Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 15, 2009, 01:34:09 PM
Thats what I said............I just used 100 times as many words.  :roll

yeah...I just thought I would add my voice to the din so we don't get outvoted quickly.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on January 14, 2009, 07:42:54 PM
Quote from: TimButterfield on January 14, 2009, 05:49:12 PM
I was told that if they make a product using shells (abalone or MOP), there would be an additional $150 export fee on top of the additional cost of using the shell.

Tim
Really? Does that make any sense? Export Fee? Is that a Canadian tax?
It kind of makes sense to me.  I'm a software developer and added Canadian tax support to the FTD (florist) retail software.  There were a lot of different tax combinations possible when a flower delivery order went into or between provinces.  I suspect the same applies to exports, especially if they consume natural resources which might be local and/or relatively limited.  In this case, I was told this by Jim @ Trinity and assume it to be true.

Tim
2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

Quote from: Dotneck on January 15, 2009, 11:48:26 AM
its kind of like the clubhouse for members who are waiting for their new guitar.

exactly  :thumbsup
Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33

I agree, I like this thread.  I cannot wait until we see some pics of production, if that is gonna be possible.  Will they have been started at all yet, or will everyone at Larrivee be concentrating on NAMM just now?

When this is finished, this thread should be published and sent to all Forum III purchasers as a momento.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Well I guess that's it. Once again by consensus we move on. I like it that way, so let's leave it open as a forum III coffee shop, hang out.  :coffee

Thanks for the kind words about my Forum guitar.........and the stand.

About the stand. I do make them myself. Most are made out of Cedar, but some out of Fir. I wanted something that would look good in the living areas of my houes since I leave my guitars out (no kids, no dogs, no drunks). I've made most of them for myself and family and friends, and sold a couple. The design is my own and I'll provide a set of Pics of the details to anyone who wants them, just PM me with your e-mail and I'll send them out. I've not been making them for a year or so now, but the last ones went for $100 ea., if anyone is interested (not a lot of material but a lot of labor and finishing time).

Gary
Taylor Custom GC all mahogany
Tayor 812c (1997)
Taylor 612c (1994)
Yamaha FG730S
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Samick Greg Bennett OM-08CE

Quote from: dependan on January 15, 2009, 03:38:56 PM
  Well I guess that's it. Once again by consensus we move on. I like it that way, so let's leave it open as a forum III coffee shop, hang out.  :coffee
Can I make one suggestion, however, and that is that if we do get some pictures or build information, regardless of who receives the information, can it go via Ricky, only because I have so missed his BREAKING NEWS posts over the last few weeks!

Those guitar stands are fantastic Gary - great work!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on January 15, 2009, 03:44:16 PM
Can I make one suggestion, however, and that is that if we do get some pictures or build information, regardless of who receives the information, can it go via Ricky, only because I have so missed his BREAKING NEWS posts over the last few weeks!

Those guitar stands are fantastic Gary - great work!

Hey Ben,

just thought i'd say hi.   I have hardly been here lately.  In fact, I have not read several pages of this thread.

Gary's guitar stand is indeed fantastic looking.

So Ben, if Gary is in a generous mood, maybe you can have his stand and

I'd rather have the guitar.  :humour:

What a beauty !!!   :nice guitar:  I sure would love to hear it sing.

ricky

Gary- those stands are beautiful, functional, and way cheaper than anything like it. If anyone checks out prices on full wood stands (neck support also), the cheapest is around $150 (US). You'd be doing all forumites a big favor & giving a great deal for what looks like a high quality stand. Make some money ($100), make alot of people happy, & make yourself happy knowing this ! If you have the time, set up a thread & start taking orders. I'm still working on $ for the forum git, but I'd be down for one in the future ! :thumbsup
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Gary, the guitar goes without saying but nice stand.  Very nice, it sounds like you will be making a couple of those for forum members.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

it turns out that there are 78 orders now :)
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on January 16, 2009, 09:49:13 AM
it turns out that there are 78 orders now :)

Two people sent in deposits late. So Ricky is #78 and es-335 is #77.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on January 16, 2009, 09:52:28 AM
Two people sent in deposits late. So Ricky is #78 and es-335 is #77.

So are they starting to build them today?  Huh??   :drool:

Quote from: Randy_R on January 15, 2009, 10:14:46 AM
should we let this thread run (stickied) until the FIII guitars are delivered, or should it be locked and cut adrift?

Since this thread is approaching the size of encyclopedic proportions, we can call this Volume 1, locked.

Volume 2, open, will be the "waiting period."

Volume 3 will start after everybody gets their git delivered, call it  "The First 100 Days" ... man, that sounds like the Presidency and I'm not even American.  :humour:

Warmly (a balmy 5 degrees above freezing !!!   where's my swimming trunks?  :roll ),

ricky

Oh, I got mine already? Didn't I tell you?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: rpm60912 on January 16, 2009, 04:08:23 PM
Since this thread is approaching the size of encyclopedic proportions, we can call this Volume 1, locked.

Volume 2, open, will be the "waiting period."

Volume 3 will start after everybody gets their git delivered, call it  "The First 100 Days" ... man, that sounds like the Presidency and I'm not even American.  :humour:

Warmly (a balmy 5 degrees above freezing !!!   where's my swimming trunks?  :roll ),

ricky
I like Ricky's idea, well thought out...
For any who will someday use the archives to research these guitars as they become available on the used market, it will be very awkward to wade though soo much info..    Breaking it up into logical sub-catagories makes a lot of sense.   We  can keep the energy alive and still keep the seperate stages of this event unique and accessible.

Just my $.02, if that much........ds
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

I agree.

On with Volume II.   :thumbsup

Its far from a unanamous decision, but this thread will be locked and discussion and so on can continue at:

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=25099
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519