a lot harder to tell from a photo and I could be totally wrong. If you were a rescue I'd ask for more photos, so take it with a grain of obsessive salt.

Although it was awesome to spot a fuzzy Bull Mastiff and get him to a Mastiff rescue.

holly

I missed this when you posted it....

Interesting thoughts though.  The shelter we got him from had him listed as an Aussie, but then we took him to the vet a week later and they said ACD.  I'll see if I can find some other pictures to see what you think. 

Found some pics:

Zach

Quote from: Zach on March 13, 2009, 06:10:26 PM
I missed this when you posted it....

Interesting thoughts though.  The shelter we got him from had him listed as an Aussie, but then we took him to the vet a week later and they said ACD.  I'll see if I can find some other pictures to see what you think. 

Found some pics:

Dude, that's an Aussie. My vet thinks one of my dogs is a Sight Hound mix. I adore him, he's incredible and I trust him completely but he can't ID dogs. In fact, my expirernce has been vets are the worst at it. rescues nornally do a good job. She may not be full, it's hard to tell but I'd bet dollars to donuts at least one parent was full Aussie. The look in the eye is unmistakable, the bone structure, eyeset and muzzle stop are not ACD by a long shot. Not to mention she's way too tall to be an ACD. They are also a lot rarer than people think. I have seen two in 'real' life and I see a lot of dogs.

Look at sopme pics of ACDs and you'll see what I mean. They are like barrels on legs. They have short harsh coats. Your pup doesn't have prick ear parents on either end. ACD's have prick ears. Keep in mind that the Aussie's you see on that site are almost all show quality. So your pup won't be as fluffly or whatever. She really looks like fun.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Here check this out.

http://www.cattledog.com/misc/intro.html

Scroll down to the bottom, click on that pic, that's a typical ACD and you can get a good idea of height, etc.

http://www.cattledog.com/misc/history.html
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

I just got "Bandit" yesterday, more later. She is already a one man dog (me)
She is a Blue Heeler, ie. Aussie Cattledog

danny

Congratulations Danny. She's so cute as is your grandson. I had no idea you were looking into getting a dog.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on March 23, 2009, 08:49:03 AM
Congratulations Danny. She's so cute as is your grandson. I had no idea you were looking into getting a dog.
I wasn't. This is the only breed I would have been open to getting and my Son-in law asked me if I wanted one.
danny