Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy Buffet  (Read 1446 times)
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2008, 07:43:46 AM »

I've seen some posts from Jimmy on this forum from time to time, I remember he was one of the members that did a tuner retro with Gotohs, and he also prompted the "hot-rodding" article  a week or two ago, and I also remember a recent post on Olsons. I find him to be most modest, and (to my disgust) I don't know his music. I do intend to get to know though.
I actually saw 3 JB-signature Martins on the Martin Website this morning. The all-hog model (a 000-JBS) caught my eye, and it looks stunning.
Jimmy, if you come across this thread, I would dearly like to know some of the history behind those guitars, do you care to share with us?
Zohn

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »

Jimmy Buffett; (The Jimmy Buffett) is a collaborator on the new Little Feat CD, Join The Band.
Also features: Dave Matthews, Emmylou Harris, Chris Robinson, Bob Seger, Vince Gill, Bela Fleck, Brooks and Dunn, Sonny Landreth, Mike Gordon, Jim Mayer and Inara George.
Highly recommended.
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »

Jimmy Buffett; (The Jimmy Buffett) is a collaborator on the new Little Feat CD, Join The Band.
Also features: Dave Matthews, Emmylou Harris, Chris Robinson, Bob Seger, Vince Gill, Bela Fleck, Brooks and Dunn, Sonny Landreth, Mike Gordon, Jim Mayer and Inara George.
Highly recommended.
+1 Thanks!

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:31:36 PM »

Follow this link and scroll down aways, moga asks this question.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=16805.0

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
jimmy buffett

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 01:24:29 PM »

Jimmy, if you come across this thread, I would dearly like to know some of the history behind those guitars, do you care to share with us

Hey Zohn,

If you're referring to me, then I apologise for any confusion that my screen name suggests.  This is not the first time this has happened.  Should I be changing my screen name???

Anyway, yes, I did put Gotoh 510s on my three Larrivees, and love them.  I also did a post on the Olson guitar thread, and you know that I would love to have one of those JB Signature Martins, but alas, that one is not in the cards.  And I suspect that the history behind this model involves something akin to good old fashioned marketing...

Brian aka jimmy

Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »

I've seen some posts from Jimmy on this forum from time to time, I remember he was one of the members that did a tuner retro with Gotohs, and he also prompted the "hot-rodding" article  a week or two ago, and I also remember a recent post on Olsons. I find him to be most modest, and (to my disgust) I don't know his music. I do intend to get to know though.
I actually saw 3 JB-signature Martins on the Martin Website this morning. The all-hog model (a 000-JBS) caught my eye, and it looks stunning.
Jimmy, if you come across this thread, I would dearly like to know some of the history behind those guitars, do you care to share with us?
Zohn
I actually got the chance to see/listen to 5 songs of Jimmy this morning on YouTube, and I really like it,    (for a not-so-keen-country fan) - it seems like a lot of fun-music (this forum rocks!!!)

fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 07:00:13 AM »

Hey, Zohn, I'm a Jimmy Buffet Fan a long time ago and actually still plays his music from time to time. If I recall, he lives in "Long Island' and owns a few hotels has a beautiful sailing ship which he uses to sail the Carribeans and do his gigs. Very nice music, indeed.
Cheers
Fongie
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 07:34:51 AM »

Hey, Zohn, I'm a Jimmy Buffet Fan a long time ago and actually still plays his music from time to time. If I recall, he lives in "Long Island' and owns a few hotels has a beautiful sailing ship which he uses to sail the Carribeans and do his gigs. Very nice music, indeed.
Cheers
Fongie
I don't know his music well, but listened to a few YouTube videos of his, and I liked them.
You know what, since your reply, I'm suspicious of this whole Jimmy Buffet post all over again. I'm still skeptical of "Brian"'s last post, that he might indeed by JB because of the Laurencepark Cruises - "songwriter's cruise"- connection. (check his forum-signature) Any way, whatever the truth behind this "mystery" - his music has a fresh approach which appeal to me.
Cheers Mate!!

fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »

Oi Mate, Don't worry, I was fooled by it all when I first came to this Forum....."Jimmy Buffet?" I thought, "WOW!, Man! this is the bestest forum, I get to email Mr Buffet", 'HUH! Mr Buffet? Yeah, Right'
Cheers
Fongie bowdown bowdown bowdown bowdown
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »

Oi Zohn, you made my missus' and I laugh so much, we're nearly p....n' our pants, you DAG'
Cheers
Fongie
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 10:24:57 AM »

Oi Zohn, you made my missus' and I laugh so much, we're nearly p....n' our pants, you DAG'
Cheers
Fongie
Sorry, I'm a bit confused now - what was that?

jimmy buffett

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »

You know what, since your reply, I'm suspicious of this whole Jimmy Buffet post all over again. I'm still skeptical of "Brian"'s last post, that he might indeed by JB because of the Laurencepark Cruises - "songwriter's cruise"- connection. (check his forum-signature)

Nope - not the real jb, but I do do promote the afformentioned Songwriters Cruise, which is an amazing event that is held annually.  And by the way, If I were the real jb, I'd be down there in Key West instead of freezing my butt off here in Toronto.

Not to worry though.  I'm soon off to Australia for a month.  Does anyone know of a good guitar shop worth visiting in Sydney???

Brian aka jimmy buffet

Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »

I'm soon off to Australia for a month.  Does anyone know of a good guitar shop worth visiting in Sydney???
Brian aka jimmy buffet
Fongie is our resident Ausie, but he doesn't stay in Sydney though. He resides in Brisbane, but might just know about a shop or two. Check out his thread "Larrivees Down Under" in the Pictures Folder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: