Neil Young, Greendale

Started by rounder, August 17, 2004, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last March I got to see Neil in Chicago on his Greendale tour.  Great seats.....6th row.

I found the show quirky, creative, and oddly haunting.  The people I went with hated it.  They wanted a 'greatest hits' show.  (c'mon Neil...play Cinnamon Girl..)

Anyone else see this tour or hear the CD?  Thoughts or comments....?

I have the CD and the acoustic solo concert DVD that came with it. I loved it. Neil is a great acoustic player and puts his heart into everything he does. The story is kind of weird, though. Like Dylan, Neil is one of the few artists who can do what he wants to do without being forced to maintain a certain image or style. Very interesting man.  
Larrivee D-03 (1997 model)
Larrivee LS-05
Larrivee 00-05

his best cd in a while. they're all good, even the bad ones, but Greendale has that weird "it makes sense but doesn't" feel.  i wish i could have seen the concert, it was in the middle of August in Houston last year, and that's just too hot for me.  my brother has the Greendale movie-dvd and says it's pretty interesting, like a Neil Young movie that doesn't actually stink. :D
i'm a visual artist myself, and the fact that Neil won't typecast himself into a particular style or become stagnant like so many artists do (mostly because it brings in the bucks) is very inspirational. he's also a very underrated guitar player. very creative guy--what a strange mind he has on him.

I saw the show last year also.  Front and center.  Loved it.  I've always been a NY fan and would have to say he was my number one influence as a beginning player.  I personally would have liked to see a bit more acoustic in the show, but oh well.  I missed him when he did the Harvest Moon and older stuff.

I saw Neil Young in concert last year on his Acoustic greendale tour in europe.
It was a great show. The old Martin guitars sounded so good live.

I have every album he has released. Don't play greendale much. But it was great to see it live.