Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got Dogs......?  (Read 71316 times)
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2009, 11:40:35 PM »

We gave our poodle a hair cut.
Took her to the groomer... and was quoted $58... and after grooming was charged $85 gah......
after that we are gonna keep her shaved from now on...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jeffrey

Stephen Basil

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2009, 11:47:36 PM »

Here's my cat-dog

OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78
LawDogStrgsAttach
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2009, 12:12:06 AM »

Got all three of my time consumers - dogs, law, and guitar.  That's Bandit, the Miniature Australian Shepherd, and Cle'lie, the tri-color Aussie.

McIlroy AJ30 Sitka/East Indian Rosewood
Petros Walnut Creek Grand Concert
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2009, 12:30:24 AM »

Unfortunately we had to take are boy in yesterday to have him put to sleep. It was a very traumatic experience, we loved him so much.

He had been getting weaker for the last year, loosing all the muscle mass at his hips and his back.  For the last week he was unable to control his bladder through the night, then finally that turned into him leaking all the time.

He was on several med's for his pain but he just didn't have the strength to get up anymore without help.  He could make the two stairs to go in and out once he was up.  And he would try his best to be spunky, grab his bone a swing his head back and forth while trying to do his little dance.  But alas, we had to do what was best for him and relieve him of the pain he so valiantly tried to tuff out.

Rest in Peace my buddy Rambo.

Here are a couple pictures of him last 4th of July.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2009, 12:36:06 AM »

Oh I am so sorry. What a noble looking fellow he was. I can't give you all that Rainbow Bridge stuff because I know it doesn't do a damn thing.  All three of my dogs are very close in age, 3, 3 and 1.5 and although I've told them they can't get old and die, I can't bear to imagine any of it.

It's a cruel twist that the gift we give them that means the most, is the one that rips our heart out.  That's all I can say without totally losing it. It's a small comfort but understand that we who love our dogs know how you feel and the depth of your loss resonates in us all.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2009, 12:46:06 AM »

My wife and I thank you holly.

Roger

es-335

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2009, 12:51:42 AM »

He is one good looking dog, Roger.
It is always hard to let go of pet. They come into your family as a pet... and sooner or later they become one of your children.
He was a one lucky fella to be a part of your family.

Jeffrey

Stephen Basil

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2009, 01:00:25 AM »

Man, I know how rough it is to put down your dog... sorry to hear about your loss.

OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78
morrow22

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2009, 01:41:58 AM »

I am so sorry about the lost of your friend Rambo.  He sure was a beautiful dog with kind eyes.  I am sure that you are filled with wonderful memories.  Be Blessed
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2009, 02:17:46 AM »

another picture that I like :)

Jeffrey

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2009, 02:28:41 AM »

Rest in peace Rambo.

I've not been able to talk about it, but this is my eulogy for Sweetie The Dog, 1994-2009. I had to have her put to sleep on January 2nd. It was the hardest thing I've ever done is my life. But 2008 wasn't a good year for her and she was barely able to walk the last few months. Sweetie was my constant companion for most of the last 10 years as I worked out of a home office until I retired in 2007. She was a lab-dalmation mix, short tempered with other dogs until she got to know them very well, but gentle with people.

Sweetie in better days....

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2009, 02:46:31 AM »

Randy,

That's a long life for a big dog. An extraordinarily long life. While the life expectancy for Leo's is nine years, I'm hoping since Lida is on the small side it will be as longer, and longer still for my other two boys.  I'm sorry to hear Sweetie passed, but thankful she was with you as long as she was.

I'm not a believer in time healing much of anything, not a great loss, anyhow, but like I told Roger it is a shared loss and one we understand. Its any easy covenant to enter into, all that warmth and sheer inhibited joy at just being. Dogs are living examples of God's work that we can embrace, something tangible at the end of the day.

I'm not sure loss gets better, but I've been led to believe it gets easier and I hope your heart is eased soon.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
feathersprings

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2009, 03:12:34 AM »

These are our Dogs, Draco and LusaLu are rescue Greyhounds. Smooch is our little Pekingese and the last picture is of one of my little "Dog Horses" Annabelle 

Sherry
Martin 00-28VS Custom "Rosaleen"
Larrivee' P-03MT "Petunia"
feathersprings

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2009, 03:22:49 AM »

Unfortunately we had to take are boy in yesterday to have him put to sleep. It was a very traumatic experience, we loved him so much.

He had been getting weaker for the last year, loosing all the muscle mass at his hips and his back.  For the last week he was unable to control his bladder through the night, then finally that turned into him leaking all the time.

He was on several med's for his pain but he just didn't have the strength to get up anymore without help.  He could make the two stairs to go in and out once he was up.  And he would try his best to be spunky, grab his bone a swing his head back and forth while trying to do his little dance.  But alas, we had to do what was best for him and relieve him of the pain he so valiantly tried to tuff out.

