Got Dogs......?

Started by es-335, December 21, 2008, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on July 05, 2013, 08:19:30 AM
 That is a valuable mutt at $600 already.

Our Chihuahua would be scared to death of the fearworks, but at least she could come and be at our feet or get in our lap. We would let the large dogs in as well. They would still be nervous but at least they stopped howling and running around trying to get away from the barrage.  

A little note; we are planning on getting a dog soon. The wife wants a small house dog, I want a big un. Who do you think will win?

Well judging by the four long coated chihuahuas here ...  :laughin:

Hey Duck...where in Mexico is he/she? I go to Jalisco, near Aquascalientes, occasionally, my girl has property there, and of course Quintana Roo like everyone else.
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Quote from: dependan on July 05, 2013, 08:19:30 AM
A little note; we are planning on getting a dog soon. The wife wants a small house dog, I want a big un. Who do you think will win?

Brittany makes a great comprimise. Small enough, and with the disposition to be a lap dog, but also deep bark, athletic and tough, and big enough that people take heed, if that's a need.

and yes, I am totally biased.

2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

Quote from: Tio Kimo on July 10, 2013, 12:19:07 PM
Brittany makes a great comprimise. Small enough, and with the disposition to be a lap dog, but also deep bark, athletic and tough, and big enough that people take heed, if that's a need.

and yes, I am totally biased.
Thanks

I have 3 brittany spaniels ( referred to as a Brittany in the US and by the AKC ). I have 2 females, Dixie is a show champion and has FD hust test title and several field trial placements. She will be 11 in August. Paisley is my second female and still young at 3 years of age. She has show placements and has 4 points towards heew Field Champion AKC title.
My male is Maverick, and he will soon be 8 years of age. Maverick is an AKC Field Champion has show placements.
Would love to post pictures but I do not have enough posts to yet do that. They are my "kids" and I have tons of pictures of them all. They all hunt and going to bed at night is a race to see who gets t he best spot.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=323918051077722&set=vb.279733455503322&type=2&theater

This video on FB is definitely worth a look.

My wife's beloved German Short Hair Pointer died last night. She was the one who marked my OO-03SE. RIP
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: cke on August 03, 2013, 11:10:08 AM
My wife's beloved German Short Hair Pointer died last night. She was the one who marked my OO-03SE. RIP
Sorry for your loss.

Quote from: dependan on August 03, 2013, 11:11:32 AM
Sorry for your loss.

+1 on that. Its hard to lose a loved one.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Tio Kimo on July 10, 2013, 12:15:13 PM
Hey Duck...where in Mexico is he/she? I go to Jalisco, near Aquascalientes, occasionally, my girl has property there, and of course Quintana Roo like everyone else.

Didn't see this question. Like no one else I guess, Chelem, in the state of Yucatan bordering Quintana Roo (which is much cooler sounding).

Newest rescued family member...three hours from being put down, according to the rescue group. Dogs, cats, kids...we've got 'em all!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Quote from: dependan on August 03, 2013, 10:48:34 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=323918051077722&set=vb.279733455503322&type=2&theater

This video on FB is definitely worth a look.

Fantastic.

cke: so sorry. Leave's a big hole, I know.

@duck, no kidding! Quite a locale....you'll have to pick up a Jarana jarocha and play on the beach. Jealous!

2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

Maggie turned eighteen in early July... still lovin' her butterscotch ice cream!
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

Quote from: Stephen Basil on August 05, 2013, 01:12:34 PM
Maggie turned eighteen in early July... still lovin' her butterscotch ice cream!
that is wondeful

Here is our five month old Blue Heeler/ Australian Shepard mix. She is super sweet and smart. Loves to play catch and fetch as well as other games with the grandkids. We feel very happy to have found her. One of our grandsons works as a farrier and is on ranches almost every day, so he found a litter of pups for us and we chose this one.
      Kylie is her name.

Congrats on the newest family member Danny! That's a good looking pup you got there. 
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Thanks y'all. I wrote a longer reply but my cell pHone ate it :blush:

Karla the rottie has mellowed enough to "allow" Orion to be on "her" bed.

At least for a while...
Play it daily for best results.

We put a down payment on a English Setter pup that was born this week. Looking forward to bird hunting with him. Get him in about seven weeks. Stay tuned for pictures.  

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 28, 2014, 09:04:48 AM
We put a down payment on a English Setter pup that was born this week. Looking forward to bird hunting with him. Get him in about seven weeks. Stay tuned for pictures.   
That sounds like a good dog to have. But quite a change from your handful of lil Chihuahuas.
I had a pair of pointers once and one of them was a good quail dog, but she always found a way to escape the backyard and it was her demise.