Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YOUR MUSIC on LGF?!!  (Read 2870 times)
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 06:21:40 PM »

So, do these need to be on separate boards?

It could be a good idea to split the posting locations, particularly since those who post original material might thus be spared both the self promotion of claiming authorship and the copyright claims necessary to identify and protect their compositions.

When I am ready to post I will likely include the background story that led to the song anyway, part and parcel of the "getting to know each other" motivation.

Now to get off my duff and figure out how to record with Sonar software.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »

It could be a good idea to split the posting locations, particularly since those who post original material might thus be spared both the self promotion of claiming authorship and the copyright claims necessary to identify and protect their compositions.

When I am ready to post I will likely include the background story that led to the song anyway, part and parcel of the "getting to know each other" motivation.

Now to get off my duff and figure out how to record with Sonar software.

Norman
and provides the additional advantage of making it easier for the RIAA to round up all the miscreants like me who play covers in one dragnet.
two boards for members' recordings seems to me to be needlessly redundant, but hey, that's just me playing the virtual curmudgeon here.
Nevertheless, I respect your right to think I am crazy as a loon, Sir! 
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 07:29:46 PM »

Nothing is broken, as has been well stated. Thankfully the last time I checked (and still true here) a difference in opinion is no stretch to mutual respect. I appreciated your question and the opportunity to answer.

We need steady hands like yours on the rudder, Queequeg. And I've enjoyed several of your postings. If and when the forum starts to get innundated with too many postings then you can consider splitting. Meanwhile it is easy enough to identify ownership.

My urging to other folks is this ... We have a place, let's use it to share our musical gifts. Whether polished or plain, personal or covered, this is a close as we can get to an open mike in a room full of friends.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 02:30:01 AM »

Well, nobody has commented on my tune waiting there at the Technique & Playing thread - The Huron Carol (at least the latest and possibly final version).  Perhaps because it's not in English, but rather Huron language?  Or because I actually didn't use my Larry?  Or because it stinks?

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 02:42:42 AM »

the heading reads as follows:
Technique & Playing
Discuss songs, tab, and technique, share your music
but I'm not trying to be argumentative here.
If that is confusing people we should change or add.
I never had a problem seeing that as the place to post tunes but I would VERY much like to see a seperate forum for that.
I have spoken to moderater who is checking on possibility. In the mean time start posting to where ever you can.
It doesn't matter as much where you post, but that you post at all!

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
RoundLakeDT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 02:15:08 PM »

Here's what annoys me about using Technique & Playing as a place to post our tunes -- you can't actually post tunes there!  Just a link to someplace else

I didn't realize this until yesterday when I went to go post an MP3 I'd made last week.  Realized that you can only upload images.  Now, all the storage that would be required to handle music and/or video files is likely pretty high (expensive), so I can understand why the Forum wouldn't want to do that. 

However, it seems that creating another board for tunes -- without being able to actually post tunes there -- doesn't really add much if we have to go and post our music files someplace else to begin with, then come back to the forum to let you know where it is.

What y'all think?  -Dave

Michael T
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »

Here's what annoys me about using Technique & Playing as a place to post our tunes -- you can't actually post tunes there!  Just a link to someplace else

I didn't realize this until yesterday when I went to go post an MP3 I'd made last week.  Realized that you can only upload images.  Now, all the storage that would be required to handle music and/or video files is likely pretty high (expensive), so I can understand why the Forum wouldn't want to do that. 

However, it seems that creating another board for tunes -- without being able to actually post tunes there -- doesn't really add much if we have to go and post our music files someplace else to begin with, then come back to the forum to let you know where it is.

What y'all think?  -Dave

Ya just post the link, not a big deal. A lot if not all server sights like youtube, soundclick, putfile, photobucket etc allow you to cut and paste your url or just the link to the song. You also retain control of the posting too, being able to delete, update, re-post etc. Many people hesitate to download files from the net, preferring to open them through a web server until they determin they would want to save it. Just my opinion.

08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 12:54:13 AM »

Ya just post the link, not a big deal. A lot if not all server sights like youtube, soundclick, putfile, photobucket etc allow you to cut and paste your url or just the link to the song. You also retain control of the posting too, being able to delete, update, re-post etc. Many people hesitate to download files from the net, preferring to open them through a web server until they determin they would want to save it. Just my opinion.
Yes, that's exactly right, Michael.
Well said.
jo3shb

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 02:43:27 PM »

I think it's a great idea. However will the music be exclusively created with Larrivee instruments? I think it's part of the point, if not the whole point of the idea. What info ot include? How about what gear, software etc was used in the creation of the music. Are comments, feedback welcomed? I would hope so, but be honest and be polite.
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »

I think it's a great idea. However will the music be exclusively created with Larrivee instruments? I think it's part of the point, if not the whole point of the idea. What info ot include? How about what gear, software etc was used in the creation of the music. Are comments, feedback welcomed? I would hope so, but be honest and be polite.

The larrivee forum YouTube channel does this already. All music performed on larrivee instruments.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 07:13:17 PM »

The larrivee forum YouTube channel does this already. All music performed on larrivee instruments.
YouTube requires that you prepare a video and the audio compression that happens when converting may or may not be the best.

I would rather see a music file space.  Could create one on SoundCloud or a Facebook page just showing links, or a simple forum category here on LGF.

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
OutWithTheBlue

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »