Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gretsch Americana Now $29.99 (was $49.99)!!!  (Read 4457 times)
Bltprf502

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »

Go to your dealer and get a Tusq saddle and sand it down to be just a little taller than the stock one.  Those blank saddles are cheap! I tried bone and the Tusq brings more to the party.  It also helps to oil the whole thing.... Neck , body, fretboard, bridge, headstock...everything!  Also use a little white lithium grease on the open geared tuners.  Those guitars are super dry out of the box.  I use Dr. Ducks, but you can use lin seed oil.  I oiled mine and let it sit.  It soaked most of it up as it was so dry and I wiped off the excess with a dry towel.  I put a new nut on mine, but did not on my Dad's.  His sounds bettter, but his strings are newer.  I would not go heavy on the strings as other forums have reported lifting bridges.  After I set his up, he played it foe 2 hours straight.  Not like him at all.... These are killer little guitars!

A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?
Bltprf502

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »

The more I play it, the more I love it!!!

A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?
willguitar

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 07:03:43 AM »

Bltprf502,

Thanks for your reply. I'll follow your recipe and "bake" some fine cowboy guitar grub, unless I screw something up. Hopefully there won't be too much flatulence when I'm done making mods (I'm a new guitar cook)... ;-)

Giddyup,

Will

Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars
bikodog

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 01:42:28 AM »

Anyone interested in selling their Overstock.com Way Out West,  I need one for a guitar playing alien loving friend!

Larrivee D-03
Larrivee D-02 12 String
Blueridge BG-140 (J-45's are overpriced!)
Gibson J-45 (J-45's were overpriced :) )
NotRevGDavis

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »

A friend bought one I played it for around a 1/2 hr. sounded really good.

The Dude abides.

jojo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 02:51:24 AM »

Okay, I'm going to also be brash and ask if anyone with the "Way Out West" model wants to unload it for, say, $30. I really liked the graphics on that one.

Jesse Brace 00
'30s Slingerland Style #5
Breedlove C20 S/MYE
Loprinzi LR-15
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: