Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Eagles  (Read 1245 times)
pigtown

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »

Saw them a couple of nights ago.  A really good show!  They played a looong time, too.  It was a multi generational thing, amazing how many younger folks to see these old foagies, all of whom are 60 and over.  They were like a guitar show they changed gits so many times, both the acoustic (99%Taks) and electrics (plenty of Fenders, Gibsons, PRS, and Music Man).  3 keyboard players, though.  What's with that??
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:10:53 AM »

Saw them a couple of nights ago.  A really good show!  They played a looong time, too.  It was a multi generational thing, amazing how many younger folks to see these old foagies, all of whom are 60 and over.  They were like a guitar show they changed gits so many times, both the acoustic (99%Taks) and electrics (plenty of Fenders, Gibsons, PRS, and Music Man).  3 keyboard players, though.  What's with that??

You luck dawg you!!!! Oh how I wish to see them live!!!! Must be the best acoustic rock-band ever (well maybe Poco is right up there). I believe they did more for Tak-sales than anybody else. (I guess "Hell freezes over" is the second prize)

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »

A night to remember.
I've seen them twice and both times were unforgettable.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Cybercanyon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 09:32:30 AM »

I’ll never forget my first Eagle’s concert.  It was fantastic! I would definitely see them again next time they come my way.

Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:57:24 AM »

For what its worth, I enjoy my hell freeze over dvd very much!!

Jeffrey

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 06:52:19 AM »

I saw them for the first time in 1976 or 77 when they were on tour and had Linda Rondstadt and Jimmy Buffet as opening acts. I think it cost about 10 bucks.  At that time I never could have predicted that they would have this kind of staying power.    It's the great songs and the musicianship that has kept them fresh and viable all these years.  Lots of bands have tried to emulate or downright copy this sound but most have failed.   

Tuffythepug
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 07:31:36 AM »

I saw them for the first time in 1976 or 77 when they were on tour and had Linda Rondstadt and Jimmy Buffet as opening acts. I think it cost about 10 bucks.  At that time I never could have predicted that they would have this kind of staying power.    It's the great songs and the musicianship that has kept them fresh and viable all these years.  Lots of bands have tried to emulate or downright copy this sound but most have failed.   

Tuffythepug

I wonder what the true story is behind the leaving of Don Felder. He must be one of the greatest guitarists I've heard.
Jimmy Buffet opening for the Eagles - Interesting, Jimmy is a regular to this forum as well - very modest guy, and he actually owns Larri's too!

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 04:05:13 PM »

Zohn
I'm not sure that the Jimmy Buffet on this forum is the same Jimmy Buffet of "Margaritaville" and
"Cheeseburger in Paradise" fame.  If it is the same person, my apologies Jimmy.  I had assumed that it was a forum screen-name only.  In any event, I'm glad he's a contributor.

Tuffythepug
Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »

Jimmy Buffett; (The Jimmy Buffett) is a collaborator on the new Little Feat CD Join The Band.
Also features: Dave Matthews, Emmylou Harris, Chris Robinson, Bob Seger, Vince Gill, Bela Fleck, Brooks and Dunn, Sonny Landreth, Mike Gordon, Jim Mayer and Inara George.
Highly recommended.
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 06:34:40 PM »

Zohn
I'm not sure that the Jimmy Buffet on this forum is the same Jimmy Buffet of "Margaritaville" and
"Cheeseburger in Paradise" fame.  If it is the same person, my apologies Jimmy.  I had assumed that it was a forum screen-name only.  In any event, I'm glad he's a contributor.

Tuffythepug

Tuffy
  Check out my Thread on "All hogs - please explain" under "Technical". There's an URL to the Beautiful 000-18JBS Jimmy Buffet from Martin. I know you'll love it.
Zohn 

jimmy buffett

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 01:27:55 PM »

Zohn

No apologies required, Tuffy.  Unless I owe an apology to the real JB.  Yes, that would be quite a show to have Jimmy and those other artists opening for the Eagles.  I've seen both JB and the Eagles in concert, and had a great time onm both accaissions...

jimmy (not the real) buffett

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: