Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Holt Last Night In Chicago  (Read 782 times)
waynep

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2004, 11:47:09 PM »

Hi All,

Went to Buddy Guy's Legends in Chicago last night. Saw a guy named Scott Holt. Man is he an awsome guitar player!! Played for close to 3 hours. He playes mainly a Strat. The band consists of him, a bass player and a drummer. I ended up buying 2 of his CD's and had them signed. I also got one of his used guitar picks which happens to have his name, website and logo printed on it. I slipped it in the CD case. Dont know if any of you have heard of him or not butt if you ever get a chance to see him dont pass it up . . . .  

wayne

sjax

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 01:38:49 PM »

A buddy of mine turned me on to him just this past weekend.  The Angels in Exile CD is excellent.  
waynep

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 10:41:45 PM »

I bought 2 of his CD's at the show. Angles in Exhile wasnt one of them . . . I got "Dark of the Night" and "Chipped Front Tooth". Both very good. He is coming to Arkansas next month. I am going to try and go!!!

He does a blues version of Prince's "When Doves Cry" . . . He uses the lyrics but doesnt use any of the tune from Princes version. It's totally revamped to the scorching guitar/blues style that Scott does. It was fantastic. When he started playing it, I thought I knew the lyrics but was confused as I didnt know the tune . . . . I couldnt figure it out for a bit then it hit me what he had done! Again, It's a great version!!

wayne

HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 02:36:55 PM »

Pretty cool website at:

http://www.scottholt.com/

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print