I am sooo sorry, he was such a handsome boy.You will have many wonderful memories of his time with you.  We went throught a rough time a few years ago with four old dogs. We lost them all in a short time period. I was thinking we would never have another dog... losing them was too painful!  We realized fairly soon that the biggest compliment to them was  to not be able to live without another one... or two :) Enter LusaLu and Draco! Thay have filled our hearts but will never replace the others.

Sherry
feathersprings

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2009, 03:23:59 AM »

another picture that I like :)

I love this picture!!!

Sherry
feathersprings

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2009, 03:28:42 AM »

We gave our poodle a hair cut.
Took her to the groomer... and was quoted $58... and after grooming was charged $85 gah......
after that we are gonna keep her shaved from now on...

We groomers always do that LOL! People wouldnt leave them for grooming other wise! I was a groomer for about 3o yrs  But really  I hope they called you and told you what it was going to be before going ahead and doing the job! If I would quote wrong I would just have to do it for what I quoted unless it was a behavior problem and then I would call and let the owner know first.  They all look great though!

Sherry
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2009, 03:44:35 AM »

We groomers always do that LOL! People wouldnt leave them for grooming other wise! I was a groomer for about 3o yrs  But really  I hope they called you and told you what it was going to be before going ahead and doing the job! If I would quote wrong I would just have to do it for what I quoted unless it was a behavior problem and then I would call and let the owner know first.  They all look great though!

When my wife called in and asked for a quote, she was told $58 + tax, then she told them the dog has so much hair and some of it was matted and the quote didn't change..
When we dropped her off at the groomer's, they didn't say anything about her hair being matted or anything  
I'd understand if my dog had a behaviour problem and it was hard to work with her.. but my she is so well behaved.. so was told by the groomer... well.. I know how hard it is to groom a dog..(It took me and my wife to groom the small ones... and it took hours...)
I just wish the groomers were a little bit clearer on the quote...

O well... we learned our lesson and will shaved the dog at home every 4-6 weeks.... or we will just have to find another groomer :)
There ain't nothing I can do about it anymore.. so I'll quit complaining 

end rant.

Jeffrey

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2009, 05:46:30 AM »

He had been getting weaker for the last year, loosing all the muscle mass at his hips and his back. 

Roger, I am going through this now. My all time fav dog, "Gump" is blind , almost deaf and is getting weaker. But he can hear my whistle and still moves around by smell and touch. He has about a half acre to range around in and I got him a young female for company (and for a place for my hearts feelings to go when he does die)
            He got out about a year and a half ago or so and I was so bothered that he might be hit by a car that I prayed harder than I had prayed for anything in a long time, that I could find him. Which of course I did. But I was embarrassed a little that I had prayed so hard for my dog. So I knew right then, that I had to get another one or my heart would be crushed too much when Gump did die.
             He still enjoys life and I will not put him down until I know he is in great pain.   Anyway thanks for sharing about Rambo. Guitars can't put their big old heads on your leg and look up in your eyes and draw out your pain. But we can play a song about them.  OK I'm ramblin. I'll post a pic of Gump later.
                                                           Danny

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2009, 06:26:56 AM »

Here is a pic of Gump awhile back. He stays outside mostly. He only likes to come in to play with kids or get away from thunder or fire crackers. I'll find more later. All the kids and Grandkids love Gump. I have a funny story to share later also, about when he.... well I'll tell it all at once.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2009, 07:06:27 AM »

Thank you everyone for your kind words. 

We have nothing but the fondest memories of Rambo, he was just such a huge part of our lives.

My wife had him for 13 years and I met her 7 years ago. It was love at first sight, I'm talkin' bout me and Rambo now, I married the wife for the dog    Really though, I had never had a dog before except for about a month when I was 12. My parents gave the dog back because it destroyed things. So me and Rambo were pals from the start.

I remember the first time I came to my wife's house to take her out to dinner I was wearing black slacks.  I sat down on one of the kitchen chairs while she did her last minute primping. Rambo is so inquisitive when people come in the house, he loves company. So I'm sitting there petting him as he leans into my legs, well we all know dogs shed but some the hair just seems to fly out. The wife was so embarrassed and I thought it was hilarious.

When I moved in, every day when I came home from work I would take him outside and brush him.  He loved to be brushed more than anything. That started are deep friendship, he truly was my best friend, besides my wife of course.

Randy, I'm so sorry to hear about Sweetie The Dog. And your right about it being the hardest thing, you know in your heart that the time is coming but you just can't ever prepare yourself for what your going to feel.  I know you have your own fond memories and thinking of them helps you through.  Prayers to you brother.

Danny, I feel for you buddy. Thats what makes it so hard, they hang in there and just keep giving it everything they got because they have to be there for you.  Finally it comes down to you being there for them, and not letting them suffer. Rambo was a very proud dog, he held his head high. And you could tell he was embarrassed when he had an accident, and the last day he had no control left. We knew he didn't want to go on like that, it was just the right thing to do.  It was actually kind of nice that it happened while my step son was home on leave before going to Japan for 6 months. Rambo had the three of us with him in the end. 
Just enjoy every last day with Gump, you will know when it is time.  And we will be here for you.

Roger

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: