Strings On A D-02?

Started by flaggerphil, August 16, 2004, 08:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm going to see my son's D-02 for the first time in a week or so and have said I'd restring it for him.  Assuming a D-02 is similar to a D-03, should I string it with lights, mediums or medium-lights?  I'll be using Elixir Nanos.
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

I say mediums. :D  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I like Meds on dreads also, but if you son is not used to them they can be a little tough. Sound won't be as full but lights or med/light (I like those Martin SPs or GHS True Meds) might be a better choice.

phil...what is "rock on, beavers"??  
Matt

Bourgeois Vintage OM

Better than any guitar... my two little daughters & my lovely wife

The reason I ask is that Larrivee's website says D-03s are set up for lights and ship with them.  I prefer mediums on my two Taylor dreads, but didn't know if I'd have to play with the neck of his D-02 (my son just got it recently and hasn't even started lessons yet...he's an absolute beginner) if I put mediums on it.  The Larrivee catalog also says their dreads are set up for lights, but can handle mediums.  I don't want to put something on the guitar that's going to mean playing with the neck...there's only one Larrivee dealer anywhere near him and I'm not sure if I'll have time to have the neck tweaked.

By the way, "Rock on, beavers!" comes from a chewing gum commercial from a few years ago.  I just thought it sounded funny when one of the characters says that line with a surfer dude accent...especially since my son (mid 20s) is a surfer dude wannabe and my daughter (30s, with two kids) is a surfer dudette.

B)
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

Medium sounds alot fuller on the Larrivee D.